Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Hello beauty talk members, I see so many color threads here. I love to chat about luxury skincare products and procedures. I am addicted to trying new things and am always on the lookout for something new in skincare. 

Have a favorite luxury brand or product? 

Have a fav skin tool or treatment? Please share.

Curious about botox? Spa treatments and peels? let's share our experiences here .

We can also post good GWP's, and specials. Smiley Happy

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

I heard oxidization makes it gradually less and less effective, but not a harm. Actually, I heard they oxidize a lot on face before absorption as well. Probably they'd have to reformulate (not repackage) with more stabilizer if this happens so fast. 

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Wow thanks for posting this @Mochapj! I am using the serum from the holiday kit now and it is apparently oxidized Smiley Sad 

Cult beauty has 15% off code SPRING15 Also there is a promo on Odacite , Free full size CaR serum with any £75 Odacite purchase.

I am wanting to treat myself to some skincare, and currently conflicted between two brands: May Lindstrom and Mahalo.  I tried The Bean mask from Mahalo, which was fantastic! I also tried a sample of ML Blue Cocoon and find it to be great for reducing inflammation and calming my skin.  The products I am considering are:

1)ML the Awakening collection (problem solver, honey mud, and blue cocoon)

2)Mahalo petal mask+rare indigo beauty balm

any recommendations on what should I pick up?

For ref. I have combo/normal, problematic skin that wants a lot of TLC.  I get frequent breakouts and suffer from hyper-pigmentation/scarring.  I am also really into the anti-aging aspect of skin care.

@MiaM7 I've tried and used all of the products you've mentioned, so hopefully I can offer some insight

Firstly, none of these will address anything 'anti aging' to a great extent because they are masks and balms. If you want anti aging, that's more a serum type thing.

i'll assume you've looked into cost/size comparisons as well, so I won't dwell on that here.

in terms of blue cocoon vs rare indigo, I've gone through a full pot of BC and am working my way through RI now. They're both good at moisturizing and soothing, but I find texturally BC is thicker and heavier and takes longer to absorb. Both are noticeably scented, FYI. 

i love the bean mask (it's my favourite new mask this year) buuuut if you have problematic skin the problem solver is a better choice, IMO. I definitely find it head and shoulders above petal, which is more of a gentle hydrating/exfoliating mask than one for acneic skin.

honey mud is fine but not my favorite - I find it better suited to dry skin as it is rather thick and heavy. I don't love it as a cleanser, I tolerate it as a layer in the ML facial and I personally won't repurchase 

it sounds like you may be looking at sets but imo you are better off purchasing individual products that suit your needs.

hope that helps

@Mochapj @greenchilli Thank you so much for your insight! I really appreciate it.  I am definitely planning to pick up The Problem Solver and BC.

I saw recipes floating online about mixing the honey mud with the problem solver to create a detoxifying/hydrating mask, have you guys tried that?

@MiaM7 I have.

Ive done pS mixed with HM, CD mixed with HM, and the whole May 'facial' that basically involves layering every product she makes.

ive also blended BC with PS and used that as a mask.

Hi @Mochapj would you let me know where you get the bean mask in Canada? Thanks!

@Babypeachist Clementine fields carries it but I got mine from Mahalo direct because they had a great gwp when I was restocking 2 weeks ago

@Mochapj Thanks! Did you get charged for duty?

@Babypeachist when I ordered the Love+ set back in February I was, but when I got my Bean restock today I didn't.

my postman told me not every package gets assessed, so whether you're charged or not is luck of the draw.

@Mochapj Ok I guess it's by Canada Post. Sorry I had too many questions! Thanks a lot!

It's not even my question, but that still helped me immensely. I am going to look into the Bean Mask. 

I am with everyone else on the ML Honey Mud. It's fine, but I won't repurchase it. I sometimes use it before Problem Solver and sometimes use them mixed together, but I feel like Problem Solver does a great job even if just mixed with water. I don't feel that Honey Mud makes a big difference when used on its own or as a mixer. 

@MiaM7

I concur with @Mochapj.  Honey Mud is my least favourite ML product.  I have a whole pot and only find it useful as part of a multi layered facial.  I do not use it as a regular cleanser.  

