Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors
Highlighted

Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

So I always get told how girls are doing their eyes,lips,contouring etc...

but is there a good way to take of makeup without over drying your skin ,scrubbing to much,tugging on your eyes to get all the mascara off and eyeliner?

i always suffer the next day my skin gets more oily my eyes get more puffy,and the dark circles look worse, what's a girl to do, to get a clean face after wearing full face makeup during the day.

any help and tips would be great!!!

Re: Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

I use makeup wipes, mainly the Yes to Cucumbers ones since they are soft on my face. For my eyes I actually just sleep with it on. I have some raccoon eyes sometimes but then I get in the shower and it all comes off without me doing anything. I found out a long time ago I saved lashes this way because I wasn't tugging at them trying to get the mascara off. If I'm wearing a ton of eye makeup I use baby oil. 

Re: Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

I also tried the wipes ,but they don't clean of all the makeup,and then I wash my face and I feel it's oily and not clean so I end up scrubbing like crazy, so that I don't break out, my eyes I also can't sleep with the mascara, eyeshadow etc... Because it burns my eyes ,so I clean them with the lancome makeup remover ,but on top of that I hate the smudges it leaves on my pillow cases if there is even a little left on my eyes , so I take a wipe and cream and clean of all the rest, so my face is burning and so are my eyes ;-(

even after the shower I can't seem to get eyes completely clean

Well this works for me most of the time, but I usually wear a minimal amount of makeup.  I also have to wash with a cleanser. If I do have a good bit of makeup on I'll wash my face with a little bit of product. Then I'll use my clarisonic to make sure I get it all. Oil in general will dissolve makeup really well though. I know they have cleansing oils but I've used virgin olive oil before.

My surefire way of getting all make-up off at night withouth destroying my skin:

• Eyes - Neutrogena ultra-soft eye makeup remover pads: soft and gets even waterproof; you can also use cold cream
  • For long wearing lipstick - after blotting off the top layer, dap a little bit of vaseline onto your finger and rub it across your lips; after a couple of minutes (while you wipe your eye makeup off), use a tissue and gently wipe off the vaseline
  • Wash face with cleansing oil
  • Lip balm
  • Then, you can follow-up with usual skincare routine or just go to sleep (with a clean, fresh face)

Can you use cleansing oil on acne prone/ oily skin without breaking out ?

Yep!  It sounds counterproductive but it's actually not.  You just have to find the right one.  I live and die by Shu Uemura - pricey but it's replaced all other cleansers for me.  They have a fresh pore clarifying gentle version for combo-to-oily skin.

I see a Boscia one on Sephora with reviews you can read.  I haven't tried this cleansing oil but have used other Boscia products.

http://www.sephora.com/makeup-breakup-cool-cleansing-oil-P254604?skuId=1227891

I have also used Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Purifying Cleansing Oil but not sure if that will be good on oily skin.

http://www.sephora.com/flawless-skin-purifying-cleansing-oil-P280928?skuId=1314780

Definitely try to get samples before committing to cleansing oils if you haven't used them in the past.  Be sure to read and follow the directions - many are dry application that you add water to.

I will look into it, I have a lot of products, I can probably open my own Sephora/ macys you name it, but I want one thing without all the steps for eyes and face and cleansers and toners and all that to get a clean face,after makeup aapplications my wrinkles are growing by the minute!!!

Lol!!!

:-()

I feel your pain.  I have so many products, but a lot of them are going away (or being donated to friends/family) not that I finally admitted that I don't have the skin I had in my 20s.  Now money goes into retinol, vitamin C, and facial treatments.

Omg!!!!

me toooooooo, I am spending sooooooo much on creams /lotions to keep the wrinkles at bay, but I worry from all the rubbing and scrubbing that retinol, vita c, won't work anymore

;-(

59 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • swfupload_6414946985312734697.jpg
  • swfupload_4547253686055176957.jpg
  • swfupload_8486035442739421182.jpg
  • swfupload_7398925574446594483.jpg
  • swfupload_9219008811120651134.jpg
  • vaseline11.jpg
  • image.jpg