Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Best dark spot corrector..

Having a hard time between Origins Dr. Weil mega-bright skin tone correcting serum and

Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Correcting System

Anyone have better suggestions ?

Re: Best dark spot corrector..

I have the Origins Serum, It's just okay, I wouldn't repurchase. But the Origins Peel pads, Those are worth looking into!! Those are amazing! I have alot of hyperpigmentation and those are seriously helpful. The Ole Henrikson Truth Serum is really good too! I love it, It's does help lighten my spots.

Depending on if you have dark spots form acne or sun spots, Murad has two, Post-ance spot gel and the Rapid age spot and pigment lightening gel. 

I've also heard rave reviews about the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum. 

Dr. Murads rapid age spot and pigment lightning serum is AMAZING!!! I saw results on my post acne scars days after sampling it!

Highlighted

I have this one also and I love it. I have tried the two from Lancome, onr from Estee Lauder, and quite a few others and the Murad one by far works the best. I have a sun spot that faded so quickly and my husband commented on how even my skin tone looks. I really like it and it is around the same price point as a lot of the other ones. Gentle too, in my opinion. It doesn't dry me out!

Second this. I saw a difference in a week.

Yes!  I see slight but noticeable fading with every use.

I got a sample of this but havent tried it. Do you just spot treat where you ahve dark spots or do you use it on your whole face? I feel like it feels a bit tacky on the face :/ or do I just suck up and continue using it to see results lol? 

I agree with Sparkles18.  I got a sample of the Murad and it started to work immediately. Amazing stuff!

I got a deluxe sample of the Murad in the samples they sent me...impressive!

Something else that I find works is the Garnier Dark Spot Corrector. Its not as fast as the murad but it maintains my skin

Hi lexi5298,

I agree with both of the Murad products previously recommended Smiley Happy  I've used both and noticed immediate changes in my skin.  Another one I love, is the Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution.  I'd rate it in my top 15 face products Smiley Wink

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare - Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution

http://www.sephora.com/ferulic-acid-retinol-brightening-solution-P375269?skuId=1450881

xo, Mia

I've been using the Lancome dream tone color corrector, and i loooove it, its been 3 days and ive seen dark acne scars that i've had for 5+ years vanish in 3 days!

I'm liking the Lancome DreamTone color corrector too! It's quite moisturizing and really evens out my skin tone, plus makes my skin softer. My only issue with it is that I think it smells like pickles.

I've also been using Ole Henriksen Enlighten Me serum. It's kind of an oil (and smells like licorice), but it absorbs quickly. I don't think it's helping, but it's not doing anything bad.

It's funny that some things have such odd smells. Are you able to tolerate the pickle smell? Do you like pickles? I don't, so I don't know if I could handle it.

I'm a fan of Philosophy, but Hope in a Jar smells like 'wet dog' to me and the smell doesn't dissipate very quickly. The 1st time I used it I had a dentist appointment an was really paranoid about the smell, I was afraid they would wonder if it was some unusual B.O. or that my house and belongings were permeated by the smell of my dog. I told her it was the moisturizer and she laughed, it reminded her of the movie "Monsters Inc" when Sully & ??character's name are getting ready to go out on dates and they use 'Odorant' and one of the smells they were considering was 'Wet Dog'. I thought that was pretty funny, came home & watched the movie and loved it! Made it extra fun, great movie.

Hahaha! I love Monster's, Inc.

The scent goes away pretty quickly, so just while I'm putting it on I'm like ughh. It's more like bread & butter pickles - which I hate. I like a nice kosher dill, but I still don't want my products to smell like the pickles I like lol. I guess I get past it. I'm curious if others' smell like this or mine's just weird.

It would be really interesting to find out what other people think of the smell, you should start a new thread asking that question. Might be fun.

I didn't see the Prequel to Monsters Inc yet, I'll have to check it out, have you seen it?

Wowser!!! Only 3 days? That's HUGE!! I'm so glad this worked for you. I'll have to put it on my 'love list' for future reference. I think you may have given some ladies here real hope. **jellybean917** says it smells like pickles to her, does it smell like that to you? Thanks for posting this & congrats.

Is this for oily, acne prone skin at all? I want to try it, but I'm always weary of new skincare.  

Thanks so far the murad trio set has been disappointing. Hasn't helped one bit. Been a month.

Smiley Sad

Do they say how long it takes before you see results? Do you regularly use sunscreen? If you still have product left it may be worth using it a little longer. If not, I hope you get better results from something else. Hang in there a little longer, if you can. Smiley Happy

I've been trying the Dr.Brandt Dark Spot Corrector and it's a great product. I find that a lot of my acne scars are slowly fading.

Dr. Brandt is my fave, too. I think it is making my skin break out, though. It's weird...my skin looks amazing, but breaking out at the same time. I think it is just purging, though (kind of like the first few weeks using a Clarisonic for the first time) it is beginning to look better and better after about three weeks! Out of stock at Sephora for a while, though. Had to get it directly from Dr. Brandt site

I happen to love Philosopy products although I've never used Miracle Worker Dark Spot. My sister has been using one by Dr Gross for a loooong time and it's doing nothing, she keeps saying she's going to try something else but isn't sure what to try. I've heard/read the Most Amazing reviews for Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Remover, it's supposed to be off the charts crazy good. They also have products to help 'support' and 'enhance' the good work this product hopefully does. There is a moisturizer and a foundation, not sure if there's anything else. I do like that you can reinforce and assist the Dark Spot Remover with these items. Clinique is a great brand, they're very trustworthy, so maybe this will be a good option for you.

The other thing that is Incredibly important is using a really good sunscreen on a consistent basis. If you don't use sunscreen it's really undoing any work that spot remover products do.(it may be that's my sisters problem, no sunscreen, but she doesn't want to hear it) It's important to reapply sunscreen but that can be difficult if you wear makeup. You could use something like Bare Minerals Foundation and/or their Mineral Veil with SPF, then you can reapply throughout the day without a major problem.

Hope you can find the right product and I hope you'll come back and let us know what works for you and/or what doesn't. Good luck Smiley Happy

Save your money! The best dark spot corrector costs less than $5. And believe me, it WORKS. I always recommend Dr. Fred Summit's Skin Whitener. You can find it at Wal-Mart and drugstores. Then you can splurge on something pretty at Sephora with the $ you saved!

Does this burn your skin since its a bleach cream? I also suffer from hyperpigmentation and dark spots.

I have been loving this set.  It's pricey but it works fast with proven ingredients.  The rumor on BT is that we may get 2X points in January for skincare.  

http://www.sephora.com/lightening-fast-brightening-duo-P377326?skuId=1490168

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • s654095-main-grid.jpg
  • drfred.png