Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Live Chat with Kat Von D!

This thread is now closed.

A message from Kat Von D: 

Man!  THANK YOU SO MUCH for spending time with me and asking awesome questions!  Had such a blast chatting it up with you!  Time flew by WAY too fast!!!

Lets do this again soon!
xo,
KvD

Want to ask Kat Von D how she gets her flawless finish? Visit this thread on August 30 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with tattoo artist and makeup guru Kat Von D. Ask her anything—from facts about her new high-pigment Lock-It Tattoo foundation to her favorite application tips.

Be sure to subscribe to this post to receive an email when Kat answers one of your questions. To sign up, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

Learn more about Kat Von D> http://seph.me/OVWZ0A

Accepted Solutions

Re: Right Now: Live Chat with Kat Von D!

Hi Kat Smiley Happy I'm your big fan Smiley Happy I know you by Miami Ink Smiley Wink How did you get to tattooing? Smiley Happy You were so young... you were 14!!Smiley Happy I really like you work in High Voltage Tattoo Smiley Happy ..Whats happened with LA Ink? Smiley Happy Is it only another name? Smiley Happy thank for answer Smiley Happy xoxo Alice

All Replies

Hey Kat Smiley Happy I am terribly at eye makeup application like eyeshadow and eyeliner. Any tips or pointers? 

How do you achieve a flawless foundation finish? x

Will you please make some BLUSHES for your makeup line?? Smiley Very Happy

Hi Kat! I am a huge fan, and I love your clothing line, tattooing skills and of course, your Make-up! How is Piaf?? Do you prefer your lip stick or liquid lipstick?? Smiley Happy

hey kat

i dont know whether any one has ever done this but, in a way it does has something to do with make up. I am only 15 so i cannot and am not allowed a tattoo yet. But i cannot wait to get one done, hopefully by you. I think it would be amazing if you designed the stick on tattoos that you just add water to which will make it stick on your skin. I think it would be a cool idea but i was wondering have you ever thought of it and would you ever consider it hearing this idea? I love you kat von d, you inspire me in art so much!! 

Thankyou if you reply x

Would you ever recommend laser tattoo removal, or would you purely stick to using cover up on regrettable tats?

Who inspired you to get into makeup as a teenager? (Siouxsie Sioux's eye makeup for example)

Hi Kat, just wanted to thank you SO MUCH for the lock-it foundation! Up until now, I used your tattoo concealer as a foundation (which worked wonderfully well), but this new product is absolute heaven!  Please don't stop creating! I love EVERYTHING!!! Love you, Darlene xoxoxo

Hello Kat, how are you? I'm Alfredo from Naples, Italy!

Do you like Italy? Have you ever been in Italy?

I'm a big fan. I really like the series LA Ink. You are always very nice!

I've always wanted tattooed an eagle with broken wings, black and white, which is the dream that I could not achieve.

Do you think it's a nice tattoo?

How do you keep your hair so healthy after dying it?

What is your skin care routine? 

How do you get such a perfect eyeliner? I've tried different eyeliners, different brands, different techniques, different everything! How do you do it so perfectly?

which colours you like/use most on your eyes?

Hi Kat, I'm Mandy. I love your line and I'm a big fan of yours. i was wondering, how to do you apply your foundation? like  what brushes do you use and do you have any tips?

Love,

Mandy Smiley Happy

Hey Kat, big fan! 

This isn't a makeup related question however. 

Do you prefer tattooing portraits or most traditional-like tattoos?

Hi Kat!

Your hair looks great!

Which hair care products do you use? Smiley Happy

Greetings from Europe!!

Hey Kat, 

Will you be selling your line in the UK I'm desperate for it to be on sale over here! are there any plans for it to happen? 

Afternoon Lovely,

I have problems getting an even coverage (my skin tone is really uneven and super pale) without it looking like I've caked it on!

Also I never seem to be able to find the right shade of foundation/concealer for my skin tone, Have you any tips?

Love from England

Lorraine xx

Hey Kat! I am a huge fan, tried to meet you twice at High Voltage but missed you both times by minutes! LOL I think you are gorgeous and your makeup line feels like it was made just for me! Any tips for a perfect cat eye or winged liner look?
Thank you so much for being here today to answer questions!

What do you do first when doing your winged eyeliner, the tick or over the lash line?

which is your fave nailcolour?

Right Now: Live Chat with Kat Von D!

Kat, I have never seen a blemish on your face! What is your secret? Also what products (if any) do you use for your hair?

What do you set your foundation with an do you use a powder or liquid to contour?

Highlighted

Hello Kat, Jade from the UK here. Had to work out the time when you were gonna be on. (:

This may have been asked but Out of all your make-up what is your favourite?

do u found inspiartion for ur make up in music?