Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Need help figuring out what product gave me this rash on my face!

I used a few different new samples within 46hrs & I don't know what did it but my skin has been having an allergic reacting all over my neck and face. My skin is SUPER dry it hurts and I'm getting these little white circles and my skin is getting bumpy and rough and peeling on my nose!

Can anyone help me? Which product do you think it could be??

I switched my face wash to Oil-Free Acne Wash from Neutrogena with Micro Cleansing Technology, it is a salicylic acid acne treatment. My boyfriend has been loving it but idk how I feel about it yet. Takes too much to wash my makeup off and it seems a little drying on my face and I'm concerned it may be a cause to this allergic reaction... could it be even though its #1 dermatologist recommended?

I also used Murad Environmental Shield. I used it a few days in a row then stopped when this reaction started occurring.

I also used Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil for a few days then also stopped after reaction.

I remember seeing the reaction start the day after I used BareMinerals Active Cell Renewal Night Serum. But I only used that once and the reaction got worse within 24hrs.

I stopped using them all. Hopefully this reaction goes down and I figure out what it was!

Highlighted

Re: Need help figuring out what product gave me this rash on my face!

Have you used anything with the salicylic acid in it before? That could absolutely be the cause.

Nope, I usually use hand made natural soap.

I don't know if it's the peeling gel either as that is primarily based from fruit acids and is more of a peel to remove the dead skin, not cause it to flake up more. I DO agree that it could be the cleanser especially since it is a salicylic base which can be totally drying to the skin and causing the flakiness.  Try a few days away from the neutrogena, OR just do a test run one by one adding the products back to your regimen and see how it goes. I hope this helps you!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I agree, I have very sensitive skin and I have to be VERY careful with salicylic acid. Especially since you mentioned peeling -- that raises a red flag for me. That would be my #1 guess. I've used samples of the Roth peeling gel twice and I did not find it to be irritating at all (to my surprise). Good luck!

Hi amynadinexo,

Honestly, it could be any of the items! The likely culprit sounds more to me like the Bare Minerals Night Serum or the Neutrogena wash- I've used a few of their cleansers and was left with nothing but super dry and flakey skin. Smiley Sad

The serum  is more hydrating and oil based so I don't believe it is that either.. Have you changed you makeup at all? or any different makeup removers, wipes or products?

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

The only other different thing I used lately is MUFE body and face waterproof foundation. (from my experience isn't really waterproof) but I don't think that could be the cause. Guess I'll give the face wash to my bf and throw out the rest of the active cell renewal serum, good thing it was just a sample! lol. I also started using Peter Thomas Roth Firmx Peeling Gel about 2 weeks ago. Used it 2-3 times a week. Could this also be a culprit ?

I agree to step away from the Neutrogena and add one product back at a time. I hope things get better for you soon.

Hmmm, my skin gets a little dry and flaky with too much salicylic acid, not allergic reaction. Even if everyone loves it, it may still be not right for you. Even tho Caudalie is suppose to be awesome, I got an allergic reaction from their serum/cream so I have to go back to my basic for a month to recover. It does not mean they are bad, just that my skin happens to hate them. If you sort the reviews by lowest to highest, there's bound to be some that are allergic to it for most products.

The rule of thumb is incorporate one product at a time, and use it for at least a week before changing/adding something new. Start by getting your skin back to normal, then try Murad for a week, then try argan oil for a week, then try BM serum for a week, then try the cleanser for a week.

thanks! unfortunately I learn things the hard way :/ but speaking of Caudalie, what serum/cream did you use? I just remembered I used their vine expert firming serum. I didn't use it on my forehead and that's the only place that doesn't really have the reaction. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors