Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

**This thread is now closed. Thank you for your participation!**

 

Betsey's message to her fans:

THANK YOU GUYS FOR CHATTIN WITH ME - BEAUTIFUL INSIDE IS BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE WITH THE HELP OF SEPHORA!!! I LOVE YOU ALL TOO....HAPPY TRAILS!

 

XOX BETSEY

 

 

______________________________

From her whimsical designs to her energetic runway, Betsey Johnson is the reigning queen of playful fashion. Visit this thread on April 24 between 12-1 pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the legendary fashion designer-turned-beauty maven. It’s your chance to ask Betsey’s advice on anything—from her Sephora by OPI nail polish line to her tips on turning the perfect cartwheel.

Subscribe to this post to receive an email notification when Betsey answers one of your questions. To sign up, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

 

Shop Betsey Johnson on Sephora.com> http://seph.me/IjZsKV

 

Photo Credit: Shannon Sinclair

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

you're so happy all the time but everyone has bad days. what's your "bad day corrector"? 

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


angelxmary wrote:

you're so happy all the time but everyone has bad days. what's your "bad day corrector"? 


Hanging with my gran kiddos always makes a bad day, a good day!!

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Hi Betsey! I rarely wear makeup but this summer I want to jazz up my look by doing so more often. What is an easy tip to for something quick everyday with fun colors?

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


BrittLuvRDS wrote:

Hi Betsey! I rarely wear makeup but this summer I want to jazz up my look by doing so more often. What is an easy tip to for something quick everyday with fun colors?


Obvious eyelashes are the first MUST! a heavy duty stash pf a variety of lipstick colors - orange, hot pink, red purple AND try kickin in neon - buck up little camper and BE FEARLESS~!

Highlighted

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Are there any upcoming collaborations that you can hint to us about??

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Hi Betsey, what shade of lipstick do you wear? Love you, finally got to meet you at NYFW afterparty! 

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


TalkingWithTami wrote:

Hi Betsey, what shade of lipstick do you wear? Love you, finally got to meet you at NYFW afterparty! 


My very own shade of red - like perfume, lipstick changes on everyone and i couldnt find my blu eblood scarlett red so I had it made AND one of these days I am dreaming of doing the world of betsey cosmetics!

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Awh too Pinktastic Betsey!!! Thank you for responding! xoxo

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

is there one piece or collection you've done that your most proud of? 

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


angelxmary wrote:

is there one piece or collection you've done that your most proud of? 


My first 1965 collection! very pure, very unknowingly influential and timeless! 

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Hello, Betsey! Smiley Happy

I really need your help! :3 On the 24th of May I have my high school prom and I don't know what dress to choose taking into consideration that I really want to wear a stove pipe hat ( English is not my mother tongue and I don't know if this is the right word to name this type of hat, so I put a picture instead Smiley Very Happy)

What would you suggest? Smiley Happy

xoxo,

Aniri

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


Aniri7 wrote:

Hello, Betsey! Smiley Happy

I really need your help! :3 On the 24th of May I have my high school prom and I don't know what dress to choose taking into consideration that I really want to wear a stove pipe hat ( English is not my mother tongue and I don't know if this is the right word to name this type of hat, so I put a picture instead Smiley Very Happy)

What would you suggest? Smiley Happy

xoxo,

Aniri


Hmm go TOPHAT and tails! Substitute the tails for a tutu - very cabaret-esque try my PRIMA BALLARINA BLACK STRAPLESS DRESS!

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Thank you! Smiley Happy

xoxo

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

What advice do you have for upcoming college grads who want to work in the fashion industry? What serves as your motivation to keep going?

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


smilingchica04 wrote:

What advice do you have for upcoming college grads who want to work in the fashion industry? What serves as your motivation to keep going?


INTERN INTERN INTERN FOR ME ME ME!

As for motivation - mine is that i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Would love it!! Let me know if you need a marketing intern!! 

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Hi lovely!

You have been such an inspiration of mine. You always seem so happy and give off the vibe of not careing about what others think, which is a great! My question is, when people try to bash you as a person or your style, has it ever gotten to you? My second question is, how can someone with low self esteam become as confident as you are?

 

xoxo,

Megan

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


MeganSunshine wrote:

Hi lovely!

You have been such an inspiration of mine. You always seem so happy and give off the vibe of not careing about what others think, which is a great! My question is, when people try to bash you as a person or your style, has it ever gotten to you? My second question is, how can someone with low self esteam become as confident as you are?

 

xoxo,

Megan


To answer your first question - ya but not really....you just gotta put your blinders on and go full speed ahead!

To answer your second question - confident, ME !? I keep going to keep getting my confidence back! I'm only as good as my last sale! hah Smiley Happy

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

What does Betsey Johnson look for within a intern? xoxo

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


Becstasy wrote:

What does Betsey Johnson look for within a intern? xoxo


That they are focused on me and learn from everything going on everyday in every category of the business!!

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Betsey,

 

What is your favorite color from your nail polish collection?

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


nguyenlynh92 wrote:

Betsey,

 

What is your favorite color from your nail polish collection?


Definitely the #TOOTOO scented "It's my pink" nail color

 

 

Shop It! http://seph.me/IdbucP

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

With all the wonderful things you do, how do you maintain balance? Is it difficult to seperate home life and work life?

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson


Barnaclelove wrote:

With all the wonderful things you do, how do you maintain balance? Is it difficult to seperate home life and work life?


YES! IT IS! My grandkids keep me cool and balanced - they are the perfect happy balance to my crazy hard job!

Re: Now Open! Live Chat with Betsey Johnson

Betsey,  I am excited about your reality show with your daughter Lulu....what made you decide to do this? xox Cid

Spoiler
 
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Betsey.jpg
  • stove pipe hat