Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Live Chat with Kat Von D!

This thread is now closed.

A message from Kat Von D: 

Man!  THANK YOU SO MUCH for spending time with me and asking awesome questions!  Had such a blast chatting it up with you!  Time flew by WAY too fast!!!

Lets do this again soon!
xo,
KvD

Want to ask Kat Von D how she gets her flawless finish? Visit this thread on August 30 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with tattoo artist and makeup guru Kat Von D. Ask her anything—from facts about her new high-pigment Lock-It Tattoo foundation to her favorite application tips.

Be sure to subscribe to this post to receive an email when Kat answers one of your questions. To sign up, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

Learn more about Kat Von D> http://seph.me/OVWZ0A

Accepted Solutions

Re: Right Now: Live Chat with Kat Von D!

Hi Kat Smiley Happy I'm your big fan Smiley Happy I know you by Miami Ink Smiley Wink How did you get to tattooing? Smiley Happy You were so young... you were 14!!Smiley Happy I really like you work in High Voltage Tattoo Smiley Happy ..Whats happened with LA Ink? Smiley Happy Is it only another name? Smiley Happy thank for answer Smiley Happy xoxo Alice

All Replies

Hi Katherine!

Which one of your palettes do you think is the best for a beginner to create a classic smokey eye?

Love from Latvia! <3

MsEaglette wrote:

Hi Katherine!

Which one of your palettes do you think is the best for a beginner to create a classic smokey eye?

Love from Latvia! <3

The two first palettes i ever created were LUdwig and Beethoven palettes - they are still my two faves !

Hi Kat!
I recently just bought the sinner and saint eye pallets can you give me some advice on what colors to apply? I'm very new at it so in still learning! And I'm into the rocker look! And do you plan on making a gel liner?

will u create more kvd palettes?

TinaVonDizer wrote:

will u create more kvd palettes?

of course!

What inspired you to make the shade shifter eyeshadows? 

Primer

Hi Kat, do you use a primer?  If so, how do you use it?  I put mine on and then I apply foundation and it always come off in little particles that end up in my hairline and I end up having to use tissue to wipe it off my face.  How do I prevent this?  Can you help me out on this?

do you realise how many people you inspire?

you really are amazing

How does your foundation work in hot weather - 105F ? Any tips how to make it last all day without shining? 

pollycampbell wrote:

do you realise how many people you inspire?

you really are amazing

Im still waiting to one day wake up and realize this was all a dream... i wonder if people realize how much they in turn inspire me....  

which colours u like/use most on ur eyes?and which palette is ur fave?

How fun is it to create new fragrances?  What are your favorite scents (flowers, spices, etc)? And any new ones coming out soon? I love Poetica, but my all time fave is Sinner!!!

golleegee wrote:

How fun is it to create new fragrances?  What are your favorite scents (flowers, spices, etc)? And any new ones coming out soon? I love Poetica, but my all time fave is Sinner!!!

Vanilla is like AC/DC - nobody hates AC/DC.

was it hard for you to start your own makeup line, or it came naturally like another form of art?

Is it possible for you to make your range avaliable in the UK?

I know you've been here in the UK recently too see your man, Scroobius Pip Smiley Wink . what an awesome guy he is. 

But will you be back in the UK soon? any signings planned for the near future? 

Hi Kat! I'm a HUGE fan! You're the most beautiful person I have ever seen! I was wondering if yowere going to or are interested in stanaming on nail polish!?

Just want you to know ho much of an inspiration you are for me, thank you! Love from Newcastle, UK xo

The new shade shifter eyeshadows are wonderful. Are you going to be including more single shadows in the future and also have you ever thought of doing Holiday collections (mainly halloween..think of bats haha) ?

Kat!

I've met you twice in Vancouver (at your booksigning and at Sephora). I'm a huge fan!!

Whats the best way to go about gtting tattoo'd by you!?

And what makeup do you always have in your purse?

Are you going to do nail polish!?

ATriglia1995 wrote:

Are you going to do nail polish!?

I would love to!  right now we released only four shades for the Mi Vida Loca Collection... but would love to expand!

HI Kat........ who in the entertainment world do you think rocks the best make up right now? Actress.... Models.... Musicians.... anyone Smiley Very Happy x

Highlighted

How often do you top your lipstick up throughout the day? x

Hey Katherine! I have admired you for years! How do you get your perfect cat eye liner lines so similar on both eyes? Do you follow any guidelines?

And also, I feel like it is my only chance for you to read this. Could you please tell us when can we wait for the new The Tattoo Chronicles film and the third book?

Love from Latvia, Kristine <3

lipstick or lipgloss?