Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Old Hollywood Glamour Event Look

I'm getting prepared for an event, much like a ball, a couple month away, and I am determined to exude the classic, Old Hollywood elegance and glamour of Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn. I have a pretty extensive makeup collection, as I do theater makeup and fantasy looks for local photo shoots; but I'm curious what products you all would recommend, as I seldom do a totally matte look. I want to look like I stepped straight out of "Rear Window" or "Roman Holiday" or "Breakfast at Tiffany's" or any of those classic movies. What do you suggest?

Re: Old Hollywood Glamour Event Look

Sounds like great fun!  I'd go with a classic red lip (like NARS Shanghai Red) and a black liner (Bobbi Brown gel) which will stay on all night.  Lots of mascara, and not much on the face or cheeks....maybe a matte foundation like Urban Decay Naked Skin and a touch of blush on the apples of the cheeks (like Cocktail Peach from Dior)...

Highlighted

Re: Old Hollywood Glamour Event Look

Hi Lalagirl1995,

These are gorgeous looks and you have already received a number of great suggestions! I would definitely start with a good foundation because this look starts with perfect skin. My top choice is NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. This foundation looks very natural on the skin and photographs beautifully.

I would then go in and perfect the brows. Old Hollywood Glamour looks have a very strong, bold eyebrow. I would start with Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo and then I would go in and perfect everything with Anastasia's Perfect Brow Pencil. After that, I would set your brows with Anastasia's Clear Brow Gel.

For cheeks, I would go for a sheer, matte shade and then lips go as bold as you would like. Definitely line your lips with lip liner to give them a fuller look.

Best,
Ty
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos8
  • Audrey Hepburn.jpg
  • grace_kelly002_.jpg
  • Grace-Kelly-Beautiful.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 10.45.01 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 10.44.12 AM.png