Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Help with contouring extremely pale skin

I'm looking for a bronzer and a highlighter to try contouring my face, but the last time I tried a bronzer (Benefit's Hoola), it looked AWFUL. Maybe I used too heavy of a hand, but it just looked so fake and strange on my pale face. To get an idea of my how pale I am, I use shade 42 in Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo Foundation and Siberia in Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. I want to try contouring again because although I love the Kat Von D founation, it makes my face a little too flat and I want to look healthy instead of sickly, LOL.

Is there a specific type of bronzer I should look for? One with a certain undertone? Also can someone recommend a good highlighter? I'd prefer one in a powder formula, not a cream highlighter.

Re: Help with contouring extremely pale skin

Try Urban Decay's silica based HD powder Razor Sharp (you an unscrew the cap/puff part) as it contains encapsulated water molecules.

For a non HD powder with a translucent finish, Stila's Hydrating Finishing powder relies on shea butter to condition skin.

For something with color and can even double as a sheer powder foundation, Smashbox's HALO powder also contains encapsulated water molecules. It's one of my favorite powders! The compact contains about 3-4 times the amount of powder in a pressed compact.

Ooohhh I am gonna check those out on Thursday! ill let you know how I make out.

Because the UD one is a HD based powder, a tiny bit goes a long way and is more of a finishing powder rather than a touch up one as well.

Too Faced's Absolutely Invisible powder is a pressed, compact powder that's another option too, it's enriched with vitamins, minerals, and sea-based botanicals to nourish skin and it's very finely milled so it's weightless on skin!

Highlighted

The Milk Chocolate one looks like it would work best for what I want! I'm going into the store tomorrow for the VIB event and I'm going to look crazy swatching like 10 different bronzers, haha! Thanks so much for the suggestions!

No prob, it smells DELISH too, just like chocolate....but no calories Smiley Tongue

I'm pretty light skinned too, I'm 44 in KVD lock it tattoo foundation and porcelaine I in lancome dual finish.

I love benefit dallas as bronzer, it works as countour or all over. Its not shimmery, glittery or orange, the perfect natural looking sun kissed tan. LOVE. Been through 2 boxes already. Right now I'm using benefit hoola, with a very light hand I can get the countour I want and it doesnt look too dark/muddy so long as I use very little and blend properly. Because I am so pale right now, adding that touch of color makes all the difference. And it brings out my cheekbones, and if you use blush and highlighter along with a good bronzer, they really pop out!

I'm also just about as pale as they come (I'm a 0.5 in UD Naked Skin Foundation...their lightest shade!) For bronzer, I've been happy with Benefit's 10 Highlighting/Contouring duo. It comes in a square box like Hoola and it has a shimmery highlight and a flat bronzer. The bronzer is very subtle and looks great on my fair skin.

Make sure you're using the right tools - a fluffy powder brush like a MAC 150 will give you a nice, healthy glow without putting too much product in any one place. 

Totally forgot about that boxed powder, good call!

Have you tried Too Faced Chocolate Soleil? I've been using this bronzer for a couple months now and it adds just enough color to look healthy and sun-kissed.

I also wear NARS Siberia- high five for the rediculously pale! Smiley Happy Benefit Hoola does tend to have a muddy look for me too, I can make it pass-able with a very light hand, but I just find its too brown for me. I think something with a touch of pink/reddish color works a little better on my skin tone. For matte bronzer, I like Bare Minerals Faux Tan (use a light hand for this one too). Or, if I want a little shimmer I like Benefit 10 or Stila's One Step Bronze (this is cream/liquid, but absolutely STUNNING in my opinion!).

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • swfupload_5648405889862907804.jpg
  • swfupload_6190563903563547368.jpg
  • swfupload_480383546390472165.jpg
  • swfupload_8690290721823612263.jpg
  • swfupload_5590616980506161171.jpg
  • swfupload_861365831882438991.jpg
  • swfupload_3625809041297817468.jpg