Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Help for my mothers skin!

My mom is in her mid-40's, young looking with a few wrinkles and visible pores. Her issue is that she has very oily skin and her face & eye makeup doesn't even last an hour for her. I need some suggestions on what products she can use so that her foundation & eyeshadow can last her throughout the day. Powder settles into her fines lines, making her look older. Shes tried a ton of different products yet none seem to work Smiley Sad Help!

Re: Help for my mothers skin!

What exactly has she used in the past and what is she using now?

Shes used too faced eyeshadow primer, as well as lancome Tient Miracle foundation and makeup forever HD foundation. Right now shes using laura geller Anti-aging foundation. As far as her skin care routine she uses olay moisture sunscreen for combination/oily skin & their night fortifying moisture cream.

I second Beautylovingirl in wanting to know what she has tried that hasn't worked for her and what skincare/foundation she's using now.

To start off, I definitely recommend primers for both problems.  My favorite eye primer is Too Faced Shadow Insurance though many people swear by Urban Decay's Primer Potion (they have a new anti-aging formula too.)

My favorite face primer is Clarins Instant Smooth.  It fills in lines and pores and is great for both mature and oily skin types.

I just replied what she uses to Beautylovingirl. I will tell her about clarins instant smooth primer. I've heard that product is really good for mature and oily skin. Thank you!

Highlighted

She needs to be using something to combat the oiliness yet something that will also help in anti-aging as well. For skin care I would suggest she look at the Bosica Black line. It will help with anti-aging as well the pores. The whole line is already put together in a routine. Another one she could look at would be the Algenist line. All products are self explanatory and simple to use. I also suggest she look at the Algenist Muti-perfecting Pore corrector gel moisturizer and also a primer from Algenist that would be perfect to apply before her foundation. As far as foundation I would suggest she look at Kat Von D's foundation and follow with the MUFE HD powder to set. Hope this helps!

I have used Murad Oil Control Mattifier and it works great to help control oiliness.  Also try using an oil-free primer.  I had quit using translucent powders because they settled in my fine lines around my eyes.  Then I found Make Up Forever High Definition Powder. I apply with a large brush avoiding the eye area.  I also use Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and it helps keep my shadows from sliding off.

It seems that there are not a lot of anti-aging cosmetics that also help with oil control or I just haven't found them yet.  So, I would look for a skincare line (cleanser, toner, lotion) that combats oiliness then add anti-aging serums and eye creams.  I'm still looking for a great serum and eye cream.  I'm not ready to commit shelling out the big bucks unless I know it's really going to work.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors