Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Hello beauty talk members, I see so many color threads here. I love to chat about luxury skincare products and procedures. I am addicted to trying new things and am always on the lookout for something new in skincare. 

Have a favorite luxury brand or product? 

Have a fav skin tool or treatment? Please share.

Curious about botox? Spa treatments and peels? let's share our experiences here .

We can also post good GWP's, and specials. Smiley Happy

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

@NickyLT

I used to use BC mostly on days I wanted to calm skin.  Either I had got threading done, or I had a hormonal spot, or maybe used a stronger peel.  I cleanse, spritz, and then on damp face massage BC in.  Then I would apply a moisturizer or oil over it.  I find that BC boosts hydration, but it is not sufficient on its own.  

However, I love BC a lot for its scent.  It really speaks to the "evening skincare indulgence and calm" that I love.  It is a sensory pleasure for sure and I really like that.

So now I use it very often.  Even during the day when I want to maintain my chi or fight monsters.

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Hi beauties! I have a code/credit for $10 off $75 purchase at The Detox Market US (expires 10/31) - E47D3YZAFQ3M. I don't need it but hope someone here can benefit from it.

*Coupon Valid at ​The Detox Market US in-store and online (cannot be used at Cafe Gratitude Beauty Corners). OFFER EXCLUDES all Gift Cards, Best of Beauty Box, TDM & Cafe Gratitude Box and the following vendor: May Lindstrom & Vintner's Daughter. Also excludes shipping & handling charges and taxes. Offer not combinable with any other offers, discounts, or promotions.
Highlighted

Special currently on Odacite direct. Full size CaR serum, travel size of Synergie4 and Aloe+Immortale Hydrating Mist and sample size of black cumin serum. 

Is this worth it? @Mochapj

@tuinamaster I think it could be worth it for people that want to try CaR and the mask.

While I like CaR, I haven't been as impressed with the mask, so personally this isn't worth it to me.

What's the best place for Canadians to buy May Lindstrom. Thx!

@veronika23 if you have points saved up, I usually buy through Detox Market.

If no points, I sometimes buy through Clementine Fields - they used to run a program where they'd send 10% off coupons if you wrote reviews of products you purchased (that could be applied to ML).  Not sure if they still do that since they added a points system, though.  

If you have a lot you want to purchase, buying it direct can sort of be a good deal because they'll send you generous samples of any other products you want to try.

While the exchange rate is good, Cult Beauty is also a decent option.  Sometimes it ends up being cheaper than what we are charged locally, but obviously it takes a bit longer to arrive. Smiley Wink

Thanks @Mochapj. Mostly want the problem solver and maybe the honey mud. I don't think I have enough points at the detox market right now and I might have purchased during their last promo but they were out of problem solver.  I rather save money than get gwp but I know May's products are never included in the sale at Detox.  Was hoping Clementine would have a sale and they'd be included.

@veronika23 I've been following CF for about a year and have only seen one sale.  They run a lot of monthly promos, but seem a bit more scarce on the % off offers.

It seems a lot of places ML is excluded from sale.  I think it is excluded from Cult Beauty as well, but with the exchange rate (right now) it's still less that what it costs to buy in Canada.

@Mochapj good to know! Thanks! Does Cult do any types of special... maybe I'll wait until one shows up.

@veronika23 Sorry to butt in. Cult will probably have a gift bag event before  year end with best of cult beauty items. last Ml promo was a free full size jasmin garden mist on 100GBP Purchase back in June-July Smiley Happy

Thanks @dioradict! I guess I have to be patient lol

@veronika23 they often run specials like spend $x, get y item free

During the summer they ran a ML one where if you spent I think 100 pounds, you got a free full size Jasmine Garden spray.

Thanks @Mochapj, @dioradict was just saying Smiley Wink  just have to be patient lol

Whoops.  I came back to my computer and thought it had posted 20 min ago, but it didn't LOL.

hahaha I do that too sometimes!

I bought samples via Clementine Fields for 2 to 5 dollars each plus $8 shipping. They came in little clear labeled jars. It was a great way to try out the brand without investing a lot.

@AmethystCrush I've done that already Smiley Wink Picked out the ones I like and ready to buy. Thanks!

@veronika23 I haven't compared prices for ML, but Beautylish has it and their GC event is on right now. 

Thanks @lachaton thought about that but I think it would still be high with the poor exchange... I'd have to check. Thx.

Anyone using SR ceramic slip Cleanser? Thoughts?

@fatimamummy I've been using Ceramic Slip for a couple of weeks so this is more of a first impression. Had a sample that lasted a few days and went to get the full size during the sale. 

I like that it's a pH balanced (5.5) cleanser for our skin's natural pH. Since it does contain clay, I only use it every other day fearing that daily use might be too drying. My skin is super soft after using this face wash. I've been using with SR Blue Moon cleansing balm as my first cleansing step and together these products make my skin glow after cleansing. Not sure if it is more of the balm or cleanser though. It did not further irritate my skin when I broke out from something else (I'm thinking an ACV toner which I have since stopped using). Speaking of Blue Moon, I am IN LOVE with it. If things continue to go as well as they have, I will be purchasing the full size and ditching my mineral oil-based cleansing oils (It's been great Shu and Skinfood, but my skin deserves better)

It lathers very little but you only need one pump of cleanser. Definitely pricey for what it is but then again so are all SR products! 

PS I'm not if you use a first step to clean off all make up first. I don't see Ceramic Slip as an effective double duty cleanser to remove make up AND cleanse. Since I started using an oil based cleanser first last year I don't think I'd ever go back to relying on a single cleanser to do both, though. 

@fatimamummy I bought it during the rouge sale and I have used it 4 times now. I like it so far. It surprisingly didn't dry my skin out. I only have to use a single pump to cleanse my whole face, which is nice. I don't see a reduction in my pore size but I don't expect the cleanser to be able to do that anyways because I think my pores are already small. I have seen a decrease in the amount of whiteheads around my nose though and my skin does feel a little softer. I

Hello Fatimamummy. I used the cleanser for about 6 months a couple of years ago and did not really like it. I felt it was not cleaning my skin completely. I do like SR Good Genes though. Currently I am using Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser which has micro-beads. I do have oily/combination skin.

I love the TH Regenerating Cleanser! The smell is fantastic and I love that she uses apricot seed powder instead of microbeads.

I've had it for awhile and I really like it. I use it a few times a week when my face feels really grimey (I have combo oily skin so that's often haha).

It doesn't dry me out and feels nice on my skin which is sensitive! I use this by hand and wouldn't use a Clarisonic with it if you do have one. It doesn't foam at all. It's kind of like a gel cleanser with clay in it.

I like it because of it's mildness and pH! It also lasts a super long time. I only use one pump each time and I am barely through half of the bottle. I only use it at night though.

I remove all my makeup with Bioderma and an eye makeup remover prior to using it.

1 Reply