Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2018 Resolutions: Makeup, Skincare and Haircare Edition

With the countdown to Christmas/holiday season and the New Year I thought it would be interesting to take a moment and plan some resolutions around our love for everything Beauty. In my experience its important to be realistic about your plans and also be willing to adapt as the year goes on.

Do you want to try the Project Pan challenge? Promise to use SPF everyday? Be diligent about double cleansing at night? Be more experimental with colours and techniques? Hate resolutions and live everyday in the moment!?!

List your resolutions, either each from skincare, haircare and makeup or multiple for any category. Listed below are some examples of resolutions, with mine in bold. Feel free to list your own!!

Beauty Resolutions for 2018

1. Avoid impulse purchases, take a day to think twice before buying something
  2. Use all my face products at least once a month each
  3. Wear more then shades of brown on my eyes!
  4. Clean them Brushes - Face, eyes, hair and sonic
  5. Take care of my lips - scrub, moisture for the win!
  6. 'Make up' a budget and stick to it
  7. Treat SPF like your phone, always on you
  8. Routine Routine Routine, the skincare edition
  9. Take 30 minutes every week for self care like multi-masking
  10. Don't jump on EVERY new product hype
  11. Try new hairstyles - curly, wavy, straight, coiled?
  12. Clear your makeup/skincare/haircare collection giving/throwing away products you no longer use or are expired
  13. Accept that one persons mole is anothers beauty mark - Love what you got!
  14. Spend less time looking at makeup GIF's!

anigif_enhanced-9615-1417521769-9.gif

Happy Holidays!

Re: 2018 Resolutions: Makeup, Skincare and Haircare Edition

Thank you @heylady14! I was wondering if the Primer was worth getting, so it's definitely on the list now.  I'm looking forward to getting more into this!

I'm going to try and join you in this @fieldsofclover! I used to love doing my nails (also on the sofa while watching TV) and I haven't done much the last few months. I have dozens of nail polishes that need some lovin.

RE: Re: 2018 Resolutions: Makeup, Skincare and Haircare Edition

Ooh bravo @fieldsofclover!! I love your resolutions

I haven’t had a planner in ages. Almost every planner has some type of quote or saying on it. Not my cup of tea, I prefer when pictures speak for themselves.Time to get more organized and meet some goals. 🙂6FC405EF-5A34-4169-B0BE-E655260A44C3.jpeg

RE: 2018 Resolutions: Makeup, Skincare and Haircare Edition

My goals will be: 1) Appreciate what I already have; 2) Take care of the basics: my skin/hair/nails and stress levels; 3) Buy What I need Not What happens to be a good deal; 4) Find a few things (skincare, makeup, nailcare, etc.) that are perfect for me to create a more minimalistic routine (I not only travel a lot, but move often between cities, countries and continents, so having a few holy grails will be helpful) 5) Be eternally grateful 😋 Happy New Year, beautiful ladies and wonderful Sephora

Re: RE: 2018 Resolutions: Makeup, Skincare and Haircare Edition

Love your resolutions @Zvezdochka! Good luck when them in 2018!

My Makeup Goals for this year are to:

1. Not purchase any makeup! - Now this is going to be a tough one, as I'm addicted to watching youtube videos of makeup reviews and keeping up to date on all the releases.  Although I am off to a good start as I had the Kat Von D Makeup Trio in Rust in my basket as it's on sale for only $15!!! But, I just removed it 🙂 . I hope my resolve stays strong throughout the year.  Wish me luck.  OK, I give myself permission to purchase only:  foundation ( I'll need to buy some as my shade changes with the seasons) and eyelash primer (for obvious hygienic reasons), eyebrow pencil (I have 1 backup but I'm sure I'll run out of that before the end of the year).

2. See Goal #1.

3. Complete  my first ever Pan It Project - I've chosen 10 items.  My goal is to completely finish 2 items that I think I can finish up and to hit pan on the other 8.

Good luck with the project pan @b3autygrl!!

@b3autygrl  Nice... it's a good year for shopping the stash! There are several challenge and Project Pan threads floating around here too you might want to jump into. More than a few of us are using those to work on activities that aren't, well, buying stuff 😂😂

@fieldsofclover I’m definitely using the challenge threads to work on not buying stuff. Or even just buying less stuff would be an improvement 💸💸

yes @fieldsofclover!  I actually just posted to the Pan IT! 2018 Challenge thread.  I'm very excited about using up some of my older products.

RE: 2018 Resolutions: Makeup, Skincare and Haircare Edition

Let down my curly hair!

2018 goals- drink more water (outside of work), be more a...

2018 goals- drink more water (outside of work), be more adventurous with color and finally bunker down with a good skincare routine

Marie Kondo is getting to me... considering returning a p...

Marie Kondo is getting to me... considering returning a palette (Modern Ren) I'm just not using enough, since it's still in excellent shape and I gave it a fair shot. Was going to Project Pan it, then realized that was a terrible idea since I *know* why I'm not picking it up enough (I have hooded eyes and purple hair... too many shimmers/ochres for me to use more than 4-5 of the shades in a semi-natural way). Will see if I can get store credit and get the Huda mauves instead. Spark joy, y'all

Re: Marie Kondo is getting to me... considering returning a p...

Update: the Huda Mauves palette is the perfect everyday set for me. Glad I didn't settle on this. 😘👌

@fieldsofclover i've been going back and forth on the mauves palette! i tried the rose gold palette last year and didn't love the formula so i've been scared off

@sparklekai It sounds like the Obsessions formula is different from the larger palettes... a lot of people (unsurprisingly) griped about it, but maybe the smaller one would work out in your favor.

I like it more than I expected to, but now I'm also more annoyed with the UD primer than I had been so I'm looking for something else to put under my shadows.

@fieldsofclover the ud primer does nothing for me!!! im finishing it up because im stubborn but im so over it!

I returned it! And they were out of everything I wanted instead, of course, so I had them order the Huda palette for me and just took the rest in store credit. Money in da bank 💳

(The SA was trying to tell me how it was so popular, and great with all the warm colors and all, though... after I told her I was returning it because I got talked into it even though the warm shades didn't work for me.
"Are you sure you want the Huda palette? It only has mauves in it."
"Yes, that's exactly why I'm returning the one you're holding and getting that instead." 🙄)

i can't remember which palette i returned but when she asked why i was returning it i said the shades didn't work for me and she responded with "but people love this"....cool story bro, doesn't work for me

in april 2015 i was feeling very overwhelmed and i decided to do a marie kondo clean out of my house...!  the process was overwhelming in itself - once i had all my clothing laid out i wanted to run and never look at it again.  but i managed to go through everything.  it took me many many hours to go through just my clothes and many more to put things back away.

11148721_10153997326898840_8680722449612985404_n.jpg

in the end it felt very rewarding.  i got rid of all this crap! 250 pieces of clothing.  i did a mini version before the new year and plan on doing a big declutter before i go back to work in september. 

11150206_10153997334238840_7423197495935150770_n.jpg

11146267_10153997330033840_3585831608123696307_n.jpg

Photos10
  • anigif_enhanced-9615-1417521769-9.gif
  • NY resolution tina fey.jpg
  • 11150206_10153997334238840_7423197495935150770_n.jpg
  • 11146267_10153997330033840_3585831608123696307_n.jpg
  • 11148721_10153997326898840_8680722449612985404_n.jpg
  • 09852F18-055F-48D4-8F3C-BDC21E883698.jpeg
  • 6FC405EF-5A34-4169-B0BE-E655260A44C3.jpeg
  • Samples sorted for donation to local women's shelter/dress-for-success program
  • PhotoGrid_1527984540654.png
testing