Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

Best & Worst Beauty Box Subscriptions

What would everyone say their favorite subscription box is? And which are a waste of money? I am looking to subscribe to some more. I have had Birchbox and it started out good but then I stopped seeing brands I knew and loved. I just signed up for IPSY and am crossing my fingers I like it. Julep looks like a good deal so I think I am going to sign up for that one to.

Highlighted

Re: Best & Worst Beauty Box Subscriptions

Wow, what horrible customer service! I completely agree, if I am paying money for sample products, they need to be in-date and good quality. I won't be ordering from them. Thanks for letting me know! 

I've subscribed to Wantable, Glossybox, Birchbox , Petit Vour and Beauty DNA.  

My favorite so far is Beauty DNA the survey is extensive and they work with quality brands. I have had some issues with shipping but I believe they're still in beta and customer service was quick and responsive. I've only gotten two boxes with Petit Vour but so far the value has been great for the price and it's all vegan products. Birchbox is touch and go, I'm still trying to figure out what magical profile I need to get a balanced box but the point system and discount codes are amazing.

Wantable sent me expired and discontinued make-up repeatedly and lied about it. The final straw was when I got a lipstick with mold on it and the customer service rep told me it was moisture from temperature changes during shipment. Yeah, no, I know lipsticks and I know what mold spores look like. 

Glossybox has a quality box but their shipping time is horrible, customer service was bad for me as well. I would have to sent multiple messages and it took days to get an answer, when I did it was a standard reply with no resolution.

Omg, that is disgusting! Definitley will cross Wantable off my list. Thanks for sharing that. I will have to check out Beauty DNA and Petit Vour. Thanks! 

I was subscribed to Beauty Box 5, and liked it, until yestarday. When I got an e-mail notifying me that they were raising the monthly box price by 3 bucks - just for Canadians! (!It was already about 13, so it's going up to 16 bucks! )What the heck?!  Here's the email I got from them:

"Although we love our neighbors up north, we unfortunately have to raise the cost of Canadian subscriptions due to increased shipping costs starting today, July 18th. The next time you are billed, you will be charged $3 more for each box.

We can't begin to tell you how much we value our Canadian subscribers and we apologize for the inconvenience, but unfortunately this is the only way we can continue shipping our beauty boxes outside of the United States and we don't want to lose you!

Thank you for understanding and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to email us at help@beautybox5.com or give us a call at 512-270-5110."

And here is what I wrote back:

"Hi. I want to unsubscribe from BB5. I find it humorous that you're raising prices by 3 dollars!, yet don't want to lose your Canadian clientele. By raising it that much, you might as well say hasta la vista to a lot of your Canadian subscribers. The box is usually just samples (good ones, but still samples all the same) - which is not worth $16 bucks. Awhile back, I unsubscribed from Ipsy because each box was increasingly higher in price and the products in them were unknown brands and cheap quality. But I kept BB5 because it was consistent in qualtiy and price. Not anymore. Please cancel my subscription. Thank you."

Wow, for how much they make they should not raise the price, I am sure most of the samples they get are free or  extremely low cost to them. Thats a shame. Love your response. 

I have only done Birchbox and Allure. I cancelled Birchbox twice I got so upset that all they were giving is teeny tiny samples that were not my profile and you could get yourself for free walking down thee aisle of any high end store's cosmetic department. (It felt like that is what they were doing too.!) Getting free samples/charging us for them/ as a promo for their other products they care for. as get as their point system is and some of  the discounts and new products you can discover are great, feeling like I was being misled didn't sit well with me. Especially compared to Allure;s which is everything you can want. Big sam[ples great selections a bos stuffed each month with unique and satisfying tings I guarantee you , you will not have heard of yet 

Hi, I am 52 years old and have joined 6 different beauty subscription boxes. They are in order of which I joined 1st. 1. Birchbox 2. Ipsy 3. Allure 4. Walmart (both the classic and trendsetter boxes) 6. Glossybox 7. Sephora. I love every one of my subscriptions. I would Highly recommend Walmart beauty for those on a budget. They are only 5 bucks each including shipping. You receive the box every 90 days or quarterly. All the brands are drugstore caliber but a great value of full size, deluxe trial, tiny samples, and coupons. you will receive body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, makeup, lotion, and other practical/travel friendly items. My personal favorite in the 10$ price range ( Birchbox, Ipsy, and Sephora) is Sephora. Nice trendy products mixed with high end samples. Allure is a favorite right now because they have been sending very high end items including perfume which I love. Glossybox is the most expensive for a reason. This box is lovely and filled with full size and deluxe trial samples based on your profile. Glossybox packaging is fantastic as well as the contents of each box. Keep in mind these boxes are for finding what you love. You will not love everything. don't expect treasure but experiment and have fun

Try Allure. Very nice high end items. Most of their items are deluxe trial or full size.

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Untitled-4.jpg
  • expired.PNG