Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors

All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Hello beauty talk members, I see so many color threads here. I love to chat about luxury skincare products and procedures. I am addicted to trying new things and am always on the lookout for something new in skincare. 

Have a favorite luxury brand or product? 

Have a fav skin tool or treatment? Please share.

Curious about botox? Spa treatments and peels? let's share our experiences here .

We can also post good GWP's, and specials. Smiley Happy

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

I think you are going to love it!

Highlighted

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

For those that are more into the Natural Luxury Beauty Category. Space NK is still doing these GWP for $150.

You can mix your brand (Sunday Riley, Ren, TataHarper, Sjal, Kat Burki) I bought the Kat Burki Vitamin C cream and Tata Harper Oil Cleanser and cream blush. And I chose the SJAL set with code "SJAL17".

This SJAL set has the cheapest buy in at SpaceNK. On the direct website I think it's a $250 buy in and during the Barney's bag it was $200 buy in.

If you already like something from one of these brands, you can buy backups and try something new.

Nice ty!

I am a newbie to skin care - in fact I just give it a thought a few days ago and I want to start investing in it... but I don't know where to begin!!

Tips for a starter, anyone? Smiley Happy

@KimiStarr how old are you and what are the concerns you'd like to address in your skincare?

The reason I'm asking is someone in their 20s is less likely to want/need an anti-aging regimen than someone in their 40s or 50s might.

But from a basic level, a good cleanser, moisturizer and eye cream are always a great place to start.

I'm 28, and I have normal/oily skin. It stays ok during winter and don't go dry. But my primary concern is that I have acne marks, and I get occasional pimples. Like for a week or two it's all good then if I get stressed or get too busy, suddenly a huge one will appear with 3-5 small ones out of nowhere.

Thank you!!

I agree with Mochapj below. It really depends on your concerns. What are your skin concerns? I would probably spend more/splurge on a good serum that addresses my skin concerns than anything else.

I 100% agree with @sungelly87 - IMO it makes more sense to splurge on the stuff that stays on your face (like a serum or moisturizer) than the stuff that gets washed away (like a cleanser or toner)

Of course, if you can splurge on both, that's not to say you shouldn't.  Smiley Wink

Haha I didn't really want to splurge, tho I want to use something effective. I noticed that buying pimple spot treatments work only up to a point then say I buy a 2nd tube, they don't really dry them out anymore.

Ah, the reason I mentioned splurge is because you're in the 'luxury' skincare thread, which I guess to me implies splurge-y items. 

Do you currently use any specific products?

what are your concerns and how much time and $$$ are you willing to invest?

My favorite brands for skincare are GlamGlow (for masks, cleansers) and Murad (for serums, moisturizers, treatment products). I especially love the way Murad offers problem-specific lines for individual skin type. For example, I have rosacea and I particularly like the redness line. Clinique does this too. My favorite tools are the NuFace (it really works to give a more youthful, toned face - but you have to keep using - it's temporary) and the PMD for texture and for getting skin care products to sink in better. I have never had Botox. I did have a dermatologist treatment for scars that did not work, at least not with one visit. $800 a visit and she said I'd have to come back for four more. I bought the PMD instead. 6 months of that didn't solve my issues, but it did about as much good as the doctors treatment and was not painful, so I'm sticking with this! I love the spa, but I can't afford to go very often. Dying to go to the Bliss  Spa in DC one of these days. I love massages and facials

Hmmm...not sure if you all consider Algenist a luxury brand - as they are certainly not as pricey as La Mer or some other brands I've seen mentioned, but I'm a huge fan and in fact, I regularly check their website looking for job openings LOL! That is how much I love them! 

I didn't start with makeup or skincare until I was in my 40's already. I lost over 100 pounds, and viola! WRINKLES! EEK!

