Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Hello beauty talk members, I see so many color threads here. I love to chat about luxury skincare products and procedures. I am addicted to trying new things and am always on the lookout for something new in skincare. 

Have a favorite luxury brand or product? 

Have a fav skin tool or treatment? Please share.

Curious about botox? Spa treatments and peels? let's share our experiences here .

We can also post good GWP's, and specials. Smiley Happy

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Thanks mocha!

Fresh Faced has free shipping over $75, which means I will probably order from them if I get the full sizes!

Hopefully I will be happy with the results from CaR and Pa+G. I really do not want to splurge on SIH yet because I want to save that product for when I really want to benefit from all the anti aging effects! Wish they would sell it in a smaller size so the price wasn't so steep so I would take the plunge though!

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

@k617 here's an interesting thing about Fresh Faced...

I was on their website this morning trying to figure out where they ship from, and they ship from the storefront of one of the locations of Detox Market in Toronto.

I'm not sure if it's the same company under 2 different names (not really sure why they'd need that) but I've been to this physical storefront before and there is nothing denoting it as 'Fresh Faced'.  

It's bizarre...

FWIW, the sizing on all of these Odacite serums is small.  The serum concentrates being 0.17 and the private blends being 0.5oz, basically if you buy 3 concentrates, it's the same size as a private one.  Depending on which private ones you're interested in vs the cost of the individuals, it can be cheaper to just buy the individual components and blend them yourself.

Of course, that's assuming their blends are in equal ratio, but it's certainly an option.

I purchased a few samples of products from Fresh Faced and was quite happy with them. Took a couple days to ship, but arrived quickly and it was packaged nicely and they included another free sample. 

@k617 @lachaton I emailed them to ask about it out of curiosity.

apparently detox market acquired fresh faced last year, so even though they operate separately, everything ships from the Toronto DM

Oh, well I guess I'll be receiving another package from DM then! Smiley Very Happy I think I would order from Fresh Faced still, with the free shipping over $75. But I guess that depends on what DM has for promos!

@k617 @Mochapj ah, that makes sense! Google was telling me they're now all owned by the same company, but that explains it better Smiley Happy 

I do like Fresh Faced for the ability to buy samples, but I've been purchasing Odacite from Nordstrom lately for the deals there.

Still, it's always nice to have options!

@Mochapj that is interesting indeed! What led me to Fresh Faced in the first place was that I think Odacite listed it under British Columbia? I thought they'd ship from Victoria so I'd get things faster, but the package did end up coming from Toronto!

That is very bizarre!

@Mochapj I got my package from Fresh Faced, it was packaged the exact same way as the package from Detox Market except it didn't come with the little Detox Market pouch! They still included a sample with my order, I got the Rose Neroli toner which smells sooooo nice!

Ooh, nice!  I am expecting a sample pack from them today too - I think that was the toner I picked as a sample, too.  Let me know how you like it?

Arghhh Detox Market is having a 10% off $150+ and 15% off $200+ (and $300 you get an extra gift). I really wish this was later, I haven't had a chance to really test out the Odacite serums I have yet!

@k617 Don't despair! They do this level of sale almost monthly 😉

Phew @mochapj good to know! Smiley Very Happy

Picked up samples of both Sunday Riley Martian and UFO today in store and am excited to try them.

i had a pretty snotty SA, though.  I walked into skincare to ask for help and I guess it interrupted her chat with a coworker.  Asked for a sample and got a very nasty are you sure this is for your skin type, what is it??? before she would make me a sample.

Why does she care if it's the right product for your skin type if all you're asking for is a sample? Isn't that the whole point of getting a sample--to figure out if it'd work for you? 

@k617 I'm really not sure. She was acting like I would be taking a sample from her own personal bottle or something.

this sort of rude/lacklustre service has been pretty common at that particular store, so I get the feeling they aren't training them all that well.

@MochapjHow did you like UFO?

@Cyncynn I haven't tried it just yet; planning to tomorrow.

I wanted to give myself a bit of a buffer between it and the Martian so I'd know if one of them caused me problems.

Leaving some thoughts on UFO here for @Cyncynn (and anyone else who is interested)

Been using UFO for 3 days now, so these are still initial impressions.

After I applied it the first day, I found that even though my skin absorbed it easily, I didn't feel like my skin was moisturized.  It felt slightly tight and almost dry - just barely uncomfortable.  I am guessing this may be from the salicylic acid.

The second and third days, I still felt this, but it wasn't as pronounced as the first day.  I am using it after I morning cleanse, tone, and apply a serum and eye cream.  Normally after my serum I'd apply a facial oil and a gel moisturizer, but I've been skipping the moisturizer to see how well this works.  I did not want to introduce anything after the UFO step that might prevent it from controlling my oily skin.

I'm feeling a little conflicted.  On the one hand, I feel like my skin is sort of dry when I use it.  But on the other, I notice UFO helps to constrict the pores on my cheeks that I've recently been having trouble with.  And, it really does work well for controlling my oil/shine.  The past 3 days I've been out in the sun and yet at the end of the day my face still looks the same as it did right after I applied UFO.  The finish is what I'd call satiny; it isn't quite moist enough to be dewy, and I am usually pretty oily looking by mid-afternoon, so this impressed me big time.  

The next test with the remainder of my sample will be to see if it still maintains a satiny finish if I apply a moisturizer on top.  

Highlighted

I got sample of Chantecaille cream some month ago (I think, in NET-A-PORTER kit). Sample was pretty big, 10 ml (0.3oz). I`m using it and I`m completely in love! Texture is great, smell is nice, overall cream is awesome, my sensitive skin is happy. And today I took a look at full price on Neiman Marcus Smiley Sad About 362$ and it sucks. This is sad trick with those expensive samples - if you are in love, you are in trouble. 

I totally relate. I fell in love with a tiny La Mer sample and now I'm buying deluxe samples from ebay to feed my addiction! 🙊

OMG I thought I was the only one doing that! I feed my AMorePacific Age defence cream addiction through eBay deluxe samples.

Ladies, that sounds like a good idea. Share your experience - is it much cheaper, that buy full size? And aren`t you afraid, that sample will be used, expired or something?

Buy from reputable sellers (feedback score) and you shouldnt have too much issue. I am lucky (?)that the amore has a distinctive smell, makes it easier to verify that the product is genuine. Obviously if you are going for a full size you run (IMO) a higher risk of buying a fake, more an incentive to crooks to manufacture fake items if the margin is higher, I dont think (hope) that there is no organized crime ring churning out fake pots of Amore Age defence samples to sell at $12 each. 

In case you didnt know - La Mer and Chantecaille will both be part of barneys fall beauty event.  Full price but a very decent beauty bag.  I'm rationing until then (well trying).

Yes, I know and already have plans for one Barney`s bag. But overall I`m not ready to buy 400$ face cream. I better pay such amount of money to my esthetician, result will be better, I think Smiley Happy)

6 Replies