Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Live Chat with Kat Von D

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation! If your question did not get answered, Kat will do her best to post more responses as she can.

 

Kat's message to her fans:

"OMG!  

 

I cant believe an hour went by so fast!!  This was so cool! I hope Sephora will let me do this again so i can chat with you guys again!!!    

 

Just wanted to send you all a BIG THANK YOU for making the time to connect with me, and im sorry i couldnt answer all the questions - I swear i was typing as fast as i possibly could (with the least amount of spelling errors!)  

 

Con Amor,

 

Kat Von D"

 

See it here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Live-Chat-with-Kat-Von-D/m-p/309743#M1154

 

 

 

Whether it’s her namesake cosmetics collection, TV stardom, or tattoos, Kat Von D’s edgy-glam attitude attracts a lot of intrigue.  Visit this thread on March 15 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the woman behind the beauty brand. It’s your turn to ask her expert advice on anything—from inspiration to favorite tips.

 

Be sure to "subscribe" to this post to be notified via email when Kat answers your question. To subscribe to a post, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

 

Learn more about Kat Von D> http://seph.me/xcCczC

 

 

 

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Hey Kat,

     You have such gorgeous skin, and so much awesome make-up in your line. What brand of foundation/powder do you normally use since you don't have a foundation in your line as of yet? You always look so flawless!

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D


pamelaashley wrote:

Hey Kat,

     You have such gorgeous skin, and so much awesome make-up in your line. What brand of foundation/powder do you normally use since you don't have a foundation in your line as of yet? You always look so flawless!


Why Thank you!!!

I actually use the Tattoo Concealer in Medium for my foundation!  a little bit goes a long way.! xo

Highlighted

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Hello Kat!

 

I was wondering how you kept your hair so beautiful and healthy looking after so many colours. Do you use synthetic hair pieces or have a secret tip?  By the way: I just wanted to let you know you are a fashion and art icon to me, and I hope I can meet you in june at the Portland Sephora! 

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D


ellysagloom wrote:

Hello Kat!

 

I was wondering how you kept your hair so beautiful and healthy looking after so many colours. Do you use synthetic hair pieces or have a secret tip?  By the way: I just wanted to let you know you are a fashion and art icon to me, and I hope I can meet you in june at the Portland Sephora! 


Funny little fun fact:  I shaved my head about twoyears or so ago,  for this documentary i was filming - so for the entire last season of the TV show, i was actually wearing wigs the entire time until my hair grew back long enough... so all those wild colors were actually wigs that i had dyed. 

 

See you in PORTLAND!!

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

I have used the Kat Von D Tattoo concealer, and because of how dark my tattoo's are, it will not cover them, do you have any other suggestions?

 

 

Courtney

Austin, Tx

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Hey Kat,


I noticed the autograph eyeliner in Puro Amor has been discontinued?
Can you please bring that colour, it's the only eyeliner I find that works best for me, I have used the tattoo eyeliner which is great but I prefer the autograph eyeliner.

Love all your products.

Thanks!
-Sid

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D


siddiqa wrote:

Hey Kat,


I noticed the autograph eyeliner in Puro Amor has been discontinued?
Can you please bring that colour, it's the only eyeliner I find that works best for me, I have used the tattoo eyeliner which is great but I prefer the autograph eyeliner.

Love all your products.

Thanks!
-Sid


I second that!!  <3

 

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D


siddiqa wrote:

Hey Kat,


I noticed the autograph eyeliner in Puro Amor has been discontinued?
Can you please bring that colour, it's the only eyeliner I find that works best for me, I have used the tattoo eyeliner which is great but I prefer the autograph eyeliner.

Love all your products.

Thanks!
-Sid


I agree!  you should tell Sephora!  Smiley Wink

 

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Kat, I love your personal style! I am obsessed with your makeup line as well as your clothing line.  Any chance of a more affordable clothing line for those of us on a budget? It would be amazing to get to wear your makeup line with your clothing line!

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D


katiek777 wrote:

Kat, I love your personal style! I am obsessed with your makeup line as well as your clothing line.  Any chance of a more affordable clothing line for those of us on a budget? It would be amazing to get to wear your makeup line with your clothing line!