I received the Algenist Genius Cream 10 day challenge from Sephora, and that was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I added the Reconstructive Serum, the Regenerative Anti-Aging Lotion and the Complete Eye Renewal Balm and my skin totally transformed! I watched as my deep wrinkles became light wrinkles - in some case they went away altogether, and I used to have a bad case of sebum overproduction but that too went away. I actually have selfies that I take every now and then to check my wrinkles (because I get lazy and don't do my full routine always) and I can really notice when I stray from the core products that work for me.

I used to keep selfies on my phone of before and after pics and have turned on a lot of people to the benefits of Algenist but I also know what works for one person, may not work for another.

In the shower I use the daily exfoliator and I use the Firming and Lifting mask once a week or so and it really does make me feel firmed and lifted LOL!

FYI - because I found Algenist so quickly after starting my dive into all things beauty, I thought it prudent to try other brands in case I was missing out on products that may work better for me (which I really didn't think possible but...what did I know?) so I tried StriVectin (I still use the neck tightening cream from StriVectin - love the scent!), some Korean brands that I can't recall right now, L'Occitane's two main skin care lines...Immortelle and the Divine one (still use L'Occi's Immortelle Foaming Face Wash - nothing makes my ears feel cleaner...I know how that sounds but it is so true LOL), and Ole Henriksen's skincare line.

It is worth pointing out that Ole's Sheer Transformation cream is so amazing I do still use that and alternate with my Genius cream.

I know I've tried other brands too, just can't recall now, but anyway my vote for best of the best for my skin, is Algenist!!

Congrats on the weight loss! Go you! That is fabulous . I have heard great things about Algenist. I used the eye cream for a while. 

Glad it brings you results. Smiley Happy

Vitner's Daughter oil is FANTASTIC, but is exceptionally pricey.  It's hard for me to justify $185 for 1 ounce of oil from anyone. I managed to get a bottle from a subscription box and I hoard it like liquid gold. Really.

SkinOwl's mangosteen drops are great, and a much less pricey choice. The fragrance is very fruity, so beware if fruit scents are not your favorite.

Tata Harper makes a beautiful oil - the replenishing nutrient complex - which is my favorite to use at night. Her products are pricey, but very effective.

I'm soooo curious about Vitner's Daughter (VD?? Lol). Sunday Riley's Juno is my go-to but I'm seriously tempted to cheat...

@Grahamcrackers Vintners is really awesome, but if you are scent sensitive, proceed with caution.

it really does get results though 

@Mochapj your rave made me ever more curious!! I found an online vendor based in Canada that sells samples!!! I bought a sample of Vitner's and May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon balm. 15$! BOOM. 

@Grahamcrackers Clementine Fields, perhaps?  

That's where I buy mine from anyway.  

Would love to hear what you think of Blue Cocoon when you get it.  I didn't like it at first, but I warmed up to it eventually and ended up getting a pot.  It's been magic for soothing my cystic acne.  

@Mochapj yes!! What a great site. I had never heard of it until I searched for a CDN site that sells VD (tee hee). Did you like VD enough to buy a full size? If I looove it I can justify the price...

@Grahamcrackers Yes, they are awesome!  They are a small boutique in my neighbourhood so I love supporting them.

i bought myself a FS of VD for my 35th birthday.  It felt like a good investment Smiley Wink

@Mochapj Holy Smokes! i think it's already working, because I'd card yo' butt at the liquor store!! For real!!

I love Clementine even more now knowing they are a local boutique. NOBODY offers decants of skincare, ever!!! 

Yeah, this is why you're my Beauty CEO. 

LOL @Grahamcrackers thank you!  Coincidentally, I do get carded at the liquor store almost every time Smiley Very Happy

And now I know I want business cards that say Beauty CEO Smiley Wink

@Mochapj My Clementine order came today! I love them already. The packaging, the cute personalized note, plus the fact that they even OFFER samples. I love them. Have trued VD all of one time but it absorbed soooo nicely (more than Juno) and left a pretty glow. Darn it all. This might be my new baseline oil! 

@Grahamcrackers oh yay!!!  So glad you are liking it so far!  

And I agree, they are super awesome at Clementine Smiley Wink

1 Reply