Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Hello beauty talk members, I see so many color threads here. I love to chat about luxury skincare products and procedures. I am addicted to trying new things and am always on the lookout for something new in skincare. 

Have a favorite luxury brand or product? 

Have a fav skin tool or treatment? Please share.

Curious about botox? Spa treatments and peels? let's share our experiences here .

We can also post good GWP's, and specials. Smiley Happy

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

I like the Luna oil (exfoliating) and Marula oil (moisturizing). I take Super Primrose oil pills. My skin is baby soft.

She might also want to try washing her face with an oil.  Right now I am using JM but I use it in the shower with water like a regular cleanser.  Then I gently pat dry my face dry as to leave a little oil behind.  I also have combo skin.  This also makes my skin baby soft and glowing. 

Clarisonic is not for sensitive skin. 

Other than that I suggest professional treatments. I don't really believe that skin care products treat skin other than clean, exfoliate, moisturize or SPF.

Botox for wrinkles and microdermabrasion to help the sallow appearance. Or, even one of the stronger peels. Check out Real Self site for suggestions. 

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Thank you @wheeeee @ajf1 @luvgloss13! I'm going to have to look into all your suggestions. Im not sure why, but my mom is insistent that a clarisonic is good even though I told her my research says that it's pretty harsh. She said she's been looking at the smart profile one that's meant for sensitive skin? 

Im pretty sure her skincare is lacking, but when I've bought her stuff she just lets it sit or forces me to return it lol. She's often scared it'll make her skin worse since she's tried different things that come highly recommended, but she always breaks out into a bad rash.

pretty sure my mom is a closet bubble child lol 

@pinyo, I'm not sure why your mom seems convinced that skincare tools are the way to deal with "old and wrinkly" and sallow skin.

I also have super sensitive skin, which I found out last year has worsened because of an autoimmune form of contact dermatitis that reacts to metals and some preservatives. As a result of all this, I slowly introduce skincare items into my routine.

I'm a couple years shy of turning 60. I know I have good genes (and good eating/environment also help) but I think now I'm just starting to see wrinkles that most people seem to get at a much younger age (not including laugh lines, which I consider to be beautiful at any age). But I think that overall, despite my skin sensitivity issues, that my skin looks better than it did when I was younger (with all my crazy hormones intact, of course).

Here are some things that I've found -- and that may help those who are younger and struggling with controlling spending, especially on lots of skincare related stuff.

Don't bother with the plastic surgery, Botox and other nonsense. No offense to those who think they need this, but those who get these procedures aren't fooling anybody one bit. In fact, so many people (especially celebrities) are getting this stuff done that it looks like there's a new human race sub-species with weirdly buffed out smooth features. The eye isn't fooled -- that's why we all stare at the older stars (even those who stridently claim they've gotten nothing done) because our subconscious detects the discrepancies between real age and forced rebirth.

Less is more. Don't stress if you skip your skincare tonight (just don't sleep with makeup on), don't worry if you can only handle using retinal a couple times a month, etc. Try to not wear makeup that often, like on weekends or times when you're more casual; try a more simple look with the very minimal stuff needed.

When your skin is drier, especially when you're older, skip the morning cleansing unless you're going to be wearing makeup.

Wear sunscreen. Get more serious skin issues treated by a dermatologist instead of trying to solve them yourself with store-bought items.

Adapt to changes your skin, hair and body are going through and continue to go through. When your skin gets more wrinkled and saggy, adjust your makeup as needed to accentuate your best facial features. When your hair gets thinner or more curly or more gray, get a different hairstyle. Wear clothes that make you feel good, but be sure you have the body and confidence to pull off wearing anything that you wore the last time it was in style.

Smile and laugh as much as you can stand it. Keep positive people in your life as much as you can and recognize and embrace the goodness in loved ones and in nature and internally.

Wow! Thank you @DiVWA for your thorough insight! I'm really gonna try to push my to stay away from the skincare tools and try more skincare instead. 

I think showing her this thread will give the opinion more validity since I'm sure it's more believable when similarly aged people advocate for it. 

Thank you! 

I agree with a lot of what @DiVWA says below, though not all.  And mostly because we each need to find the right balance with our skin and hers is just different from mine.

But I wanted to comment and agree with her that tools aren't the answer.  Anything harsh can cause more damage than good.  I have dry aging skin and am very careful with my skin care and what I put on my skin.  I'd never use a clarsonic for fear of doing real damage.

If your mother has super sensitive skin she should be looking at more natural skin care lines.  My daughter likewise has super sensitive ingredients and has a long list of ingredients she can't apply (one application and her face turns red).

I would use your money on something tailored for sensitive skin and skip the tools, personally.

