Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2019 Resolutions: Makeup, Skincare and Haircare Edition

Can you believe we are down to the last few weeks of 2018!! Time to reflect, look back at our purchases and make some beauty resolutions for the year ahead. 

For all those that made resolutions for 2018, you can look them up - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/2018-Resolutions-Makeup-Skincare-and-Haircare-E...

So let's all take a moment and plan our resolutions around our love for everything Beauty. In my experience its important to be realistic about your plans and also be willing to adapt as the year goes on.

Do you want to try the Project Pan challenge? Promise to use SPF everyday? Be diligent about double cleansing at night? Be more experimental with colours and techniques? Limit how many palettes you purchase? Hate resolutions and live everyday in the moment!?!

List your resolutions skincare, haircare and makeup resolutions and below are some examples to inspire you! Happy Holidays!!

Beauty Resolutions for 2019

1. Avoid impulse purchases, take a day to think twice before buying something
  2. Limit 'backups' for products 'just incase'
  3. Clean them Brushes - Face, eyes, hair and sonic
  4. Take care of my lips - scrub, moisture for the win!
  5. 'Make up' a budget and stick to it
  6. Treat SPF like your phone, always on you
  7. Routine Routine Routine, the skincare edition
  8. Take 30 minutes every week for self care like multi-masking
  9. Don't jump on EVERY new product hype
  10. Try new hairstyles - curly, wavy, straight, coiled?
  11. Clear your makeup/skincare/haircare collection giving/throwing away products you no longer use or are expired
  12. Buy one donate one - palette addition

Image result for new years resolution gif

Re: 2019 Resolutions: Makeup, Skincare and Haircare Edition

@curlychiquita If I made a goal to use all my shampoo/conditioner/treatments before opening/buying new ones I suspect it might be 5 years. Maybe longer. Good on you for doing that! 

@GG84, I know how you feel!

That’s awesome you were able to finish your hair products @curlychiquita. I’m the same when it comes to going through conditioners fairly quickly. I also tend to go through cleansing conditioners faster than I would an actually shampoo. 

Wanting a PMG Palette is motivating me to get through the current makeup stash too @curlychiquita!! Good luck on your eye shadow quest! 

Good Luck @byme4u!! It can be so hard when there are so many pretty things out  there and more is always coming out.

I’m already very stuck in my routine of skincare. I own a lot, but I use all of it. I’m very good at keeping up with my masking, tanning and overall self-care. I have one resolution for 2019:

Shop my stash!!!!! I need to stop with the makeup. I need to not fall for every launch...especially eyeshadow palettes. My goal is to use what I own. Perfect example: I purchased the Natasha Denona Gold and Safari palette and I’ve used Gold once and haven’t even touched Safari. I own every single one of her palettes (including face) and I never use them. I purchased the entire Sephora X Moschino line...and it’s all still in the box. I have plans to put them out on display but have yet to do so and I’ve had them for a year. I’ve probably purchased 10-15 different palettes in the last 3 months. That’s a tad overboard, especially since they are definitely not cheap. So that’s my only goal. For a complete makeup addict like myself, it’s a very tough task....almost like an addiction. Now, I never choose makeup over necessities and my bills are always paid. I don’t buy makeup with credit. If I don’t have the cash, I don’t buy it. Plain and simple. When I moved into my new home, I went 3 solid months without a single purchase so I could buy all new furniture, so I know I can do it. So in 2019, I WILL NOT re-rouge in February like I did in 2018. 

What I want to do is to put all my product to use as well as start an Instagram. I loooove looking at product so why not take pretty pictures of mine? I don’t care about how many followers I may gain. I just want to scroll my own feed and get some inspiriation! I love my collection. It’s my happy place. Why not share it? 🥰🥰🥰

@darlyndar  I don't use Instagram but think you should totally start one.  I would definitely look at it to see your different looks.  They are amazing and you always look stunning.  Put that makeup to good use girl!

