cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Image result for 2020 Gif

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 6 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum😞

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Re: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

@Samtian oh my gosh!! You owe yourself money? Or your work didn't tell you something? Either way,, so sorry you are dealing with that stress!! 

@lmaster Thank you. Unfortunately work didn't tell my brother and I they were paying us for the time we had to take off for covid testing. They told everyone else so we filed unemployment. Turns out they were paying us, so now we are in trouble with unemployment office.

Ohhhhh noooooo!!! @Samtian I'm so sorry about the miscommunication!!!

@lmaster Thank you, lol me too.

@Samtian Welcome! Your goals sound very similar to mine from year 1, saving for a trip, reducing some debt, and focusing on being healthier. It is hard, but eventually you get to a point where it’s easier and like second nature. You just have to power through the first 6 months of it being hard and then you start feeling better and have more savings towards your goals and other things so you’ll be happier. 

@lnum Thank you! I had the same goals for years and years haha I could never fall through with them. But hopefully I'll be able to continue on with a low/no buy and start saving once things get better. 

@Samtian You can do it!!!! 💪🏼

@lnum Thank you!

@Samtian  I am totally here to support you! I’m going to try a low buy July so I’ll be here right beside you!

@ather Good luck!!

Today I finally got in to bath and body works uughhh just for wallflower refills 10 for $52 🤦 well... I did save about 20$ because my online order with shipping was over $72 @lnum @ather and I refused to pay for shipping,,, luckily the store is 45 min away and I wont be needing anything else for awhile

I feel you, @lmaster. I was stocked up on those prior to March, on my last ones now and I have a cart ready to go, I just don't want to pay for shipping. So I ordered a diffuser here instead. I'm kind of surprised they haven't run a free shipping promo.

I know @eshoe I'm really surprised to not see a free shipping deal at all!!

@lmaster Woohoo! I seriously want to email their CS and ask why the heck they’re not offering free shipping I think it’s totally bizarre. Glad your sticking to your no-buy!

@lnum it is very bizarre, let's see how soon they offer free shipping after I went to the store! 🙄

@lmaster Oh my gosh of course that would happen!

I have not seen it yet @lnum but that would be my luck 🤣

@lmaster  That’s awesome!!! Totally doesn’t count. You wanted them before the no buy!!!!

@ather very true!! I rarely go to that city just to shop, usually my son gets OT there and by the time were done,, were ready to get home 🤣 but yesterday I had a chance to go by myself so I took it

@lmaster  That’s awesome!!  I love when I get a chance to shop alone!! I have an appointment in the city next month and my husband has one the same day so we are going to go together and enjoy a day!!

Ohh that's awesome!! @ather quality time ♥️

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • PhotoGrid_1578546640589.jpg
  • A8AAA174-13DB-4C13-8C6C-CD1B1B030EE6.gif
  • C7FFE4A8-52AF-4FCE-AAAB-0B397EFB149E.jpeg
  • 200.gif
  • First attempt at krumkake. Working on consistency.
  • 79B4ED52-8E59-465C-8088-D8B2368DEB0F.jpeg
  • EED8003C-755C-49DE-AA76-CF26D5857EC5.jpeg
  • 56510BDD-155A-4562-A827-873BB2AB2BBC.jpeg
  • 20201014_160637.jpg
  • D7B4F252-9F04-4681-8212-8F52F2C84A5C.jpeg
  • 42CA09A7-E315-4DDB-8E6F-B4CE17B8ECC7.jpeg
  • 0CB17153-10A0-4F9A-BEF9-1FA4647EF11D.jpeg
  • 72C15057-A018-4E34-9BAF-23DD1DF52CD5.jpeg
  • F03FC805-786F-4342-9E49-52971AA36C5A.jpeg
testing