cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Image result for 2020 Gif

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 6 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum๐Ÿ˜ž

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Re: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Oh that is such a bummer, @lmaster! Itโ€™s been a lifesaver for me. Just wish they delivered Trader Joeโ€™s, that would be perrrrrfect๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Ok @treestar86 @eshoe @ather @lnum I'm headed to the store soon,,, what should I get lol ๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster  Ahhh what did you get??? This week Iโ€™m making pork chops, homemade pasta with sausage zucchini broccoli and kale with Alfredo sauce, breakfast for supper, hamburgers with salad, mini pizzas and chicken and veggies. Pretty boring week. 

@ather chicken fajitas, chicken stir fry, salmon for salads, pork fritters, and beef chilli dogs  

@lmaster  Yum!! Your meals sound amazing!!!

Sometimes ๐Ÿ˜† @ather 

@lmaster @eshoe I am allergic to avocado but I did love eating them before I knew. ๐Ÿ˜†

Bell peppers, tomatoes, heavy cream, Parmesan, tomato paste or diced tomatoes, onions, frozen veggies. 

I find I can make basically anything with the above from a stir-fry, to fried (cauliflower) rice, to throwing some frozen veggies in pasta water and making a homemade tomato sauce or cream sauce and my nephews tend to be ok with all of that as long as some kind of hotdog or chicken nugget is involved to accompany rice, and pasta theyโ€™re always ok with. 

If youโ€™re going a little extra I also keep some kind of green like romaine, spinach or kale, some creamy cheese, and some cucumbers or canned corn. Then Iโ€™ll make a homemade dressing and throw together a salad with some grilled chicken breast in a flash while whatever Iโ€™m making for the kiddos is coming together. Today itโ€™s a roasted cherry tomato salad with kale and burrata!

@lnum  I agree I love throwing a stir fry together. I actually put riced cauliflower in everything. Eggs, pasta and anything else I think of. No one seems to notice it to much and they eat it. So I count it as a veggie serving! 

Oh your dinner tonight sounds delicious, @lnum! Iโ€™ve never heard of burrata, so I am going to have to look that one up. I like making roasted kale chips, same with brussel sprouts, but no one else will eat them.

@eshoe  Oh yum. I love kale chips and roasted brussel sprouts!! 

A sling as I donโ€™t burn them, they are delicious, @ather

Oh my gosh burrata is amazing...itโ€™s mozzarella filled with cream! @eshoe 

Itโ€™s such a struggle for me too making healthy food only I will eat, but we just have to persist! I put on some weight during this quarantine that I am dying to get rid of. 

@lnum  I definitely need to look up burrata!!! Sounds amazing!!

Mozzarella filled with cream, @lnum ๐Ÿ˜ณ Unfortunately it sounds like something I would โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

Mmmmmmm I love cream sauce!! @lnum 

Lots of avocados they go in everything here @lmaster . Eggs, sandwiches, chopped and thrown in to some salsa for fast guacamole...I havenโ€™t made avocado ice cream yet, but I saw it on Iron Chef and now I want to try it! @treestar86 79B4ED52-8E59-465C-8088-D8B2368DEB0F.jpeg

@eshoe  Oh this looks yummy!!

Iโ€™d try it at least once, @ather - not sure how motivated I am to make it, though. Iโ€™ve heard wasabi ice cream cream is a thing, too, but I donโ€™t think I would go that far:D

@eshoe  I donโ€™t think Iโ€™d go that far either. I like pistachio ice cream tho. 

YES @ather that is one of my absolute favorites!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ Especially frozen yogurt, and none of the shops around here ever carry it! 

@eshoe omg interesting!!

Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • PhotoGrid_1578546640589.jpg
  • A8AAA174-13DB-4C13-8C6C-CD1B1B030EE6.gif
  • C7FFE4A8-52AF-4FCE-AAAB-0B397EFB149E.jpeg
  • 200.gif
  • First attempt at krumkake. Working on consistency.
  • 79B4ED52-8E59-465C-8088-D8B2368DEB0F.jpeg
  • EED8003C-755C-49DE-AA76-CF26D5857EC5.jpeg
  • 56510BDD-155A-4562-A827-873BB2AB2BBC.jpeg
  • 20201014_160637.jpg
  • D7B4F252-9F04-4681-8212-8F52F2C84A5C.jpeg
  • 42CA09A7-E315-4DDB-8E6F-B4CE17B8ECC7.jpeg
  • 0CB17153-10A0-4F9A-BEF9-1FA4647EF11D.jpeg
  • 72C15057-A018-4E34-9BAF-23DD1DF52CD5.jpeg
  • F03FC805-786F-4342-9E49-52971AA36C5A.jpeg
testing