Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Order of titles (newcomer, beauty maven)

I'm wondering what the order of the various titles is. I'm a newcomer which is pretty self explanatory but the other ones seems kind of random. Which is the highest and how are they achieved.

What's the scoop?

Re: Order of titles (newcomer, beauty maven)

Omg how did you ever figured that out? Hahaha I can't believe it really worked! So far I thought it was basically about how long it's been since you've joined the community! But it seems like at some point you can only progress if you have a certain numbers of hearts? In this case 400 is the minimum you need to become a HOF after you've been a member for a while?

That's what happened to me too...I've been a member for awhile, but when I reached 400 i got HOF - notcreative pointed it out to me too Smiley Happy

We-ll-ll....technically I only have 399 hearts right now. Smiley Wink

Highlighted

I feel bad doing this, but I am an example that busts notcreative's theory.

I have been visiting this site for a little less than a year. I built my hearts up slowly over that time. I am currently at 570 hearts but no HOF title.

haha there is always an exception to the rule! Smiley Wink

Further busting....

Lari and kb both have oodles of hearts, posts and reviews and are still not HOF yet. Smiley Sad

We're the "forever doomed" hahaha. Just like Shiny was!

@kbmatthews

You're just too helpful.  I cannot figure out why Beautytalk penalizes people for getting to 400 hearts in less than 3 months.  Wouldn't that mean they're super awesome to be new and so well liked?  Go figure.  

Hopefully, you get bumped up soon.  We all know you and Lari deserve it.  

I am simply in awe right now.....

Interesting to read!! I was wondering how some people with less hearts than me had HOF status, but I definitely got more than 400 hearts in less than three months. Boo. 

@redwagon44

It is still a theory at this point, but for people who do not want to work forever to achieve it, I would suggest slow posting for the first few months.  For those who are helpful, witty, charming and/or likable, they do not stand of chance of not getting 400 hearts in less than three months with super active posting.

@heartsmyface

If I had the power kssweetheart writes about, you would get the first promotion to HOF!  We'll have a party when you finally cross over.

Trudging through with the determination to get my Masters. Sniffle, the long and slow way.  No one told me I wasn't supposed to be friendly right off the bat. 

@heartsmyface

Had I known sooner, I would have told you.  That would be so hard for you though, because you are friendly with everyone.  Who wouldn't love you!

I could've been mean and distant.

Or I could've lurked

@heartsmyface

This cat picture cracked me up, because I have always excelled with numbers.  English has never been my strong suit.  I think this was proven by the test that put me off the charts analytical and weak on the creative site.  Math is considered left brained (analytical), while English is considered right brained (creative).  My secret is I cannot spell.  I have spell check on, but spell check also changes words sometimes.  It is a lot of fun to read a word it changed.  What would be more fun would be to never discover the change whilst someone reading the post is seriously scratching his/her head.

Curse us for being friendly and helpful! Curse us all!

Wish I could heart this post several times! Smiley Happy

*Invader Zim ftw! Smiley Happy *

That's my favourite show! 

That also fits my theory.  I do not even have to look at kb and Lari, because I know them well.  They post a lot, and earned way more than 400 hearts in 3 months.  I am researching this for everyone but have yet to see an account that busts my theory.  

When multiple users take more than 3 months to get to 400 but do not hit HOF, that would be a possible theory buster.  A single one (which I have yet to see) could be an outlier or exception.  Since I have counted numerous people who get to 400 slower than 3 months hit HOF at 400, I am not ready to concede the theory yet.  Also, every one of you on this thread who did not hit HOF at 400 hearts got that amount in less than 3 months.  In my opening statement, I explained that I have not figured out the method for those who earn hearts fast.

The takeaway here is the super active and helpful users are penalized with a long time of lower titles.  If I see someone on the verge of 400 with less than 3 months of posting, I try not to assign what I call the death heart.  Death of early HOF.

Keep in mind that at this point I am *certain* of this theory, but it is only a theory.  

**The Death Heart** — BT goes Star Wars!

Me as well, I just got it at around 750 hearts! 

I made it around the 1000 heart mark give or take. I made rouge, 1000 hearts and HOF within days of each other. It was quite surreal. Smiley Happy

I was a little past the 1000 mark. I had been on BT for about 6 months and was pretty active, plus had plenty of product reviews. It seems completely random, honestly. I'd love to know the algorithm that goes into the whole thing.

33 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • kcs_cdfb382d.png
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • upload_653108761825968366.jpg