Thank you @meganlisa! I'm going to show my mom all of this so hopefully she'll finally stop lusting after skincare tools and get on board with a good skincare regimen. 

@pinyo A good skin care regime (IMO) is better than the tools.  Less likely to do damage as well!

Cult Beauty GWP for Tata Harper

Great deal! TY , tempting.... 

Has anyone tried Arcona products? If so what are your favorites?

I've only tried the Raspberry Clarifying bar.  

It was ok, I didn't end up repurchasing it because I didn't love how it made my skin feel (a bit tight)  

I've tried all their cleansers and I'm not a fan since it felt drying on my skin. I use the cranberry gromage and like it but there are better things out there. The wine oil is pretty nice along with the wine mask. The triad pads are great for on the go. I do like that the products lean towards the natural side 

The only product I really like is the Golden Grain Gommage. A SA did a facial using it on me, and I immediately purchased it my next visit to Nordstrom. The other stuff I've tried was underwhelming, and my face had an allergic reaction to one of the cleansing bars (big, red welts all over my face). 

I love Arcona's cranberry toner. It smells amazing, and it leaves my skin feeling super clean and hydrated at the same time.

I just recently bought a new bottle, and was disappointed to see that they got rid of the pump mechanism though. Packaging means a lot to me, and shaking the stuff out just seems like a step backward. It makes a beautiful and luxurious smelling product feel...well...less so. 

I feel snotty for saying this, but for the price I will probably won't buy it again. It's a great product, but the cheaper packaging annoys me every time I use it. 

Has anyone ordered from Chantecaille direct? Do they give any samples or deluxe minis with their orders?

I got the Rose de Mai Cream the other day at Nordstrom and it is so lush on my skin. I want to try more stuff and get more travel sizes or minis or sample pots...I've gotten a few from the SA at Nordstrom, but I don't want to seem like a pest lol. 

Are there any other good products I should try from Chantecaille?

Thanks!

I've ordered from Chantecaille.com a few times and have never gotten a single sample. I'd rather order from a SA. Berrdorf Goodman is having their gift card event in September so that could be a good time to buy. I like their vital essence with Arbutin, their rose face oil and their rose water toner.  At BG, there is a gift and you get $25 off if you spend $250. I can give you the name of my SA if you'd like

Highlighted

My first May Lindstrom order. So excited to try it all! 

Please let us know how you like pendulum potion!!

I will! I'm actually getting ready to try it tonight! @Mochapj

Lovely. I adore that packaging! Smiley Happy

May Lindstrom Pendulum Potion

Her instructions per the email sent to me from her Director of Care....

To experience The Pendulum Potion, make a small pool in your palms, pressing together and inhaling deeply. Massage gently into your dry skin, focusing on areas on congestion, heavier makeup and environmental debris. Wet hands and continue massage and then place a warm, steamy face towel over face and neck, hold, rinse and repeat until skin is soft and cleansed, gently sweeping upwards and complete with a final rinse.

First impressions: (and I'd love to report back in a week or two) I had a light amount of make-up on today. I used 3 or 4 pumps of the Potion. Not necessary, I think 1-2 pumps would suffice. The color is a light yellow. Slightly more viscous than other cleansing oils I've used. I was afraid it would run through my fingers & I would lose product but that needn't be a worry. It smells simply divine. Like sweet citrus, chocolate and Jasmine. The Potion feels luxurious when rubbed in, very hydrating with no tugging on my skin. I added water as instructed and expected to have some emulsifying, but if there was it was slight. I used a Muslin Cloth to wipe away, followed by a quick rinse. My skin feels cleansed, not tight. I do have a couple of areas of congestion/redness that I'm dealing with. The Potion felt soothing to those areas. I have to say. The sensory experience alone was amazing. I kept cupping my palms up to my nose and inhaling. It sounds funny, but I must have done that 5 times. 

Spoiler

And the ingredient list:

This is a beautifully decadent blend of the following:

tamanu oil
camellia oil
macadamia oil
avocado oil
olive oil
plum kernel oil
cocoa absolute
peru balsam
sweet orange
myrrh
jasmine absolute
yang-ylang
lemon
frankincense

Thank you! I may have to try it when it comes out! The smell you describe sounds a lot like blue cocoon to me 😉

You're very welcome. It's something special, for sure.

@bem564 what kit is this? It looks like the perfect trial size to try their items

@tuinamaster Hi! This was not a kit. May Lindstrom will send you samples of the things you would like to try along with your online order. If I remember correctly, ML may be offering travel sized kits in the future. Perhaps someone can chime in, I believe there are some boutiques that carry the ML brand that offer samples of her line as well. Smiley Happy

8 Replies