Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Concealer troubles...once again

So I recently purchased Laura Merciers secret camoflauge concealer in sc-2 . And im not sure how to mix the colors, like should i put the pinkish color on first and then the lighter color? Idk whatever combo i do my dark circles are still noticeable. Should I just take this product back and go back to my amazing cosmetics concealer? Oh and maybe it's the brush I am using i've been using the sephora professional collection airbrush concealer #57. I just really need some help I am getting super frustrated :/ ..Thank you for all your suggestions in advance!

When I use color products that have to be mixed to obtain...

When I use color products that have to be mixed to obtain the right shade, I put both colors on the back of my hand and mix them together, then apply the resulting mix to my face. The warmth of my hand skin makes the 2 shades mix better and I can see if I need to add more or less of one color to achieve the desired shade. I think if you try to do one color, then the other on top, on your face, it is unlikely that you would get the result to mix properly, and especially if you needed to add more of one shade than the other, it is really unlikely that you would get the proportions right on the first try!

Hope this helps!

Hi sls35,   prettyinpa is right, blending the product tog...

Hi sls35,

prettyinpa is right, blending the product together with your own skin (fingertips or top of hand) helps the product become more soft and emollient, which makes it just right for blending. Here are a few of my best tips for applying the Laura Mercier concealers.

1. Blend the products on the top of your hand with a concealer brush. The warmth from your skin will make the product melt a bit more and be easier to apply and mix together.

2. Use a concealer brush especially around the under eye area and around the corners of the nose and lips. The fine point and precision will make the concealer go on smoother and will also be way more sanitary for your skin.

3. Put the darker shade on first and feel free to add more of the lighter (yellow) shade for any extra brightening you may need. It may take some trial and error but you can always add more of the lighter shade to conceal darkness and imperfections better.

4. My favorite brush to use is the Sephora Collection Classic Concealer Brush #46 which has a very sleek and smooth tip to apply and blend concealer.

Classic Concealer Brush #46

5. ALWAYS apply eye cream before putting on any makeup around the eye area! This is a must! Your skin will be hydrated and will handle the products a LOT better than without a cream. Smiley Wink I hope my tips can help you!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors