Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Kate Somerville and DERMAdoctor!

01182016_BeautyTalk_Jan-Skincare.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you all for participating! 

The women we trust most with our skin are making an appearance on BeautyTalk! Visit this thread on January 13 from 12 to 2 pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with brand founders Kate Somerville and Dr. Audrey Kunin of DERMADoctor. Ask them anything—from how to target signs of aging to tips on choosing the skincare routine that’s right for you.

Kate Somerville: 12–1 pm PST
DERMAdoctor: 1–2 pm PST

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Kate Somerville and DERMAdoctor!

Do any of your products have growth factors?

Thank you

Hi KimberlyKeno! Yes, my product D-Scar has S7 polypeptide which is a human growth hormone that reduces the appearance of scars. D-Scar is a class II medical device that is regulated by the FDA and has been deemed safe to use for scarring. xo, Kate

http://www.sephora.com/d-scar-scar-diminishing-serum-P377368?

I don't have any scaring.  Is that the only product?

Thank you

Hi Kate,

Thank you so much for chatting with us today 🙂

I'm 29 and currently 30 weeks pregnant. Over the past few weeks I've noticed my skin changing and that acne that haunted me as a teen returning with a vengeance on my cheeks. I'm trying not to use anything too harsh on my skin but I want that beautiful pregnancy glow that everyone talks about not the horrible skin from my teens.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hi StyleLynn, congratulations on your pregnancy! For the expectant mothers I see at my clinic I always recommend a great product called Hydraclear. It is an acne moisturizer with .5% salicylic acid that will help treat breakouts while keeping the skin hydrated and glowy, but you should always check with your physician before trying new products. xo, Kate

http://www.sephora.com/hydraclear-hydrating-acne-gel-P385429?

Will Exfolikate be reformulated due to the new laws? If so, how much longer can we buy the current version?

Hi notcreative, great question! Yes, ExfoliKate is being reformulated to comply with new regulations and will be available in 2017. xo, Kate

Yes! Very interested as well to hear what the plans are with Exfolikate now that the microbeads are being restricted! I live in MI, where microbeads have been a MAJOR issue in the Great Lakes. I love Exfolikate, but stopped using it once I found out it contained these. Are there plans to re-formulate with a different manual exfoliant?

testing