Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Long-Term Teeth Whitener?

Hi everyone! Does anyone have suggestions for long-term teeth whitener? I've tried various toothpastes (Colgate, Aquafresh, Arm & Hammer, Crest...) and haven't seen drastic results. I've used Rembrandt toothpaste, which whitened but made my teeth sensitive after a few days of use. I've also tried Rembrandt whitening strips and they worked but my teeth didn't stay white very long, and repeated use again made my teeth sensitive. My teeth just aren't naturally super white, even though I don't consume coffee or other staining drinks/foods regularly. Any suggestions for a whitening product that would have long-term results or that can be used safely on a regular basis? Thanks! Smiley Happy

Spoiler

Re: Long-Term Teeth Whitener?

So you use the strips everyday?

I mean, I don't mind a little discomfort, but I've always been told that long-term use and sensitivity could mean that you're damaging your teeth and/or gums.

Yes, you put them on for one hour a day for 14 days (I'm like on day 8). After that you just use regular whitening tooth paste to maintain them and I hear some people do "touch ups" from time to time with additional strips. From what I read they are safe to use and don't wear down your enamel. So far so good. You could always try it for a few days and return it if it doesn't work for you. 

There are also tons of reviews on youtube if you want to check them out. Perhaps you'll stumble on something you like.

Highlighted

I've done those strips and a few other brands before and the sensitivity isn't bad. I agree, they definitely whitened my teeth. The problem is that the whiteness doesn't last very long at all, maybe a couple of weeks max and then the results are gone. And you're right, they're safe if you're only using them for the directed time! Smiley Happy

Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors