Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Live Q&A with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville

Lights, camera, action! Learn the secrets to A-list skincare with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville. Visit this thread on June 24 from 12-2pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the two brand founders. Ask a skincare question and find out how to get your best summer skin—instantly.

12 - 1pm: Chat with Ole Henriksen

1 - 2pm: Chat with Kate Somerville 

Click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Q&A with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville

Hi Ms. Somerville! I've used your products for over 5 years and used to get monthly facials at your Melrose Clinic, until my little one arrived, it because difficult to come in. Kimberly was my go to girl and was amazing Smiley Happy 

My skin has been breaking out like crazy, mainly along my jawline and cheeks and I am breaking out daily and have a significant amount of discoloration. Can you please let me know what products (cleanser, toner, moisturizer, serum, spf)  I should be using? I am still nursing my little one. 

Hi Kate!

I have heard so many amazing things about Exfolikate! Can you please tell me why it is so great and how often I should use it? Thank you! 

ExfoliKate will change your skin in 2 minutes! What makes ExfoliKate unique is it offers both physical exfoliation (with microbeads) and enzymatic/chemical exfoliation (with Fruit Enzymes). The smooth, round microbeads lift dead skin cells, and the Fruit Enzymes (Papaya, Pumpkin and Pineapple) dissolve the dead skin cells. Use it in the shower, so the steam activates the enzymes. No need to scrub, simply smooth it on for 30 seconds and let it sit for up to 2 minutes. Your skin will be soft, smooth and radiant! Use ExfoliKate 2-3 times a week. 

Hi Kate! Smiley Happy I have been breaking out on my entire face for the first time in years! (Just when I thought I was done with acne :/) I now have bumpy skin on my forehead due to small little pimples with no white or black head and for the first time ever I have quite large pimples/bumpy skin on my jawline but more specifically next to my mouth area. They are just big and it feels like there's a "ball" underneath my skin. Any idea why this may have occurred given that I have not changed a single thing in my skincare routine and stay hydrated? Also do you have any recommendations? (Hope this is not too long)

Hi there! Acne is so frustrating, and I understand what you're going through! Make sure to exfoliate regularly and switch up your active ingredients. When you're dealing with acne, a variety of actives like Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide and Phtyic/Lactic and Glycolic Acids all help to keep skin clear. Use a cleanser like my Detox Daily Cleanser, Exfoliate 2-3 times a week with ExfoliKate Acne Clearing Exfoliating Treatment. Spot treat the larger nodules with EradiKate Acne Treatment for the first three days of a blemish to reduce inflammation. For the larger surfaces like your forehead try HydraClear Hydrating Acne Gel if your skin is dry or Anti Bac Acne Clearing Lotion if your skin is oily. Look for hydrating ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid to keep skin balanced. Also, be sure to factor in lifestyle changes! Consistently healthy eating is important when you're battling blemishes! 

Once again, I cannot say how excited I am for this dual-brand chat! Two of my favorite lines!!! ^_^

Dear Kate, with your background of working within doctor offices and a clinical environment to now owning your own establishment, do you still draw heavily from your past or are new products and launches more so based on you going out on your own to really instill your brand as its own individual name?

I love the excitement! Thank you for joining us! Some of my most popular products were my first - like ExfoliKate! All of my products are clinic developed, tested and proven, so the Clinic is an integral part of my skincare line. I look for the most advanced ingredients and work with chemists to create formulas that will produce real results to the challenges I see in my Clinic every day. 

Thank you so much for the response, Kate! My medicine cabinet is literally stocked with your products and Ole's, they pair up so well and I'm a big fan of hyaluronic acid and I love that your line utilizes that ingredient in a big way! I can't wait to see what else you launch!

My boyfriend also stands by your brand too, this Mother's Day he gifted his mom and sister (who's a mommy of two) with your Clinic Solutions kits! Smiley Very Happy

It seems like it's really hard to find good skincare products for sensetive skin with a lot of pimples. Also, all the skincare products for sensetive skin also seems to just fit girls with dry skin, and my skin is combinated. Do you have any ideas of what kind of products I should seach for?

My products are all about balance. The first thing I recommend is regular exfoliation! From your description, I recommend my Clinic-To-Go Resurfacing Peel Pads. Use these twice a week - they will help to gently dissolve dead skin cells while also diminishing pores and brightening skin. Regular exfoliation is key to keeping skin clear. I also recommend a product like HydraClear Hydrating Acne Gel that will hydrate skin while helping to clear blemishes. All skin types need proper hydration! 

