Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2017 Favorites: the Best of the Best!

I can't believe we're already at the end of the year! We've missed a couple months of favorites, but I wanted to round it all out to the best of the best for the year. What have you purchased or fell back in love with this year that ended up making the Best of the Best list?! 

Here are mine: 

Makeup: 

Pat McGrath Mothership II Sublime Palette: I have all three palettes and this is the warmest of the three. I love it for everyday and evenings out. The formula is really what attracts me to this one. I love it. 

Becca x Chrissy Tiegan Palette: This was my favorite thing this summer. The blush color is perfect and I enjoyed having Rose Gold and that Nectar highlight. I wasn't so big on the bronzer as I don't wear them, but it made a nice crease color. 

Tom Ford soliel Blush Duo - Paradise Lust: Another summer favorite. I traveled with this all summer and loved that I was so into both shades. It blends so well and gives a great glow! 

Tom Ford Lipstick- Night Mauve: This rosey/coral color is my jam. When I swatched this color, I knew it was totally me. I've been in love with Mr. Ford's lipsticks since getting my first which I think was Reckless. This is the perfect everyday color for me. 

Makeup FavoritesMakeup Favorites

Skincare: 

Uma Oils Clarifying Oil: Total game-changer for me. I just re-purchased bottle #3. This oil is amazing if anything weird is happening with my skin. It clears it up within 2 days. It's a total savior! 

Jordan Samuel Plie Cleanser (now known as After Show): I really like this for a first cleanse/makeup remover. I didn't think anything could beat my last cleanser but this stuff is amazing. It gets every little bit of makeup off and my skin feels so clean afterwards. The best part is the price: $20. 

Uma Oils Ultimate Brightening Mask: Talk about glow when you take this off. It lasts for days. I love this when I have an event I need to be glowy for, or if I'm feeling a little dull.

May Lindstrom The Youth Dew: I found this one last year, but it's the serum I keep coming back to for ultimate hydration and keeping my skin in check. It's expensive but I repurchase it every time. 

May Lindstrom The Blue Cocoon: Similiar to the Youth Dew, this is a HG for me. I finished my first one; it lasted about a year, so that totally justifies the price. It helps my perpetually dry/dehydrated skin. 

Trish McEvoy Retinol Eye Cream: Another HG that I've been using for years. Nothing compares, so I simply don't try. 🙂 The only thing that keeps me from having to use a color corrector under my eyes. I don't know what magic Trish is working with but I love this product.  

Skincare FavoritesSkincare Favorites

What are yours?!?!? 

Re: 2017 Favorites: the Best of the Best!

Makeup

Urban Decay Naked Foundation - I absolutely love this foundation!  I have this in a darker shade so I've switched to Too Faced Born This Way for the winter, and although I do like it... i definitely prefer the Urban Decay one much more. 

Marc Jacobs Highliner - I wish these weren't so expensive, but the quality is second-to-none.  These last me throughout the day and don't smudge under my eye. 

RCMA no Color Powder - this is a much cheaper option to the Laura Mercier Setting Powder.  I like this for my face, but not so much for under my eyes.... it is a tad drying.

Lash Paradise - Love this mascara!!! Great drugstore option.  I actually like this better than practically every high-end mascara I've tried. 

Skincare

1.  Clinque Moisture Surge Overnight Mask - this has lasted me such a long time!  I have switched between quite a few night moisturizers and somehow I always come back to this one.  The hydration it provides to my extremely dry skin overnight is miraculous.  Will definitely repurchase. 

2. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser - love the smell of this.  Definitely my favorite cleanser. 

3. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum -  I cannot say enough good things about this product!! I haven't tried the DE Vitamin C product (although I have heard great things), but in my opinion this one is such great quality.  It is a tad expensive, but each time I finish the bottle I wait to repurchase and I notice a definite difference in my skin. 

