Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Blush always looks orange!!

I have medium skin with yellow undertones and for some reason every blush I try always ends up looking orange! Could it be my foundation? I mostly try pink and plum blushes but they always appear to have an orangey hue! Any advice? 

Re: Blush always looks orange!!

In the past, I've had the same problem.  I believe it's oxidation because of oil on the skin's surface and/or skin that needs exfoliation.

I thought oxidation might be the problem! Did you do anything specific to fix it? Like exfoliating more often or prepping the skin right before applying makeup

I thought oxidation might be the problem! Did you do anything specific to fix it? Like exfoliating more often or prepping the skin right before applying makeup?

Are you applying a setting powder after or before your blush?

I don't normally set with a powder but it looks orange the moment I apply it which is why I wonder if its my foundation. 

Try a setting powder because it could very well be the that when your applying your blush your foundation is getting mixed in with your blush and it's looking orange.

Also are you using a foundation primer because it sounds like your foundation is not setting before you apply your blush.

Highlighted

Thanks! I'll give that a try, I don't wear primer on a daily basis

Hi Seeingblue, I agree with the suggestions that the other users have given you so far.  I would also recommend trying a color adjusting blush.  They have a unique formula that adjusts to your skin’s natural chemistry to create a customized look for your skin.  Check out: 

Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush

Stila Custom Color Blush

Smashbox O-GLOW - Intuitive Cheek Color With Goji Berry-C Complex

Smiley Happy -Laura

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos6
  • Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush.jpg
  • Stila Custom Color Blush.jpg
  • Smashbox O-GLOW - Intuitive Cheek Color With Goji Berry-C Complex.jpg