Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Eye cream for stubborn dark circles?

I have been trying several high end eye creams that are supposed to help diminish dark circles but nothing has helped so far. The ones I have tried are:

Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm

Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue

Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream

Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Treatment

I have sensitive oily skin and fragrances tend to break me out. My dark circles are so awful they look like I have two black eyes. I believe they are hereditary and I'm beginning to lose hope in ever getting them to go away. I'm only 23 years old and I don't want to go through the rest of my life looking like a zombie! Please help a frustrated girl out!

Re: Eye cream for stubborn dark circles?

There's only so much one can do for dark circles, because yes, you are right, a big part is herediaty.

How long did you use each eye cream? Normally for any treatment or skin care based product results begin to show at the 4 week mark and improve at the 8-12 week point.

I would vote giving the PTR Power K another chance as it is rich in vitamin K and kojic acid, both which help on a cellular level with dark circles.

Lylysa is right there's not a whole lot that can be done to correct those dark circles, genetics deal us a bad hand sometimes. Some eye creams and eye serums you can check out would be the:

1.Perricone Acyl-glutathione eye lid serum (this is super expensive put has alot of good results. Studies on this show that 80% of people saw an improvement in dark circles after one month.

2.Shiseido white lucent anti-dark circles eye cream.

Also some good concealers to look at are the amazing cosmetics concealer and the Shiseido natural finish cream concealer.

Hope this helps!

Dark circles have something to do with the blood vessels under your skin near your eyes, so there's only so much eye cream can do. It is hereditary, but it also have to do with how much sleep you are getting, how tired/stressed you are. For me, I have it every time I pull all nighters. Some eye cream like GinZing have brightening/illuminating particles so it dimish the appearance. It's light enough for oily skin and I recommend you try that.

I second the suggestion for Amazing Concealer. It's liquid so it doesn't look caked on even on fragile area like the eye, but it's very pigmented so it works great covering pimples, too! You can dot it on with your fingers, but for undereye area, I like one of those fluffy round concealer brush (a Sephora MUA used it on me once and now I'm hooked).

Hi, I too used to use high end creams but nothing helped. When I switched to mineral makeup, the dark circles began to disapate. I have a feeling part of it was caused by makeup caking or dying my skin (eehhh, nasty, huh?). I have sensitive skin too, so it was difficult to find something that didn't make me sick in the process.

Bare Minerals helped clear up my skin and the dark circles. I'm slowly switching to Everyday Minerals because it is better coverage, less expensive, and all natural (Bare Minerals is mostly natural, not completely). I hope mineral makeup helps you.

Hi lreagan,

Dark circles are such a pain!  I would suggest trying out the Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream. Its active ingredients combat pigmented melanin (brown circles) and poor micro-circulation (blue circles), and defies dark circles by inhibiting melanin production, fading existing pigmentation, and improving micro-circulation.

Shiseido - White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream

http://bit.ly/OpLrSI

Another great option is the Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment.  My fav ingredient, Maracuja oil, is rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs) known to replenish, rebuild, and brighten skin.

Tarte - Maracuja C-Brighter™ Eye Treatment

http://bit.ly/XKqwLs

In terms of hiding the circles, try the LORAC Double Feature, which has both a concealer & highlighter in one Smiley Happy

LORAC - Double Feature

http://bit.ly/VcixcY

Good luck!

xo, Mia

I wanted to follow up and ask what you tried and if anything worked?  I'm 27, but have been dealing with the same hereditary dark lines since a teenager (no puffiness or lines, just dark circles). 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors