Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

can i leave my waterproof mascara on for a few days/

It might last for a few days if you didn't take it off, b...

It might last for a few days if you didn't take it off, but it is always best to take off your makeup each night. Bacteria, pollution and dirt get on your skin and lashes and you want to wash all this off at the end of the day. I don't know of any actual research that proves your lashes will suffer if you don't remove your waterproof mascara, but I wouldn't try it. My lashes get more dried out when I use waterproof mascara everyday (I have to use conditioner to keep them supple) so I would think that it would be beneficial to have the mascara off for at least night time to give your lashes a rest.

Hello There,    I would not recommend leaving any make up...

Hello There, 

I would not recommend leaving any make up on your skin for more than 12 hours. I know Waterproof mascara can be a pain getting off but there are some great solutions to make it easy. Waterproof mascaras sometimes have alcohol to create the ability to stay on longer which could be a little rough on your lashes. Try Make Up For Ever Sens'Eyes. Its oil-free and takes off eye makeup in a sec. 

-Erik

Hi apply,   Prettyinpa is correct, I wouldn't recommend l...

Hi apply,

Prettyinpa is correct, I wouldn't recommend leaving a waterproof mascara on for a few days as it can be damaging to your lashes and hard on the sensitive skin around your eyes!  I would suggest using a lash stain if you really don't want to reapply mascara as often. To keep your skin and eyes bright and healthy, you definitely want to remove your makeup each and every night with a makeup remover and/or face wash. Try using a cleansing water if you want something quick and easy. My favorite is the Caudalie cleansing water which is full of healthy antioxidants to refresh and cleanse the skin.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

hi, apply!   since you're not a fan of removing mascaras,...

hi, apply!

since you're not a fan of removing mascaras, tarte makes a great on that will stay on for 4 days! it works pretty well and i was a total doubting thomas when i first saw it! but it pretty much does what it says and if sephora doesn't carry it, it's still on their website. hope this helps!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • Caudalie Cleansing Water.jpg