Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

2019 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

updated 11/25/18*

Hey all!  Welcome to Year 5 of the No/Low Buy thread 😲. 

Since 2019 is LITERALLY around the corner so I figured it was time to get this thread started.  The 2018 thread can be located here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/2018-THE-NO-BUY-LOW-BUY-BUDGET-BUY-ACCOUNTABILI...

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from lnum):

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

The 2017 OP and link:

Spoiler
lnum wrote:

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Here is a link to the 2015 thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB-ROUGE/2015-The-No-Buy-Low-Buy-Budget-Buy-Accountability-and-Supp...

2016 thread: 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB/2016-The-NO-BUY-LOW-BUY-BUDGET-BUY-ACCOUNTABILITY-AND-SUPPORT/td...

2017 thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB/2017-THE-NO-BUY-LOW-BUY-BUDGET-BUY-ACCOUNTABILITY-AND-SUPPORT/m...

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Spoiler

Re: 2019 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

@ElleElleG, there are so many new releases that on one hand it can be overwhelming, but on the other, I can always count on something else to come out later that I'll like just as much.

Precisely @curlychiquita  !!  There are definite benefits to waiting, items that come out afterwards and more importantly reviews on the initial product of interest.

This is so true @curlychiquita. Less FOMO when even better could be yet to come.

YAY! for me & for YOU!@lustylips ,great resistance power, more to you! 

@sephoraaddict918, planning is good, gift cards are great!

@Lazybeautybeast, 50 days, nothing lazy about that, well done & Happy Birthday!

@Buootiful, I feel ya, girl!  Those Sephora lip stories from Holiday have popped in & out of my basket.  I love the cases, but in reality I only like one of the colors, I keep resisting.  @rockstarginaCongratulations!

@WinglessOne,  I'm with you, it seems I keep getting e-mails with lipstick.  Its hard to resist the color and in some the package and in one the price, but I didn't do it!

@sockmagnet, sometimes its just impossible to resist.  These cold ugly days, don't help.

@curlychiquita, kudos on resisting the Lucky bags.

@eshoe, Celebrating your daughter should never be an issue, in fact, I wouldn't even consider it!  

I've done well, shopping my stacks, after being tempted 3 times with multi-product sets.  Today, I almost fell back in, when the Target February beauty box popped up with the No7 serum, sample size covered the cost of the entire box,  but I waited and it sold out in less than 4hrs. Go me!

You are too kind with your encouragement @byme4u. And you've stayed strong for your own goals - congrats!

Thanks, @byme4u!  Great job resisting the Target beauty bag!

@sonnydee, quality over quantity, good idea! I'm going to use it.

@tastelikewater, could only enable you with your lip product weakness.  Drugstores torture me with the limited edition lip color displays!

@ShortErica, great work!  You set a wonderful example to follow.

@cianni, very good, keeping to a specific category for no buy, very very good.

@GuessgalYay, yeah!

Thank you @byme4u! This month is a bit tougher than last in terms of resisting temptations for me. Ipsy is sending me a free bag this month since they messed up one of my orders so my cosmetics spend would’ve been zero... but... I got tempted at Winners and bought a $40 Salvatore-Ferragamo fragrance. I’m hoping this will be my first and last beauty purchase of the month 🤞🏻 

Thanks so much @byme4u! Quality over quantity is a great idea to take from @sonnydee. Glad you are getting motivation from all these lovely ladies and hope you are sticking to your goals!

Thanks for keeping the momentum going! Hard to believe this is Year 5!! That’s like 20 years in beauty insider community dog years. 😅

RE: 2019 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

This is such a great thread!!! I almost bought the new Tatcha serum today but I held back! Gotta finish my drunk elephant one first. Seriously filled up with $300 of stuff in my basket and then deleted it!!! It’s so hard!!! I have spent about $300 so far this year...last year I hit $1000 in about a month!!! UGH... STRUGGLE IS REAL LADIES

Re: RE: 2019 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

The struggle IS real @lustylips !!! Between Ulta and Sephora, I have already spent over $500, but I don't feel bad about it because these have been planned intentional purchases, and most of the time, I have used gift cards. 

Re: RE: 2019 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Congrats on holding back, @lustylips.  The struggle is real and I gotta say - it’s hard to hold back on Tatcha.  Great job using up what you have before purchasing more!  It really is SO HARD!! 

Thank you for starting this thread again @ElleElleG!

I realized how crazy my spending and stash got the end of last year. So I stepped away from the BIC in Dec/ Jan so could avoid temptation. But while I have been away, I successfully went 50 days without any beauty purchase!!!! 🎉 I have actually enjoyed using up my stash and it has allowed me to focus more on products I enjoy and planning future purchases. I also have big bag of products to donate but I'm having trouble having somewhere locate to bring them. 

I broke my no-buy for February for my birthday. I placed an Ulta order yesterday to get perks, the gwp buy, and redeemed $125 in points so I have only spent $26 year to date! Additionally, I redeemed my points for a $100 Rouge Reward but I think I'm going to wait to redeem it because I don't really want/need anything right now. I also plan on placing a Target order for some Sweet Chef products and possibly some items from FFF add-ons. But those are the only planned purchases right now.

My goal this year is not to re-Rouge until the October sale or later. I will probably aim for the same time frame for Ulta but I may not end up at diamond. My other goals are is minimize waste, recycle empties, and focus on ingredients. 

50 Days down 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽, go @Lazybeautybeast .  Isn't it fun finding things you love within your stash?!

Best of luck with your goals for the year, you can do it!!

Congratulations on sticking with it @Lazybeautybeast !!!. I'm glad you can celebrate your Birthday and get some almost free goodies, great job!!

Happy Birthday, too!!

I am focusing on getting something if there is a good gwp when I need a product and if it all has good ingredients. I am very tempted to get a Caroline Herrera gwp but I dont really like the scent so why do I want it? Because the gwp purse is cute and I like the shoe shape bottle. That is not a good reason to get it so Im going to try to not to buy. *fingers crossed*

That is great, @Lazybeautybeast!  Happy birthday, too!

Congratulations on sticking to your low buy and above all else ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Lazybeautybeast !!!!! I hope you have an AMAZING birthday month enjoying your stash!!!giphy

@Lazybeautybeast Congrats on the great work! 

giphy

You've been doing well! Congratulations!! You mentioned waiting to use your Rouge Reward - but just a reminder that it will expire in 90 days from when you claimed it - so don't wait too long!!

Happy Birthday @Lazybeautybeast !!!!

C97E30F1-87F2-4F1D-A7C3-759877ACD855.jpegHope you have a wonderful day!!!