Makeup: 

-IT Cosmetics Foundations... all of ‘em

-Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 3

-Bite Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick

Skincare:

-Ole Henriksen Pore Balance Facial Sauna Scrub

-L’Occitane Shae Cleansing Oil

Fragrence:

-Elizabeth and James Nirvana White, Bourbon, and Amethyst

-Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Rosé

List is short and sweet... I wanted to choose items I fell in love with during 2017, not one I’ve used for years but still love. 

@mrsbaine I totally forgot that Becca x Chrissy palette came out this year since there were sooooooo many releases!   That is one of my all time faves, too, and I'm not just saying that because I love Chrissy so much!!! ❤️

chrissy.gif

I really need to keep track all year long of what I am loving, but here are products that I have reached for consistently either throughout the year or since they've been released:

Skin: 

- Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 - game changer

- Clarisonic - I have been using this for about 5 years now. I accidentally left it at my parent's house during a weekend visit and was without it for a couple of months. I REALLY noticed the difference and am happy to have it back!

- I'm From Honey mask 

- La Mer Creme de la Mer

- Vitamin C (either Skinceuticals or Obaji)

- Collosol Softening Lotion

Makeup:

- Cle de Peau foundations - I have loved the Radiant Fluid, Radiant Cream, and "The Foundation" throughout this year and years past if they were available

- Chanel le Volume de Chanel - my favorite for years now

- Chanel Bronze Universal - I used this most of the year (I'm not using a Givenchy bronzer though and it is WONDERFUL)

- My custom shadow palette which includes - ABH Gleam, Birkin, Warm Taupe, Red Earth, and Rich Brown plus MUFE D562, I544, and D652

- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe, Surratt brow pencil in blonde, and Surratt brow pomade

- By Terry Touche Veloutee

- Pat McGrath eyeliner in Blk Coffee - great on the waterline/tightline and to line the actual lid

- Highlighters! - specifically, Lancome Dual Finish in Shimmering Buff and Sparkling Peche, Chanel Lions, Dior in 002, Marc Jacobs dew drops, and Cover FX custom enhancer drops

- Surratt blushes - Barbe a Papa and Chaleur

- Lips (there are quite a few, but I love a good lipstick) - Pat McGrath and Kevyn Aucoin liners, By Terry and Chantecaille gloss, Chanel Boy, Cle de Peau Bamboo, Kevyn Aucoin Enduring, MAC Hue, Tom Ford Paper Doll, Chantecaille Mirage, Chanel #1 red lipstick (from their holiday reds that were recently released...this is the most perfect red)

Brushes:

- BeautyBlender (always)

- Wayne goss eye brush 04

- Tom Ford eye brush #12

- Marc Jacobs Bronzer brush
- Wayne Goss Airbrush

- Marc Jacobs Face II brush

Hands down, the very best of the best of 2017:

- Amorepacific Vintage Essence : made my skin so smooth, hydrated and strengthened my moisture barrier so much;

- Sulwhasoo overnight vitalizing mask : smells like heavenly herbs and keeps me hydrated and glowy without fault, at every single usage. If I'm ever feeling dry, I slab this on over my skin at night and no joke I wake the next morning just glowing.

- Dr Jart Cicapair cream: no nonsense repairing moisturizer that comes in a convenient hygienic tube packaging. I use this consistently for 6 months now and not one single pimple has popped up since.

These three are my ride or die, holy grail products that I would grab with me if there was a fire, not a single doubt. They've consistently given me visible results at every single usage and I cannot rave about them enough!!

Anonymous Insider

Love the AP Vintage essence, @AzaleeG!  Ohhhh, Sulwhasoo ... so much skincare I want to try!  I have a mini of that mask and will have to give it a go soon!

Favorites this year: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel (ext...

Favorites this year: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel (extra strength), Fresh Soy Cleanser, Laneige Water Sleeping Mask, and various sheet masks (especially a Korean tea tree one) completely changed my skin. My skin has almost no acne now, it's bright, has no unusual texture, looks even toned, and seems plump and hydrated. I normally have combo skin/dry skin in the winter. I'm very happy that I decided to ditch some of my previous favorites. My skin wasn't getting any better but I thought it was the best it could be- I was wrong
Anonymous Insider

Re: Favorites this year: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel (ext...