I've got my fingers crossed that you won't re-rouge until April at the earliest @darlyndar!! And definitely start that Instagram! I love looking at pretty pictures of makeup, but I don't have a Instagram, so I do it on Pinterest.

Thank you @sephoraaddict918! I think one resolution is feasable. It’s a big one but It’s a habit that needs to be broken. I started an instagram a year ago but have yet to post. I’m going to channel my inner @Tamara76 and get some pretty background pieces and maybe some lighting! I already have a camera. I just need to actually do it. And I want @GG84  to join me! 

@darlyndar Such a good idea. I get caught up in new releases and FOMO. I only have one face, I must remind myself. We have discussed the Insta idea!!! ✔✔✔

@darlyndar @GG84 yessss come to the IG #shopyourstash dark side 💖

I'm joining in as well, even though I'm really bad at keeping up with resolutions (well any goal, tbh). So here are my 12 beauty goals for 2019:

-NO PALETTES! (I will allow myself one cheat). I have almost 60, I don't need more, especially given how few of my palettes I use day-to-day.

-NO LIPSTICKS! (I will allow myself 3 cheats) It is becoming increasingly difficult to find an original (and wearable) color I don't already have in my 200+ collection. I'm still going to get my ipsy glambag for a while, so I won't be devoid of new lipsticks to try. I just need to remember, I don't need dupes on dupes on dupes.

-Drink a liter of water each day. I really love water, but I am just lazy about having it near me. I'm getting a BKR bottle for Christmas, so I hope this helps me want to drink more water.

-Participate in the foils challenge. I keep getting more and more foil samples, but I'm just buying more FS items. I am interested in trying new things and maybe finding cheaper alternatives, so I need to really delve in to my foil (and DS) collection.

-Take a bath monthly. I also keep buying more bath stuff, I should take advantage of it while I'm still living in a place with a bathtub.

-Use Olaplex or another pH bonder monthly. My hair is partially bleached, and doing this really does help it. I can time it with my baths!

-Get my hair cut twice a year. I am really bad about getting my haircut, and then it gets all hard to brush and knotted, and it really does make a difference when I get it trimmed.

-Clean my brushes monthly.  I realize I should be doing this more often than monthly, but I gotta start somewhere. I use a spray cleaner to give them a quick clean, but I should be better about deep cleaning them.

-Mask weekly. The mask challenge has been a fun thread. I don't post as often as I want to, but I like peaking in on it. I have a million mask samples and sheet masks to use, so this will help me do so.

-Rotate through my palettes, using a new one each day. I hope the 100 Days of Eyeshadow challenge can help inspire me with this.

-Moisturize in the evenings. I get lazy about putting moisturizer on after my actives because they feel like enough, but I wake up in the morning with parched feeling skin. Also, as I get older, I'm going to need more moisture in my skin anyway. I should get in the habit now.

-Organize my samples effectively.  I have been struggling with a way to make them manageable and useable. I think if I have things organized in an accessible way, it will also encourage me to use my foils. 

It's been inspiring to see what everyone else has as their goals, and I hope we can all stick with them and achieve all our beauty dreams this year!

These are all great goals @snoflakefaerie!! I feel overwhelmed by my palette collection, and it's barely in the double digits. I can't imagine trying to work through 60! I wish you the best of luck with making it through that massive makeup collection! 

Weekly masking was one of my focuses this year, and I'm definitely continuing that into 2019. I really miss taking baths. The bathtub in my current place is not conducive to baths, so I can't wait to move in a few years!

Discovering epsom salt baths has been my second love of the year @snoflakefaerie. 1/2 cup epsom with 1/4 c baking soda. ♥️💖💗

I love this post.  To be honest, I'm in.a grieving period, and have totally stopped ALL my skincare, beauty, etc.  So it's kind of a good time to look to the year ahead.  My resolutions are going to be a little embarrassing compared to the ones here -- for the record, I work from home, so just looking presentable on a daily basis is optional.

Resolutions for 2019 

-If I cannot, or do not want, to do my complete skincare routine, if it is PM I will at least wash my face, and if it is AM I will at least put on a moisturizing serum.

