Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Mascara Smudge Problems

Hello! I have tried MANY mascaras - Dior Blackout, Benefit they're real, Bare minerals voluminousness mascara, Lancome Hypnoses Star, MAC plush lash... ETC. I am looking for a mascara that will NOT smudge, I often get black lines on my eyes just below my brows from my mascara, it is awful.

Can you recommend a few mascaras for no smudges and doll like, plush lashes? thanks!

Re: Mascara Smudge Problems

I hate smudges too! Smiley Sad

I use benefit they're real and they never smudge on me, unless I cry really hard Smiley Wink

Aweseom!! Thank you!

I generally have the same problem but have been loving Guerlain Maxi Lash

Ever try Maybelline Lots of Lashes? Smiley Wink

no! will have to try, great value i have heard - especially on the falsies

One of the biggest tips I have is to look partially down for a good minute or two after you've applied your mascara- that allows the formula time to set without smudging.

In all of the mascaras you did not mention any waterproof mascaras... That would be my first recommendation. I love Diorshow waterproof. But, do you use an eyelid primer? Even if you aren't wearing eyeshadow, you could still wear a primer and that just helps me since i have very oily eyelids, it keeps everything mattified so I don't get smudgy. Nars smudgeproof eyeshadow base is seriously the best one on the market.

waterproof mascara helps & making sure your lid is not oily (certain moisturizers/concealers make smudging WAY worse for me if I use them). I agree with kd006 about trying a primer

Highlighted

Try this, do your eyes, the last thing...use waterproof clear mascara as a sealer over your regular mascara...Sephora use to sell a sealer just for your smudge problem.

Today, for this reason- I asked on this advice board, what was the best clear mascara and why, never got an answer of any brand...

Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos3
  • Plastic Spoon trick.jpg
  • 0f38db36951c631d98ce5415328e0487.jpg
  • swfupload_624024941701397510.jpg