Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

mascara for athletes

I am a fair skinned, blonde-haired, blue-eyed triathlete in need of a good mascara.  It doesn't seem to matter which brand I try, I still get raccoon eyes without even touching my face! Years ago Cover Girl made a three-day mascara that was fantastic - but it's been discontinued. I've tried Blinc (sp?) and the "tubes" slid off my lashes when I sweat. I liked Lorac Publicity Stunt, but can't find it on Sephora.com anymore.

I need something that will hold up in the water and intense exercise. Surely I'm not the only one who has this problem! Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions

Hola trigirl262,   First off, I love that you are sportin...

Hola trigirl262,

First off, I love that you are sporting a great look while exercising your physical talents - talk about looking great and feeling great!  Publicity Stunt from Lorac and Four Day Stay from Tarte are both out of mix as far as I know and yet there are a few others that I would recommend you try.  They are a few of our top reviewed and purchased waterproof mascaras.  Keep in mind that we at Sephora have a committed return policy - which means even if you use a product, we would gladly take it back with or without a receipt since we are committed to getting you another product that will work.

Give these a whirl:

Dior DiorShow Black Out Waterproof Mascara, $24.50.

Lancome DÉFINICILS WATERPROOF - High Definition Mascara, $25

Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Waterproof Mascara, $29.50

I would love to hear back from you.  Let me know what works best.  Best,  J

All Replies

Hola trigirl262,   First off, I love that you are sportin...

Hola trigirl262,

First off, I love that you are sporting a great look while exercising your physical talents - talk about looking great and feeling great!  Publicity Stunt from Lorac and Four Day Stay from Tarte are both out of mix as far as I know and yet there are a few others that I would recommend you try.  They are a few of our top reviewed and purchased waterproof mascaras.  Keep in mind that we at Sephora have a committed return policy - which means even if you use a product, we would gladly take it back with or without a receipt since we are committed to getting you another product that will work.

Give these a whirl:

Dior DiorShow Black Out Waterproof Mascara, $24.50.

Lancome DÉFINICILS WATERPROOF - High Definition Mascara, $25

Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Waterproof Mascara, $29.50

I would love to hear back from you.  Let me know what works best.  Best,  J

Re: Hola trigirl262,   First off, I love that you are sportin...

Thanks Jose. Tried the Givenchy. Loved the brush and will give it high marks in a review. Unfortunately, I'm sending it back - I had slight raccoon eyes after wearing it on a run. Came off easily with makeup remover, but had even bigger black marks when I woke up the next morning! But it doesn't smudge! I think I can get a sample of Lancome. Will have to keep looking. There was another post on here from Erik - might try Nars, too.

Hello,    I wanted to add on to Jose's already amazing su...

Hello, 

I wanted to add on to Jose's already amazing suggestions. Another mascara that I find that does not move and is technically water-resistant is the Nar's Larger Than LIfe Mascara. It has no much pigment and staying power that it is not going anywhere until you want it too! I know you will find the one you are looking for. =) 

-Erik 

Sephora PRO

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors