Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Live Chat with Kat Von D!

This thread is now closed.

A message from Kat Von D: 

Man!  THANK YOU SO MUCH for spending time with me and asking awesome questions!  Had such a blast chatting it up with you!  Time flew by WAY too fast!!!

Lets do this again soon!
xo,
KvD

Want to ask Kat Von D how she gets her flawless finish? Visit this thread on August 30 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with tattoo artist and makeup guru Kat Von D. Ask her anything—from facts about her new high-pigment Lock-It Tattoo foundation to her favorite application tips.

Be sure to subscribe to this post to receive an email when Kat answers one of your questions. To sign up, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

Learn more about Kat Von D> http://seph.me/OVWZ0A

Accepted Solutions

Re: Right Now: Live Chat with Kat Von D!

Hi Kat Smiley Happy I'm your big fan Smiley Happy I know you by Miami Ink Smiley Wink How did you get to tattooing? Smiley Happy You were so young... you were 14!!Smiley Happy I really like you work in High Voltage Tattoo Smiley Happy ..Whats happened with LA Ink? Smiley Happy Is it only another name? Smiley Happy thank for answer Smiley Happy xoxo Alice

All Replies

New Book

Kat,

I LOVE your make up, unfortunately i live in England and can't get hold of it. Hopefully you'll have it over here soon!!

I heard you're writing another book, I was wondering if it was a sequel to the Tattoo Chronicles or a different style of book? Looking forward to reading it, and when are you hoping to have it out by?

Chloe. x

Re: New Book

Chloe2605 wrote:

Kat,

I LOVE your make up, unfortunately i live in England and can't get hold of it. Hopefully you'll have it over here soon!!

I heard you're writing another book, I was wondering if it was a sequel to the Tattoo Chronicles or a different style of book? Looking forward to reading it, and when are you hoping to have it out by?

Chloe. x

YES!  i was just going through layout edits right before i signed on - its called: "Go Big or Go Home'  and although i ahvent talked about it much - its basically a compilation of my rants on subjects based on Fear - and how much of a mentally generated figment of our imagination it is.  Oh yeah - theres a lotta pretty tattoos too Smiley Wink

make a vampira pallet!!!!!!!! yes

nikkiLL wrote:

make a vampira pallet!!!!!!!! yes

YOURE A GENIUS!

which is ur fave palette? i like the ludwig one gues what we have a beethoven strret in my city

Kat! When does your new book hit stores?! I'm so psyched for it...I would love lots of pictures of pretty Piaf  por favor <3

MacGruber42 wrote:

Kat! When does your new book hit stores?! I'm so psyched for it...I would love lots of pictures of pretty Piaf  por favor <3

FALL 2013  world wide - and yep - ill be doing another international book tour!  cant wait to see everyone out there!

LONG LIVE BOOKWORMS!

Hello Kat,

I love your art and make up. I'm hispanic, and have never been able to find a foundation to match my skin color. I always have to cake on powder to make my own color. Any advice? Also your eye lines is awesome, what brand do you use?

Hey Kat! I have your tattoo chronicles palette and I loved the eyelashes that were included in it. Sadly mine are now missing. I was wondering if you will be puttin out a line of eyelashes.

void wrote:
Hey Kat! I have your tattoo chronicles palette and I loved the eyelashes that were included in it. Sadly mine are now missing. I was wondering if you will be puttin out a line of eyelashes.

there has definitely been much talk about falsies amongst the developemt team at sephora... Smiley Wink

I'm a boy and don't wear make up though you're make up line and make-up is always beautiful.

You're an inspiration 

Any chance of any other products? Like moisturisers, shampoon&conditioner and other such products?

with love from the UK xx

Hey Kat Smiley Happy! Your foundation always looks so great and your formula is wonderful. For now I don´t have tattoo, but in a few months maybe I got one, hopefully by you Smiley Happy.I just got your liquid eyeliner and it´s great. I have an another question for you. If I have blue eye, what eye colors would you suggest? You are amazing and inspire me in art so much Smiley Happy

Hi Kat! I am your absolute biggest fan. I've watched every single episode of your show, I own all of your books, and you have even inspired me to start drawing a few years back! I sketch every day and I find myself getting better and better. You are incredible and my inspiration. Not only because you are so beautiful and talented, but because of the obstacles you have overcome in your life. You are so strong and so inspiring.

Anyways, I was curious if you would be adding nail polish to your collection? 

PS I am absolutely OBSESSED with my Lolita lipstick.

Great job on all your stuff, I love everything!

ATriglia1995 wrote:

Hi Kat! I am your absolute biggest fan. I've watched every single episode of your show, I own all of your books, and you have even inspired me to start drawing a few years back! I sketch every day and I find myself getting better and better. You are incredible and my inspiration. Not only because you are so beautiful and talented, but because of the obstacles you have overcome in your life. You are so strong and so inspiring.

Anyways, I was curious if you would be adding nail polish to your collection? 

PS I am absolutely OBSESSED with my Lolita lipstick.

Great job on all your stuff, I love everything!

Lolita is my go to dusty rose shade... so pretty and sweet - glad you like it too!

Painted Love Lipstick in Lolita: http://seph.me/NEX1o3

Hey neighbor! (i live on N. La Brea)

Wondering if you have any makeup tips for hot weather?

KAT VON D BRONZER?

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CONTOUR BRONZING POWDER? HAS IT BEEN DISCONTINUED? WILL YOU BE RE-LAUNCHING ANY NEW ONES? I LOVE TO CONTOUR MY FACE<3

You're such an inspirational and beautiful person! But being in the Uk it's so difficult to get hold of your range, ever thought of expanding overseas?xo

AbbyGleave wrote:

You're such an inspirational and beautiful person! But being in the Uk it's so difficult to get hold of your range, ever thought of expanding overseas?xo

you are the millionth Uk-er to ask that - and i must say it pains me that sephora doesnt ship to you guys because theres no sence in depriving such a rad country from such great products... dont worry i will continue to nag them about it!!!!  until then, come visit me in LA!  theres a sephora down the street from my shop! Smiley Wink

I'll be on the next plane out! I'll be sure to pop in and say hi on the way to pick up your range from Sephora ;D xo

Highlighted

i would love to wear a piaf palette Smiley Happy which is ur fave?

I know this is a silly question but do movies give you inspiration for names/colors? perhaps.. The English Patient? Xo

allrisegold wrote:

I know this is a silly question but do movies give you inspiration for names/colors? perhaps.. The English Patient? Xo

oh how i love the English Patient...  that entire movie is a beautiful poem...  

FOR THE HEART IS AN ORGAN OF FIRE....

i love ur saint perfume babe so much

Hi Kat! My name is Jennifer I was on your show season 5 and got a clock tower tattooed by Corey. I just wanted to compliment you on your success! I am too a freelance makeup artist and absolutely love your makeup line. 

spitfirejen wrote:

Hi Kat! My name is Jennifer I was on your show season 5 and got a clock tower tattooed by Corey. I just wanted to compliment you on your success! I am too a freelance makeup artist and absolutely love your makeup line. 

AWESOME!!!  lucky gal - corey is brilliant!