cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Image result for 2020 Gif

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 6 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum😞

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Re: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

@KateLovesYSLthere are a fair number of scientific papers on the benefits of red light therapy, so it *might* work but it would depend on the strength of the lights, placement relative to your problem areas, your body's specific level of responsiveness etc. Hard to say. My guess would be the results you are likely to see are probably not going to be worth over $600

Sharing some thoughts.  Most of you can relate.

I really want that BL Lunar Brush because I am a grown woman who wants a luxe brush.

However, I am a grown woman who can live without a brush.  Retail therapy can be good, but I am really trying to hold out.  I actually really love my SC featherweight no. 91 brush, and as you all have told me, shop yo' stash, so I am loving my stash.

Yesterday (and half of today) was kind of stressful.  Sometimes on Fridays I end up staying late because my work environment breeds that kind of chaos at times, so I might cave.  I am kind of hoping it sells out beforehand.

@danielledanielleSame here, when I get stressed is when I find myself really tempted to just get myself something, any little treat, to easy my emotional turmoil. This week was really hard for me but I've been pulling through one day at a time. Every day I tell myself "we can buy it tomorrow" and eventually it gets easier to let it go

I like that.."We can buy it tomorrow." @Brutalitops 

RE: Re: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

@danielledanielle it’s not sold out 😭😭😭😭. I understand the struggle. I have so many unused brushes. It’s like I’m making a brush museum. I haven’t opened my hakahudo brushes from imats. 🤦🏾‍♀️

😆 at brush museum! Yeah, I noticed. It's still in my car...

😆 at brush museum! Yeah, I noticed. It's still in my cart. I noticed though that it's backordered. When I had it in cart nearer to launch, I don't think it was.

I do so well until I get stressed and then I go on a makeup binge.    I feel ashamed to admit I’m close to Rouge and January isn’t even over yet.  The stress is only going to get worse as conference season gets closer and my dads health declines.  They’re not going to give him chemo anymore cause he’s too sick.  Its not even about appreciation- it’s about a little surge of happiness to break up the sick feeling I have all the time.  I’ve been going to the gym and trying to eat well but it’s not enough. A8AAA174-13DB-4C13-8C6C-CD1B1B030EE6.gif

RE: Re: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

I’m so sorry to hear about your dads illness. Sending healing vibes. Give yourself a break, if buying makeup helps you through this difficult time then buy it. Maybe just try to only buy a couple of things at a time and test them out before buying anything new. Or put stuff in your cart and just not actually purchase it. I window shop like this all of the time. Big hugs @heartsmyface

@heartsmyfaceRelateable. My Grandpa is in the same boat as your dad and he lives halfway across the country. It seems so stupid to get myself up and go to work, exercise, and try to eat well knowing there's essentially nothing I can do, I can't even visit really.  The call of online shopping for some glimmer of something to look forward to has been real strong. There are better days ahead, past behavior or spending has no bearing on your future. You can do better tomorrow, progress can start anytime

@Brutalitops   I’m so sorry to hear that.   Is he big into phone conversation cause just talking and being emotional support is a lot of help.   Just him knowing you thought enough to call, you know?  

@heartsmyfaceUnfortunately he's a crazy old hermit so, no phone 🙄 I've been sending letters. I hope your dad feels well, chemo is so sh*tty

@heartsmyface that was me last year. I almost hit rouge by mid January. I had to get a grip on impulsive buying. Your dad is in my prayers. I’m trying to use something I haven’t opened when I want to shop. It’s a work in progress 🥴🥴🥴🥴

❤❤

@heartsmyface 

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad’s health and the toll it’s taking on you. Nothing about that could be easy to deal with, but you are stronger than you can imagine and you have a whole lot of people here wishing you the best.

Re: RE: Re: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Yuppp

2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Pretty proud of myself right now. Went inside to my local Sephora (inside JP) they didn't have the new Fenty glosses in fs yet. But they did have the liners. I only walked out with a sample of a moisturizer (Glow Recipe- Banana) I've been wanting to try. -didnt hassle me to buy anything either for the sample✔✔stayed true to 2 of my resolutions/things to work on-limiting my new promos-made 1 in store for free & appreciating what I already have by not buying even more stuff...

@sonnydeeWay to go! It's hard not buying anything in store, definitely something I need to work on getting better at myself

RE: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

I just saw the new nude Colourpop collections and I am dyingggg to buy them even though I probably don’t need them. But They are so reasonably priced that it’s hard to say no and the colours are gorgeous. Early birthday present to myself? Lol

Re: RE: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

@KehDeemaybe a good challenge would be to see if you can hold out to your actual birthday? If that hasn't already come and gone, late reply lol

RE: Re: RE: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Lol birthday hasn’t come yet! It’s always sold out anyway so I’ll have to wait (I want the entire collection together, it’s cheaper that way). I’ve got 2 months to hold out and I don’t imagine it will completely disappear by then. @Brutalitops

Re: RE: Re: RE: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

@KehDee I’ll hope it comes back in stock for you, maybe you’ll even catch a sale too 😉

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • PhotoGrid_1578546640589.jpg
  • A8AAA174-13DB-4C13-8C6C-CD1B1B030EE6.gif
  • C7FFE4A8-52AF-4FCE-AAAB-0B397EFB149E.jpeg
  • 200.gif
  • First attempt at krumkake. Working on consistency.
  • 79B4ED52-8E59-465C-8088-D8B2368DEB0F.jpeg
  • EED8003C-755C-49DE-AA76-CF26D5857EC5.jpeg
  • 56510BDD-155A-4562-A827-873BB2AB2BBC.jpeg
  • 20201014_160637.jpg
  • D7B4F252-9F04-4681-8212-8F52F2C84A5C.jpeg
  • 42CA09A7-E315-4DDB-8E6F-B4CE17B8ECC7.jpeg
  • 0CB17153-10A0-4F9A-BEF9-1FA4647EF11D.jpeg
  • 72C15057-A018-4E34-9BAF-23DD1DF52CD5.jpeg
  • F03FC805-786F-4342-9E49-52971AA36C5A.jpeg
testing