Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Combination/Oily Skin

I have combination oily skin with an oily T-Zone. I use a few different products for oiliness but nothing keeps my forehead from getting oily.

I currently use blotting papers, Mr. FeelGood (Benefit), Murad Oil Control Mattifier, and De-Slick (Urban Decay). I don't wear foundation so use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. After I have applied all my makeup, I finish with a setting powder from Rimmel.

Within 3 hours, my forehead is super shiny. Any help is appreciated as I really want to be able to stop the oil from showing through. When I go on vacation, I take a powder brush and powder and touchup throughout the day but I would like to stop doing this.

Highlighted

Re: Combination/Oily Skin

I have an oily t-zone.  What helps me is using the Clinique Dramatically Different Gel.  After that I use the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer only on my t-zone.  I set my makeup with the Tarte Smooth Operator powder.  I have been searching for a long time now and these are the products that have helped me the most.  I only wear concealer under my eyes, no foundation at all.  Seriously the Hourglass primer is a game changer. I'm all about it now and I have been recommending it to everyone.  Also the Murad Oil Mattifier didn't really work for me.  What seems to work better is their Anti-Aging Moisturizer.  Which you wouldn't think would help the oil but it really does, more so for me than the mattifier.  Something that helps also is drinking lots of water.  When I'm really good about drinking a lot of water I can see it in my skin.  It just looks healthy and clear and it feels better. 

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos5
  • becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector.jpg
  • Lorac POREfection Mattifying Primer.jpg
  • Tarte Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder with PM20.jpg
  • UD De-Slick Mattifying Powder.jpg
  • Jack Black All Day Oil-Control Lotion.jpg