Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2019 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

updated 12/31/19* The 2020 Thread is here 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Hey all!  Welcome to Year 5 of the No/Low Buy thread 😲

Since 2019 is LITERALLY around the corner so I figured it was time to get this thread started.  The 2018 thread can be located here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/2018-THE-NO-BUY-LOW-BUY-BUDGET-BUY-ACCOUNTABILI...

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from lnum):

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

The 2017 OP and link:

Spoiler
lnum wrote:

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Here is a link to the 2015 thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB-ROUGE/2015-The-No-Buy-Low-Buy-Budget-Buy-Accountability-and-Supp...

2016 thread: 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB/2016-The-NO-BUY-LOW-BUY-BUDGET-BUY-ACCOUNTABILITY-AND-SUPPORT/td...

2017 thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB/2017-THE-NO-BUY-LOW-BUY-BUDGET-BUY-ACCOUNTABILITY-AND-SUPPORT/m...

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Spoiler

Re: 2019 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Love this excel tracker!  I should do that. As for now I live on a river called de-Nile.

My bank account lives in full reality of the situation.  @JiMi2006 

Lol de-nile river is long and powerful!

Excel tracking is such a great tool, @JiMi2006!  Love that you’re doing that.

And good luck in resisting the promos - I’m such a sucker for those - it’s how I now have replacement products that I won’t be able to use until 9-12month later.  

Love the Excel @JiMi2006! Best of luck and we are here to help.

@JiMi2006  Dang!   That’s dedication there.  Hehe, it’s too late for me regarding any non-rereouging plans for this year.  I’ve rerouged four times over since January 😳

I'm not about to count as I'm pretty sure it's over twice, if not 3 times already since January. @heartsmyface 

This is so organized! @JiMi2006. What falls under the “other” category? Does that includes clothes, shoes etc, or is it more for fragrance or other peripheral beauty items like tools?

Thank you! LOL so far, other has been HUM supplements, a bath fizz, cotton balls..etc.

Good luck @JiMi2006!

Did you all see that Kimberly Clark is back after being gone for a year and instead of doing her normal what I’m not gonna buy videos she is going to do a five part series of how to stop shopping.  Don’t know how to embed a video so here’s a picture of it instead 3EA5D72D-A9B7-4A27-93AC-26896F91FAD5.jpeg

@PaletteAddict99 Ouhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!  Perfect timing!!!!  Thank you!!   😘

Okay, I bought makeup remover wipes today.  I was out and I like to save my face cloths from the brunt of my makeup by prewashing my face with a wipe.  

June spend- $8.78

What face cloths do you have @heartsmyface?

If you are looking for an alternative for Makeup Erasers, there is a similar but more cost effective option at Bed Bath and Beyond called Erase Your Face. 4 pack for $9.99 plus don't forget a 20% off single item coupon. 😉

Good job tracking!

@ShortErica I have a set of the erase your face ones but I don’t actually reach for them.  My face cloths are mostly all Anna Sui, Paul and Joe, and Jill Stuart.  

Not sure if you’re asking about my actual cloths or my makeup remover wipes.  I like Simple or Bifesta for remover wipes.  

@heartsmyface @ShortErica  Costco had make-up eraser set (1 big cloth, 1 travel size and 1 headband) for $19 if you are looking for that one. I like the cloth it was great at taking out makeup, my problem is how do I put just 1 cloth in washing machine since I am not sure if makeup residue will stain other clothes.

i also saw set of 24 White washcloths in Costco for like $12. Thinking if I should just get those for using at home ans wash when I have full load.

My thought is finding a possibly cheaper alternative for your face cloth and use the "worse" one for step one and then your better ones for step two. This way once you invest in them, you save by no longer needing the disposable ones. Not sure if that could be an option or if disposable just work better for your routine @heartsmyface 

@ShortErica   Ahhhh, I see what you mean!  Like sacrificial washcloths!    Yeah I can get on board with that!  Thanks! 

Now we're on the same train @heartsmyface 😉 Though I think your description is much better worded. Sacrificial washcloths 😂

Whelp, I put a dent in my low-buy today since I was at an actual freestanding Sephora and not at my local SiJCP. At least it wasn’t lipstick. Now my problem is masks. 🤦🏾‍♀️ *sigh* So. Many. Masks. I have enough masks to satisfy me for now. 

@divaknits ha, I feel hesitant to ask... how many masks did you take home today?  

Six @heartsmyface...but they weren’t exactly cheap except the Sephora masks, but I couldn’t stop at just one or two. They were having a buy three get one free sale. I had no choice. 😀

1 Reply
testing