Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Live Chat with Kat Von D

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation! If your question did not get answered, Kat will do her best to post more responses as she can.

Kat's message to her fans:

"OMG!  

I cant believe an hour went by so fast!!  This was so cool! I hope Sephora will let me do this again so i can chat with you guys again!!!    

Just wanted to send you all a BIG THANK YOU for making the time to connect with me, and im sorry i couldnt answer all the questions - I swear i was typing as fast as i possibly could (with the least amount of spelling errors!)  

Con Amor,

Kat Von D"

See it here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Live-Chat-with-Kat-Von-D/m-p/309743#M1154

Whether it’s her namesake cosmetics collection, TV stardom, or tattoos, Kat Von D’s edgy-glam attitude attracts a lot of intrigue.  Visit this thread on March 15 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the woman behind the beauty brand. It’s your turn to ask her expert advice on anything—from inspiration to favorite tips.

Be sure to "subscribe" to this post to be notified via email when Kat answers your question. To subscribe to a post, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

Learn more about Kat Von D> http://seph.me/xcCczC

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Hey Kat my name is mary i was just wondering why you canceled your show? i really like it and i wish it was still on.

Also what kinda cover up should i use so it doesnt make me break out.

Hi Kat, I love your makeup line, but was wondering what kind of hair products you use?

Hi Kat, I'm here again to ask: Who do you prefer shade of lipstick for fair skin? I'm sorry if I'm bothering, but it is an honor to speak directly to you! xoxo

Hey Miss Kat,

What is the most memorable piece of ink that you ever did for someone?

Also,

What is your favorite make-up brand & product from them?

do u want to use more fan names on ur palettes??do u like the los angeles design palette i've send u??love ya babe

How can you always keep your face and your makeup so perfect? Does it ever go all over your face when it's raining or something? Smiley Surprised

Hi Kat -  What products do you use on your hair to get it so shiney?  Thanks.

Hey KAT are releasing more fragances???

Hey Kat!!

You should really think about touring around the U.S. I would love to come see you!  My question for you is how do you keep your hair looking so perfect and voluminous?  I mean I always see it looking so gorgeous.  Tell us your secret Smiley Happy

How is it that you do a live beauty talk in support of a beauty product line and pull it off without any negative connotations to this being superficially annoying.?  Perhaps it is how you stress more of the highlighting of the path-ways to connectivity, the compromising portal between you and the world,  such as the eyes & mouth, which directly relates to the somebody who has highlighted so much of herself on her outer most layers.  What kind of make up is Sephora hiding that gives & highlights such authenticity and strength.  I know you are hiding it somewhere, don't hold out on all of us. Smiley Wink

On that note, I really enjoy the company Sephora from my older sister's security your products have subtly boosted.  That said, Kat, what highlights you the most when style and make up are not enough on bad me days?

Hey Kat! I wanna dye my hair a fun color for summer but can't decide.  What's your opinion between light pink, purple or teal? 

Hi kat.

I was wondering what foundation brand you wear and what shade are you?

Because I wear your concealer tattoo in sand and i think thats the one you wear too!

BTW, you have amazing flawless skin. Thank you,

Hello Kat!

Do you have a favorite lipgloss?

I'm 16, Looking to get a tattoo. Where is the best place on the body to get it, I don't want it to stretch when when im older?

OMG I can't believe this I know you probably want get to answer my questions but it is an honor just to know that I was actually able to ask you a question... First I love you so much and just wanted to know how did you first know that you wanted to be a tattoo artist & what is your favorite type of tattoo to do?? I want to let you know that I know you hear this alot but me & my husband are your BIGGEST fans ever & we really want to get a tattoo done by you.

BY THE WAY DID I MENTION THAT WE LOOOVVVVEEEE YOUSmiley Very Happy

I WOULD LOVE IF I COULD TALK TO YOU EVERYDAY

HI KAT IM LIKE YOUR1111 FAN I HAVE ALL YOUR BOOKS YOUR THE BEST I WISH I WOULD GET A TATTOO FROM YOU OF MY NIECE THAT PAST AWAY IN OCTOBER BUT LIKE ALLWAYS MONEY IS THE ONE THAT RULES I JUST WANTED TO TELL THANK GOD YOU GOT OUT OF DRIKING AND KEEP IT UP GIRL YOUR UP THERE WHY DONT YOU MAKE LIKE A FREE TATTOO CONTEST  I MIT WIN LOL LOVE YOU YOUE 1 FAN MERCEDES

Not sure who decides the colors and textures in your palettes, but I love the varieties. I have a problem with fallout from glitter though with my high cheekbones. Any tips on how to avoid looking like a 4th of July sparkler? I get made fun of by the male EMT's I work with for this sometimes (in fun...I think ;-). Thanks!

Also, could you be the one to invent the non-undereye-pooling waterproof mascara?! Please?!?!?! 

Much love,

Cat Very Happy

EYE SHADOW - Hi Kat, how do you keep your eye shadow from creasing or wearing off?

Hi Kat... What cheek products do you reccommend using when you have quite dramatic eyes AND something like a red lip? I wouldn't want to leave them bare completely regarding blush.. but don't want to end up looking like a clown!

From Poppy xxx

Hi Kat.

I love you work everytime I see your makeup it inspires me. Smiley Very Happy

I want to know when your going to do a video Q&A?

That would be so amazing if you did.

Rock on <3

Highlighted

Hi Kat! How do you know how to apply eyeshadow so well? Your eyeshadow always looks amazing!!!  I have your saint pallet, but i dont know where to place the different colors on my lid. Please Help!!!!

Hello Kat (:

What tips would you have makeup and beauty-wise for pale or very fair skinned people?

thanks, Kari <3

hola quisiera saber a que edad fue tu primer tatuaje?

How do you come up with all those crazy product names??

Hi Kat... What cheek products do you reccommend using when you have quite dramatic eyes AND something like a red lip? I wouldn't want to leave them bare completely regarding blush or contouring.. but don't want to end up looking like a clown! Advice or tips please?! Smiley Very Happy

Love your makeup line Smiley Happy

From Poppy, London xxx