Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

which shade of blonde will look best with my skin tone?

I am super bored of my hair. I like something that really commands attention. I usually go red, but this summer I'm thinking blonde. And yes, I would keep the dark brows. I dont understood skin tones because I always get told something different. I'm pretty dolled up in this picture, but its the only nice recent shot I have. I need help. Thanks.

Tags (3)

Re: which shade of blonde will look best with my skin tone?

I actually like the red hair ( even though I'm not fond of red hair usually) maybe like a golden blonde 

Well There is alot to consider. Your brows are dark, so think about it, blonde hair with really dark brows. Its not the best combination. Sometimes you can make it work. And Before i make a suggestion are you going to get it done professionally, or do it yourself?

i'll be having it done. I just like to go in there with a plan/have time to think about things first.

Okay i was hoping you'd say that! I think you should go for a medium/light brown with blonde highlights. A full on blonde is a huge change, and hard to achieve since your hair has red in it. As a stylist, when someone comes in wanting to be blonde and they have dark/of red hair, I tell them it's not going to happen over night. Some people may go for it and tackle it, but i am more on the safe side, i will highlight it and go as light as we can without causing damage, and then tone out all the orange that comes out when there is red in the hair. Usually we get to a medium sometimes light brown, then the next appt i do more highlights and try to get them blonde. Most people are completely shocked with such a drastic change. They love it but realize they want to go back. It happens wayy to often. Be sure your ready for it! If your stylist can get you blonde then go for it. But my suggestions is heavy highlights, so you can alot of dimension in the hair and it's not boring. I hope this wasn't too completely off from what you were looking for. 

well I know my initial plan was to use a color striper. My stylist used it around christmas and it was super effect/non damaging. I just don't know what my skin tone is, warm, cool, natural. it makes it hard for me to choose.

Your skin is very fair and has some slight pink undertones and really you could do so much with it. A dirty blonde, golden blonde, and light blonde would all go well but your eyebrows are what might hold you back. And because of that you need some dark in there so it doesn't look odd. Blonde with low lights is another option. 

Though this isn't the best image of her, I think going for a blonde like what Emma Watson has in this photo could work. She's on the fair side of the complexion scale and her brows are darker in this photo:

She's rocking a much more golden blonde shade and if you notice it's not just a solid shade. Her roots and under layers are darker, and like Ariela said, low lights can help warm up and deepen the blonde to where it won't be so stark against your brows.

There's also this image of model Agyness Deyn who rocks a much lighter, cooler blonde with her fair skin and dark brows:

She definitely plays up the contrast a lot more and if you're not afraid of something more bold, going on lighter spectrum could work.

Highlighted

@Sarhstdr, your red hair is gorgeous! I had a friend who was a natural redhead and very similar coloring to you-her hair was colored a brighter red with blondish highlights and it looked fabulous!

Will you be going to a salon or attempting to color your hair yourself? I'd recommend seeing a professional so they can decide and mix the best color combination for you and fix it if your hair looks too brassy or dull. I have a LOT of friends who go to blonde shades and it can sometimes take a while to get the color at the intensity you want! My hair is so dark I won't even attempt it and am happy with my extensions instead lol but definitely see a professional who can cool down or warm up your coloring if needed, I'm sure it will look great!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

thank. I'm so overwhelmed with the replies. I will be going to a pro. I just like to be 100% sure what I want/talking about when I go. Thanks for the compliment. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 33 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos8
  • 38899_1508775965073_6383675_n-1.jpg
  • swfupload_372375053786814998.jpg
  • swfupload_8840378343096502042.jpg
  • swfupload_8297182327135893448.jpg
  • 240_510003867450_5055_n 2.jpg
  • 122_507019867410_3622_n 2.jpg