Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

**This thread is now closed. Thank you for your participation!**

 

Betsey's message to her fans:

THANK YOU GUYS FOR CHATTIN WITH ME - BEAUTIFUL INSIDE IS BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE WITH THE HELP OF SEPHORA!!! I LOVE YOU ALL TOO....HAPPY TRAILS!

 

XOX BETSEY

 

 

______________________________

From her whimsical designs to her energetic runway, Betsey Johnson is the reigning queen of playful fashion. Visit this thread on April 24 between 12-1 pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the legendary fashion designer-turned-beauty maven. It’s your chance to ask Betsey’s advice on anything—from her Sephora by OPI nail polish line to her tips on turning the perfect cartwheel.

Subscribe to this post to receive an email notification when Betsey answers one of your questions. To sign up, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

 

Shop Betsey Johnson on Sephora.com> http://seph.me/IjZsKV

 

Photo Credit: Shannon Sinclair

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


CidStyleFile wrote:

Betsey,  I am excited about your reality show with your daughter Lulu....what made you decide to do this? xox Cid

Spoiler
 

Doesn't everyone want a reality show now! hah! 

Betsey + Lulu is super exciting because Lulu and I are in it TOGETHER but SEPARATELY! 

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Betsey,

 

You are obviously as fabulous they get and my favorite inspiration! I love that I can always find the perfect party dress from you!  I've always wondered if there is a particular reason your favorite color is pink?! Also, any suggestions for dreamers out there, on how to keep positive, when so many want to tear you down or discourage you?

 

Thank you Betsey!!!

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


typicalswell wrote:

Betsey,

 

You are obviously as fabulous they get and my favorite inspiration! I love that I can always find the perfect party dress from you!  I've always wondered if there is a particular reason your favorite color is pink?! Also, any suggestions for dreamers out there, on how to keep positive, when so many want to tear you down or discourage you?

 

Thank you Betsey!!!


Pink is me because I grew up dancing and my FAVORITE costumes were my pink ballerina dresses, pink toe shoes, pink leotards, and pink ballerina life! And it just makes me HAPPY!!

As for your second question - you just gotta keep your blinders on and your ear plugs in....you are unique!!

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Betsey, what makeup styles do you suggest to match your wonderfully quirky clothing and acessories? 

 

-Teri

 

thebeautybomb.blogspot.com

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


thebeautybomb wrote:

Betsey, what makeup styles do you suggest to match your wonderfully quirky clothing and acessories? 

 

-Teri

 

thebeautybomb.blogspot.com


Heavy duty broadway showgirl makeup! If you think your wearing too much, put on more ! haha!

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Hi Betsey

How do you maintain your energy??

LucyMoose x

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


LucyMoose wrote:

Hi Betsey

How do you maintain your energy??

LucyMoose x


If your in this business you hafta dream it up when it aint there and underneath im a pretty positive person! Its only when I leave NYC that i realize how shot i am! Smiley Happy

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

llove your lingerie! <3

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

not a question but just wanted to say thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer our questions. you really are an inspiration. your work is so amazing & unique just like you. we are all so grateful that you are so close to your fans through chats like these & through twitter & tumblr & all other social media. the thing you said about confidence will stick with me for the rest of my life. if Betsy Johnson is sometimes unsure of herself then i'm not crazy for being a little shaky myself from time to time. & that's ok as long as i don't let it hold me back from my dreams!  

thanks again betsey, your a doll!!!  

<3 angel

x's&o's 

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

whats one your your favorite beauty products at sephora?Smiley Happy

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


marissameow94 wrote:

whats one your your favorite beauty products at sephora?Smiley Happy


My #TOOTOO fragrance of course!!

It all starts with a smell and a smile Smiley Wink

 

 

 

Shop It! http://seph.me/I7bx7p

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

thankyou so much for replying <3 btw love the new swimsuits !

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Betsey, you are my FAVORITE design and have been since i was 13.  Smiley Happy  I love that your designs are fun, innovative, and always put together.  My favorite collection you've done is the betsey tea party...my question is, have you ever considered re-releasing a collection?

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


klb4122 wrote:

Betsey, you are my FAVORITE design and have been since i was 13.  Smiley Happy  I love that your designs are fun, innovative, and always put together.  My favorite collection you've done is the betsey tea party...my question is, have you ever considered re-releasing a collection?


I do that all the time! I stick to what I love - I love most of all reviving my vintage which I do every once in a while

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Hi Betsey! What was your daily routine like when you were 25? What has impacted you the most in life?

 

Love you dearly!!!

 

Frommypinklips.blogspot.com

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


typicalswell wrote:

Hi Betsey! What was your daily routine like when you were 25? What has impacted you the most in life?

 

Love you dearly!!!

 

Frommypinklips.blogspot.com


I can't remember lunch yesterday! Hah but really blood sweat and tears at my first job designing at Paraphernalia

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

You are too funny! Fabulous, thanks for taking the time to talk to all of us!

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Betey, do you think a lady is ever to old to wear tulle or a poofy skirt? I'm in my 40's but still love the style! lol

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


TalkingWithTami wrote:

Betey, do you think a lady is ever to old to wear tulle or a poofy skirt? I'm in my 40's but still love the style! lol


NEVER NEVER NEVER - your only as old as you feel and its all about your spirit anyway!

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Betsey,

I have been a Betsey girl since I found you on Newbury Street in
Boston in the 80's. ($20 basket was my best friend!)  I'm wearing SOMETHING Betsey everyday....and now NAIL POLISH!! I often joke that I need to start a Betsey lovers support group Smiley Wink

My question is about your hair extensions....I had surgery a few years back and my hair has never come back quite right.  I've been wearing wigs and hairpieces, but I love your unapologetic extensions.   Are they human or synthetic hair? and how are they attached....they look bonded??? 

 

Also, a huge Debbie Harry fan...have you ever designed for her? 

 

LOVE!!!!

Carrie

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


scarriegirl wrote:

Betsey,

I have been a Betsey girl since I found you on Newbury Street in
Boston in the 80's. ($20 basket was my best friend!)  I'm wearing SOMETHING Betsey everyday....and now NAIL POLISH!! I often joke that I need to start a Betsey lovers support group Smiley Wink

My question is about your hair extensions....I had surgery a few years back and my hair has never come back quite right.  I've been wearing wigs and hairpieces, but I love your unapologetic extensions.   Are they human or synthetic hair? and how are they attached....they look bonded??? 

 

Also, a huge Debbie Harry fan...have you ever designed for her? 

 

LOVE!!!!

Carrie


Ive been with Andrew my hair dresser from London for 18 years now doing my extentions...theyra monofilament plastic - will never frizz, will never curl - it takes 12 hours to take em out, dye my roots, blow dry my actual hair stright and tie them in - each little chuink of extensions is tied onto my own hair, wrapped around and heat sealed (as the plastic melts)...i love my hair to look fake!

Not specifically but I know Debbie shopped in my stores, bought and wore my stuff!

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Thank you so much for answering our questions so sweetly Smiley Happy I absolutely love your personality and designs!

Highlighted

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

THANK YOU GUYS FOR CHATTIN WITH ME - BEAUTIFUL INSIDE IS BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE WITH THE HELP OF SEPHORA!!! I LOVE YOU ALL TOO....HAPPY TRAILS!

 

XOX BETSEY

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Betsey.jpg
  • stove pipe hat