Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

inexpensive quality makeup?

im a teenager who loves makeup but is sorta on a low budget... but i dont wanna just buy low quality cheap stuff. can anyone suggest good relyable quality brands/ products that dont cost an arm and a leg?

Check out Sephora's own brand:  Sephora Collection. For t...

Check out Sephora's own brand:  Sephora Collection. For the price, the quality and variety of color is excellent.  Great brushes and brush sets as well.

Clinique has some great lip products.  Eyeshadows not so much. 

Quite a few things from Tarina Tarantino have been nice.  It might be a little more in price but great blushes. 

A good quality mascara can be found at any price point. 

You must try Sehora collection!    The end. :smileywink:...

You must try Sehora collection! 

The end. Smiley Wink

Gilbert S

Sephora PRO

Are you able to get GOSH cosmetics in the US? They have a...

Are you able to get GOSH cosmetics in the US? They have a lot of fun products. I also love Revlon and CoverGirl lipsticks. Marcelle and Almay are good brands as well. I buy a lot of high end cosmetics but still find a lot of stuff in drugstores. Try the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows (I have bronze, orange, and purple). These don't crease and are beautiful and buildable. Also try Fairytale, Darling, and Temptress in Covergirl lipstick and Rimmel Airy Fairy lipstick. That's a nice assortment of pinks, brights, and nude. Neutrogena Oil-Free eye makeup remover is the only remover I use and that's cheap. I've seen lots of nice coloured eyeshadow palettes at drugstores recently as well. I also recommend the new loreal kohl eyeliners. Love them!

A lot of good mascaras are drugstore brand: Maybelline an...

A lot of good mascaras are drugstore brand: Maybelline and Covergirl especially are featured in magazines everywhere.

I like the face stuff from Maybelline, and I like the eyeshadows and lip gloss from Covergirl. Revlon lipsticks are pretty classic. I have a soft spot for Physician's cute packaging and promise of good ingredients.

Personally I like experimenting but don't use make up enough to finish full size products, so Sephora have nice palletes on sale around holiday times. Also, my mom uses expensive skincare, so I subscribed to the mailing list and at least twice a year, they have giant gift-with-purchase with lipstick/eyeshadow/mascara/makeup remover/clutch and a couple other items. Clinique and Estee Lauder have great skincare and great GWP twice a year (Clinique's lip stuff is good while Estee Lauder's eyshadows are good).

Hello glitterandshine!   Have you considered NYX, e.l.f....

Hello glitterandshine!

Have you considered NYX, e.l.f. (eyes lips face) cosmetics, or coastal scents? They're quite popular among youtube makeup gurus (and drag queens!). While I would recommend e.l.f. for eyeshadows, I think NYX is better for lipsticks. You can buy their products online, or I believe e.l.f. is also sold at Target.

Hope this helps! I plan on buying some NYX & e.l.f., myself!

Re: Hello glitterandshine!   Have you considered NYX, e.l.f....

I also second NYX! I love the brand. My must haves from the brand (comparable to other higher quality products): matte blushes, jumbo eye sticks, eye primer, eye shadows!

Re: inexpensive quality makeup?

In your sephora store, there should be a sales section.. and they should have some foundations and stuff that range from $7-10 depending on where you are.. I bought a foundation there FOR $5!! You might want to check it out.

Loreal, Rimmel London and Milani all make really great products that work well and dont break the bank. I also heard great things about Flower Beauty and NYX.

I would go with Cinique. I wore it all through high school. They have a type to find your skin at any given time and though it might be more than you want to spend, you have to remember that quality makeup provides better coverage, therefore you will use less of it. I realized in college that I was spending just as much on Covergirl as I would on Clinique because I was using so much more. Good luck! Hope this helps.

14 Replies
Conversation Stats