Problem Solver by far is the winner in May's line IMO.

If you are interested in anti-ageing, look for ingredients like Vit A, Vit C, peptides etc.  Your age will determine how active you'd like to go.

*My top anti-ageing tools are exfoliation and hydration.  Simple as this sounds, it really addresses dull crepey skin immediately.  As you get older, you start including the more active ingredients like Vit A etc.

Highlighted

@MiaM7

So I have not tried mahalo products but I do really like May Lindstrom.  We have very similar skin as well.

I actually bought the awakening collection two months ago.  It was my second ML purchase ever. 

- The Problem solver:  this is a great mask.  I have really enjoyed it.  It was my first ML product and it lasts forever.

- Blue Cocoon: interesting product.  takes a while to absorb, not sure how much use it will get this summer, but an overall good experience

- Honey Mud:  very very very light cleanser, personally not enough for me.   but i do feel like it works for the morning more so than at night. i have not tried combining products.

FYI sign-up for the next Cult Beauty x Caroline Hirons box is up. Link is in Caroline's Instagram bio. Releasing in May.

My last order I placed with Cult, they send me a tracking number and the package was held at custom clearance for three days, now I am curious to see if they charge duties when it arrives. Before it I never got the tracking info and was never charged duties on packages less than £100 value. This one is around £60 so I'll see how it goes. It will help me decide if I want to continue shopping from Cult on regular basis or only when there is some extra Ordinary GWP or deal 😉 

Have they posted the contents and price of the box? @bonafide11

@fatimamummy No details yet. She replied to someone that sneak peeks are coming. 

I think CB changed warehouse/shipping service recently. I placed an order on Apr 10 and got it today. I was sent a tracking number too even though I picked free standard shipping. The package came from Madrid, Spain, not the U.K. Canada Post delivered it and didn't charge duties. Order was around 50 pounds. 

Caroline's box tends to be pricey though so it's probably 50/50 chance they'll charge duties. 

@bonafide11 Yes the package is coming from Spain. I guess I'll only know about duties when it finally arrives.

Since I was charged a good amount for the order with winter GWP so I'm 100% sure Caroline's box is bound to cost us duties so I'll get it only if it contains enough products that I actually want to try.

@fatimamummy My last order came like this and was also charged duties. It was under 100£ as well

I have a feeling I'll be charged duties as well @Mochapj

@fatimamummy who knows, you may not.

My postman and I are on a fairly friendly basis at this point and he told me that what goes through the customs charges process and what doesn't is completely random.

They don't just pull everything that is over a certain dollar value, so it really is just luck of the draw.

@Mochapj @bonafide11 My Cult package arrived and I was charged duties on it. Guess I should look for sales on Detox Market to buy the skincare I was buying from Cult so far.

On a side note how much should be the minimum value of package to get charged duties if it is arriving from US through UPS?

I am expecting a package with total value of only US$17 and the tracking shows I have to pay duties on delivery for that package 😐
I don't know if it is coincident or what last time when I paid duties on Cult order, A UPS package arriving a few days after also had duty charges. That was first time I paid duties to UPS. I have recieved many UPS packages after that of the bigger value with no duties. Now again after paying duties for Cult order my tiny UPS package is charged with duties again.
I know it's not a thread for this discussion but I wonder if we can ever solve the mystery of they decide when to charge duties and when to let it pass.

Anyone try Uma Oils? I know @greenchilli loves them! I bought the Face Sample set from their site for $70; it includes 5 different face oils. I tried the Total Rejuvenation Night Oil last night. I liked it! The scent was nice and light which I do like in general. My skin felt very hydrated this AM. I'm not sure if it's any better than May Lindstrom's Youth Dew, but I enjoy it considerably more than Mahalo's Vitality Elixir. Interested to hear other experiences with the line. 

I've been using the Clarifying one since February @mrsbaine

It works really well but the scent of cloves in it (one of the primary ingredients) is very, very strong.  So strong in fact that it repels my pets Smiley Very Happy

I've tried minis from the 5pc sample set I got as a GWP when I bought it, but so far none of them have enticed me to buy any others.  

I like the product line, but am not a fan of the fact that it's in a clear bottle.