I HAVE REALLY OILY SKIN ESPECIALLY MY NOSE AND FOREHEAD. I HAVE TRIED A FEW THINGS BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK I'M GIVING UPSmiley Sad FOUNDATION HELPS A LITTLE BUT THERE'S SOME DAYS I DON'T FEEL LIKE WEARING ANYTHING ON MY FACE AND THAT'S WHEN IT GETS SUPPER OILY. I HAVE TO REPEATEDLY CLEAN MY FACE WITH SOMETHING.. PLEASE HELP

Hi there, don't give up! I have a few recommendations that produce great results! Make sure you are exfoliating regularly, 2-3 times a week. Use a cleanser like my Purify Clarifying Cleanser - it contains Salicylic Acid and it's perfect for oily skin! I also love my Anti Bac Clearing Lotion - it helps balance oil production and will help mattify skin throughout the day. Make sure you are still hydrating and moisturizing! Even oily skin needs proper hydration, and over-drying skin will just exacerbate oil production. I love recommending the combination of my Quench Oil Free Hydrating Face Serum and Oil Free Moisturizer. 

Hi Kate!

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to be here to answer our questions! Smiley Happy

I have some old acne scars (the indented types), and I've been using D-Scar since November 2013, twice a day as instructed. I have seen improvement in my scars. My question is regarding the longevity of the results from using the D-Scar serum. Are the results permanent? Or is it meant to be used consistently in order to maintain results, like a wrinkle cream or moisturizer?

Looking forward to hearing your response. Smiley Happy

Thank you, I love being here! Great Question! These results are permanent, so your old scars will not begin to reappear. If you are still seeing benefits, continue using it! I also recommend using a product like RetAsphere 2-in-1 Retinol Night Cream 2-3 times a week to even skin texture. 

Thank you for your answer and recommendations. I will definitely try the RetAsphere cream as you suggested!

Kate,  I love your products.  Im in my mid-30's.  I have normal-dry skin and dark spots are becoming visible.  I don't have a lot of time as I am a working mom of small children.  Can you give me a simple routine with minimal products that will exfoliate my skin, give me a glow and minimize the dark spots? Thank you for giving us the opportunity to chat with you today.   Mariza

The core of my skincare routine is simple - Exfoliate, Hydrate, Moisturize + SPF! I recommend ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment (use twice a week), DermalQuench Liquid Lift Advanced Wrinkle Treatment (AM & PM), Age Arrest Anti-Wrinkle Cream (AM & PM) and Daily Deflector Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF (AM)! The combination of these products will produce more even, healthy, glowing, radiant skin! 

Hi Ole, can you explain your new neck creme more...is it strong for sensitive skin and what regimen you would recommend with it?

Hello, Kate!

I'm such a huge fan of your Oil Free Moisturizer along with the original Exfolikate! I'm wondering what I can use now to even out my skin tone and add radiance? I'm in my early 20's, African American (Kerry Washington and I have a similar skin tone) and I have some darker post acne marks and hyperpigmentation that I would like to fade.

Thank you! 

Great to hear! First of all, SPF is a must, no matter what! Use an SPF of at least 30 - I recommend my Daily Deflector Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ PA+++ - it's lightweight, does not leave white residue and contains anti-aging and mositurizing benefits! Regular exfoliation will help, so it's great that you are already using ExfoliKate! I also recommend DermalQuench Liquid Lift Advanced Wrinkle Treatment - it helps to even skin tone and increase radiance while offering deep hydration. I also recommend a spot treatment like my Complexion Correction Spot Reducing Concentrate for dark spots. 

Thank you both for your answers, I'll totally search for your products, but I got one question for Ole regarding the Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil, since I have extremely oily skin, would it make it even oilier and cause my skin to break out? or will it just hydrate my skin ?

Hello Kate! I enjoy your ExfoliKate products and was wondering what else you would recommend to help make my laugh lines look less prominent? Thanks!

That's wonderful! Thank you for the feedback! I absolutely recommend DermalQuench Liquid Lift Advanced Wrinkle Treatment - it produces both immediate and long term results, helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, improves radiance and providing deep hydration. It's also extremely lightweight, oil-free and can be easily incorporated into your regimen. Use it immediately after cleansing. I never leave home without DermalQuench and it's amazing during travel when skin is dry! 

Kate, what do you suggest for a 24 year old with an oily t-zone, cystic acne that has let to scaring, and fair sensitive skin? I've even found that trying to combat my oily t-zone with oil-free products, I end up with dry peeling skin. I want beautiful skin! This all has to be accomplished on a college kid budget! Suggestions? 

hello Kate! my mom has always had a red face, even if she is inside it always has a red blush to it. Its not a medical condition she's always had it. I was wondering what products she can use to control it? Also, whenever she applies a certain brand of foundation it sometimes cracks on her nose, and later on the make up appears a little oily, what do you recommend for her problems? Thank you so much for your time and help!

Yesi

143 Replies
Photos1
  • 7_Skincare_6.24.jpg