Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

I bought some make-up that gives me a natural glow and shine... I thought it looked good?

I bought a mineral make-up that is supposed to support my natural glow. (I have an oily t-zone and combo skin, so making anything look matte is a full time job!) I figured hey let's embrace my natural glow and oilyness, because some dry people would go nuts for it!

I bought a setting spray and it just seemed to look very natural. My pores look smaller. I've had quite a bit of compliments. But today I go to work and the girls asked me "Is your make-up wet? Are you sweating? You look so oily!"

Of course now I am self concious and sitting here feeling blah.

What's your take on shiny face?!

Thanks! xoxo

Re: I bought some make-up that gives me a natural glow and shine... I thought it looked good?

Combo or oily skin do NOT embrace shine very well!  I can't stand it.  Our body naturally produces enough shine, so sticking with a matte finish actually lessens that slick look.  When I'm not wearing Lancome's Dual Finish foundation, I use Tarte's Finishing Powder on top of my foundation--be it Perfectly Real or Teinte Idole.  Shine?  Dewey?  Yuck!

Re: I bought some make-up that gives me a natural glow and shine... I thought it looked good?

Jenny, I guess my issue is that I can't find a make-up that will give me a matte look without it giving me a dry look. I can't find a make-up that gives me the matte look without breaking out.

This stuff seems to help with the dryness and the break-outs and like I said even lessens my porey look... but apperantly makes me look shiny. Which I don't want either.

Seems like I can't win! Haha.. boo! :]

Thanks for your input and thoughts!

My HGs for my oily forehead are Rimmel's Stay Matte powder in translucent, which is cheap and ridiculously amazing (terrible packaging though):
And face blotting tissues... any kind will do I guess, but I feel like the most effective ones for me are Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets:

I have a super oily forehead, but between my tinted moisturizer, Stila setting powder, UD setting spray, the Rimmel powder, and then, later in the day, the oil absorbing sheets, I literally don't have to carry any extra make up in my bag to touch up during a full work day.

Since my forehead is naturally really oily, I still end up with 'dewy' sheen at some point during the afternoon, before I use the blotting tissues, but it never looks slick.

I agree with krunce on the oil absorbing sheets.  Sometimes I find if I continually apply powder to absorb the oil throughtout the day, by the end of the day I am a big cakey mess.  The sheets remove without adding more product.

There's definitely a difference in a "glowing" complexion and an "oily complexion" If your the slightest bit oily like you stay I would definitely try to mattify to look a little more normal. I've never like the look of an oily face.

Highlighted

I don't think it looks super oily though hmm.  If this image works you can see. 

But ok, I will try to mattify more Smiley Happy

@liveinlovexx-Couldn't see your picture.Smiley Sad

I have normal to dry skin (its dry right now) but I do use a powder to set my liquid foundations and Tm/BB creams because a lot of them make me look shiny all over and once I set with powder my makeup stays put all day. I SWEAR by Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder. I'm using the natural shade right now and am on my 3rd compact of this. I've never liked a drugstore face item before this powder. It truly makes my skin look sooo good and sets my makeup perfectly. I use the transparent shade if I want a translucent powder, or the natural shade if I want a bit more coverage. SOOO good. And $3.99 at Target.

As far as setting makeup i think a powder is your best bet. It will control the oil. It's a great choice for anyone who has oily skin. And for dry skin a spray is the way to go. Powder will emphasize dry spots.

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos3
  • swfupload_4200246621939415332.jpg
  • swfupload_8442400795187815068.jpg
  • swfupload_8923070588604226566.jpg