@AnneSteph, I'm in love with the Laneige sleeping mask - I use it as a regular moisturizer in the morning a lot of times as well.  Good to know about the DDG pads - I'm starting out with the ones for sensitive skin but am hoping to get up to the extra strength one at some point.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Favorites this year: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel (ext...

@AnneSteph, completely agree - Laneige water sleeping mask and sheet masks are amazing! 

Love this thread! I’ll try to get my picks up in the next day or two. 

RE: 2017 Favorites: the Best of the Best!

After sitting at my vanity for an hour, these are my absolute favorites!!! 1: Natasha Denona Sunset. No explenation needed. 2: Ofra Highlighter in Bali. It’s the perfect Peachy/pink shade for my skintone. 3: RCMA no Color Powder. It’s amazing, cheap and it works better than any of my 10+ setting powders in my collection. 4: Fenty. It really lasts on my skin. 5: Double Wear. Same as Fenty, it just works and works well. 6: Hourglass Radiant Light. It brightens up my undereyes in the most beautiful way. 7: Hourglass Bronzer. Again, the glow Hourglass gives is next level! 8: Artis Oval 7. The best way to apply foundation!!! Nothing can compare. It wastes zero products and blends to perfection. 9: Lash Paradise best mascara everrrrr!!!! 10: Tarte Shape Tape. The hype is real! Oooops! 11: Slay All Day setting spray!!! I own soooooo many setting sprays but this one I buy in bulk. It sets makeup better than anything I’ve ever used!!!

Re: RE: 2017 Favorites: the Best of the Best!

Love all the hourglass! Such a good brand 

Re: RE: 2017 Favorites: the Best of the Best!

Check on Natasha Denona Sunset.  Check on Hourglass Bronzer.  Check on Lash Paradise!!!! 🙂

@darlyndar When i get home from work for sure!! Im lookin...

@darlyndar When i get home from work for sure!! Im looking for a new setting powder that doesnt leave a white cast, was using MUFE HD, tell me more about this RMCA...

@darlyndar ugh. Just ordered it along with Natasha Lila p...

@darlyndar ugh. Just ordered it along with Natasha Lila pallet. You're making me broke!

Re: @darlyndar ugh. Just ordered it along with Natasha Lila p...

@GG84 Sorrrrrrry! I hope you took advantage of the payments! Lol. The new Wayne agoss brushes are next on my list. Next year. I have to be done now! 😩😩😩

Re: @darlyndar ugh. Just ordered it along with Natasha Lila p...

I sure did. I like that option actually, its very afordable that way. 

Re: @darlyndar When i get home from work for sure!! Im lookin...

@GG84 It’s $12 for all that product!!! It doesn’t leave a white cast, it doesn’t alter your foundation shade, it’s perfect for baking, ridiculously finely milled and just leaves your skin sooooo velevety. For that price, there’s no reason not to buy it! Lol. You can get it on Beautylish. I know they ship to Canada. I love Beautylish too. It’s so nice that they give you the option to to 4 payments if your purchase is over $100. That’s how I got my Natasha Denona #28’s and Star Palette! 

Re: @darlyndar When i get home from work for sure!! Im lookin...

@GG84 Sorry if I gave you a reason to buy more makeup! Lol!!! I neeeeeed to stop. 

RE: 2017 Favorites: the Best of the Best!

@GG84 I’m tagging you! Lol. Show us your top 10! 🖤🖤🖤
Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • Makeup Favorites
  • Skincare Favorites
  • CF5187F5-E83E-4B56-99F8-878C98431E40.jpeg
  • Neutral Rose
  • Ruby
  • E2E92703-B41A-4C3C-BA0A-9A9B8B9AFF9C.jpeg
  • 9C092E7E-B7D5-400A-9560-D914D6397A68.jpeg
  • IMG_0397.JPG
  • chrissy.gif