-I'm going to set aside Mondays as my "beauty treatment days", multi-tasking while multi-masking to get done: deep conditioning treatment, bath soak, multmask, epilate, touch up toe nail polish if needed

-Moisturize my skin after every single bath/shower

-Stick to dry body brushing every day for one month, and evaluate from there

-wash my hair at least every four days. (yes, this is not something I currently do.  I have curly hair that looks great on days 2 and 3, but I've let it go waaaay past that)

-replenish skincare as needed, but do not add any more steps into skincare routine unless one step is being eliminated, ideally once used up.

-buy a maximum of one lipstick a month (this is almost all of my superfluous purchases)

-do not order something just because there is an awesome freebie on offer. I am very guilty of this.

-in order to accomplish prior resolution, don't open every Sephora promo email.

-keep engaging with BIC

-beyond posting and replying, start keeping track of who is who and get to know the other posters

I'm glad I have a few weeks before I actually am promising to stick to this, because daily beauty maintenance, even though I love it while I am doing it (baths, using my face roller, taking the time for my skincare routine) can seem like such a chore

xx my loves. thanks for the good ideas you gave me with your own resolutions. 

I love all of your resolutions @kelllllyyyyy!!! I need to be more diligent about dry brushing too. I thought that keeping the brush on the back of the bathroom door would help me remember, but it doesn't. LOL

I do pretty well with not succumbing to all the Sephora emails. It's the Ulta ones that really get me. I guess it's a blessing in disguise that I haven't been getting their emails lately.

Best of luck with your 2019 goals!!! 

@kelllllyyyyy those are great resolutions! It’s always best to set realistic goals, otherwise keeping up would be way too daunting. I love the idea of a “beauty treatment” Monday! Seems like a great start to the week - I may have to unofficially add that to my resolutions as well! And the full body moisturizer is something I’m also trying to do but I’m so bad for it, especially in the winter, because I don’t have patience to let it all absorb before getting dressed😂. I look forward to seeing you around the community more!

the designated "beauty day" really is a great idea, if you can stick to it.  When it comes to deep conditioning your hair or doing a series of three face masks, for me it never happens unless I have a designated day to do it.  Try it out!  

Okay! I've been thinking about this a couple days and I'm happy with the following resolutions 🙂 

1. Take care of my BODY skin. I am so good with skincare if, and only if, it's on my face. I am SO bad about moisturizing the rest of my body which makes no sense because I have dry, itchy, skin. I need to figure out a way to make this part of a routine.
    • How do you guys manage this? There is not much that i hate more than putting on jeans when my legs are still absorbing lotion. Is it better as a nighttime thing?
  2. Haircuts every 8 weeks. I finally found a stylist who isn't expensive, doesn't constantly try to sell me products, has online booking, and is conversational without making me feel awkward. I need to keep getting trims so my hair doesn't break and get stringy.
  3. Keeping with the hair theme, Olaplex 3 every month. I love the results but just need to make it a habit.
  4. Use Sephora gift cards for as many purchases as possible in 2019. I took inventory and i won't need to buy much in 2019. However, i want to always cash out credit card miles and ebates for Sephora GC and then use them during the sales.
  5. No eye shadow pallets. No matter how pretty and glittery.

@scott1201 What awesome resolutions! Good luck! 

Best,

Rebecca 

I'm living that no buying eye shadow palettes in 2019 life too @scott1201!! May we both stay strong in this quest! I really like that idea of shopping with gift cards! I might have to try that out too.

I am the total opposite because I keep lotion everywhere, and I moisturize day AND night! LOL I use Kiehl's Since 1851 Crème de Corps Refillable Hydrating Body Lotion with Squalane 8.4 oz/ 250 mlafter evening showers because it's the only thing that's been able to quench my very dry skin. During the day, I use something with a nice scent. Currently, that is the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mL.

Good luck with your 2019 Beauty Resolutions!! 

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Screenshot_20181223-162603.png
  • megcrying-2013-08-26-13-11-49.gif
testing