Have you checked out the KvD line?  (Its on katvondlosangeles.com, you just have to click on the "KvD" logo)  Its the diffusion line that is a totally different price bracket!  I wanted to make sure everyone could be able to enjoy the lines!  Hope you dig it!  xo!

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Hey Kat! I have a big blackhead on the center of my nose, all the junk is out of it and now there is a big hole left and I hate it! What can I do to get rid of it or cover it up? BTW you are super gorgeous and I love you!! xoxo

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Howdy,

 

I love your eyeshadow pallate. However, I never use eyeshadows up before the expiration date. Do you have any tips or tricks for making eyeshadow pallate last longer? or favorite way to sanitize them?

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

How do you do a smokey eye without making it look like a racoon under your eye? You seem to always have dark make up under your eye but it never looks like too much or like a racoon! you are amazing by the way <3

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Hi Kat... What do you think goes best with a deep red lip? I want to wear it in the daytime but sometimes it looks too over the top!

ps..you're beautiful!

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D


poppyadams wrote:

Hi Kat... What do you think goes best with a deep red lip? I want to wear it in the daytime but sometimes it looks too over the top!

ps..you're beautiful!


I find the same challenge - on days where i know ill want to wear red lipstick i usually lay off the deeper eyeshadow shades, and use more neutral shimmery shades... but so i dont lose my eyes all-together, I usually compliment a red lip with black winged liner, and a sweet set of falsies!  xo!

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

I love your eyemakeup pretty much always. Any pointers on how to do it correctly? I always look like a goth Mimi (from Drew Carey) whenever I try to do a smokey eye.

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D


lowrah wrote:

I love your eyemakeup pretty much always. Any pointers on how to do it correctly? I always look like a goth Mimi (from Drew Carey) whenever I try to do a smokey eye.


If ever you get a moment , you should check out the makeup tutorials i did with Sephora - you may like the looks i set up!

 

xo!

 

Mi Vida Loca Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn7fczBKYKg&feature=relmfu 

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Did you name any your product for your cat Piaf? ps:he's the cutest cat ever! Xo

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Hi Kat,

 

What's your favourite look that would compliment brown eyes and hair? What colours would you use? How would you use them? Could you give an example of a daytime/nighttime look? Natural/dramatic look? A look with Orange lips??? lol, Thanks! And I love your new colourful palette - LOVE colours.

 

All the best,

 

From Up North

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D


rosefilou wrote:

Hi Kat,

 

What's your favourite look that would compliment brown eyes and hair? What colours would you use? How would you use them? Could you give an example of a daytime/nighttime look? Natural/dramatic look? A look with Orange lips??? lol, Thanks! And I love your new colourful palette - LOVE colours.

 

All the best,

 

From Up North


Thank you! I love the Mi Vida Loca palette too! I think my Saint palette would be perfect for beauties with brown eyes and brown hair.

 

This tutorial would be awesome for a daytime look:

 

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbqORR5eqVc&feature=plcp&context=C42308d0VDvjVQa1PpcFO8FnwE-zpzGKNOgA...

 

xo!

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

why have you been penning the extra star by your eye in lately?

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D


ph0en1xr1s1ng wrote:

why have you been penning the extra star by your eye in lately?


you noticed!  I actually started doing that once i released the Tattoo Liner!

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Your tattoo eyeliner is the best I've ever used, and I've tried them all!  I have trouble getting that perfect sweep at the outer edge, any suggestions? Love you, Darlene....

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Kat Von D, you are by far my favorite celebrity!  You are such a beautiful woman!  My daughter and I loved your show and your exceptional tattoos.  We especially love your make-up and perfume.  Your lipsticks are the best I have ever tried.  I was wondering why the Adora perfume was discontinued and if there are plans to bring it back.

 

On a personal note, you are truly an inspiration to me.  I have dealt with a very difficult past and I wondered how you manage to handle so much in your life, between your shop, makeup collections, clothing line and books and still be so unbelievably successful.  What advice can you give to someone who tries to balance positive and negative in their life and how to do it effectively?

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

What does your vanity where you put on makeup at home look like?

1 Reply