Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

I would like to order the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation online but I don't know my shade. How could I figure this out without having to go the store?

Hi Lenyyx,    What color do you currently wear and what t...

Hi Lenyyx, 

What color do you currently wear and what type/brand of foundation? This will help us to determine the best shade for you. Thanks!

Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Re: Hi Lenyyx,    What color do you currently wear and what t...

I currently don't wear any foundation. I wear the Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm in Cream Glow.
I have a medium complexion that is on the darker side.
I don't want anything that will make me look yellow.
I have dark brown eyes and black hair, don't know if that helps.

Re: Hi Lenyyx,    What color do you currently wear and what t...

Hello Diana, I currently wear Nars Sheer Glow in New Orleans, MUFE HD in 178. I can't decide from the online swatches which is the best match for me.

It will be hard to match based on online swatches. If you...

It will be hard to match based on online swatches. If you cannot make it to a store and get color matched, you could call a store. Tell them what your shade is in another foundation and they can give you a good estimate. Otherwise your best bet is to go into a store and be color matched to some shade of foundation. Even if the store isn't in your area, if they have Kat Von D in their store they will have an actually visual of the foundation to better color match with other foundations over the phone.

Re: It will be hard to match based on online swatches. If you...

I finally just gave in and guessed and luckily I guessed right. Got the foundation yesterday and it looks perfect. But thanks for the help.

The current Kat Von D Lock It Foundation sample on Sephor...

The current Kat Von D Lock It Foundation sample on Sephora is in shade Light 48... if you are purchasing online, def pick this as a sample then judge your desired shade based on lighter or deeper/darker in comparison with the online swatches. I did this and ordered Medium 54...very pleased with the result. Lock It Foundation provides medium-heavy matte coverage so keep in mind if this is what you are looking for in a foundation...good coverage that blends into the jawline = matching your foundation shade with mid-deepest color of your skin without foundation/makeup.

XOXO

Re: Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

I would also like to get my shade for that foundation .  Currently I use Mac Studio FX in NC35.  Would love to try Kat VOn D foundation without going to the store and just ordering online.

Thanks

Cynthia

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors