Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Advisors
Highlighted

All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Hello beauty talk members, I see so many color threads here. I love to chat about luxury skincare products and procedures. I am addicted to trying new things and am always on the lookout for something new in skincare. 

Have a favorite luxury brand or product? 

Have a fav skin tool or treatment? Please share.

Curious about botox? Spa treatments and peels? let's share our experiences here .

We can also post good GWP's, and specials. Smiley Happy

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Hello ladies and gents! Please post about your favorite luxury skincare products and treatments.

I will start.

I recently got Natura Bisse eye cream, Bellatorra skincare, Tatcha , Revive and Sunday Riley .

I did get more, but these are the new products I am testing out. 

Share yours too Smiley Happy

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

I have recently gotten into sunday riley as well and just started using their ceramic sip clay cleanser what products have you been using form their line?

My skin care focus is on oils, essences and other more natural ingredients (usually Korean or European brands...and they can be very, very expensive).  I don't use tools, treatments, peels or botox.  But I do douse my skin in layers of more natural treatments.

And my skin care decisions are based on ingredients as much as brands.

Favorites:

Essential oils: rose, berries, citrus, sandalwood, carrot seed, chamomile and more.

Base oils:  hazelnut, almond, kukui, jojoba, macademia, rosehip and when dry...avocado or even olive.

Exotics: snail, hyaluronic acid, galactomyces.

And I can't live without fermented essences.

I luv your entire list <3 !!!

Thanks!  Higher quality ingredients make such a difference.  I never used to read the labels, instead trusting the brand.  No more!

Odacite has a lovely wild carrot serum!

I'm in! I have to confess a few years ago I was not a luxury skin care gal. Or a Dr 90210 type. Now I'm into both LOL (no scalpels just laser and other goodies)

I'm over 40 so I'm not going down without a good fight. I also realized that I could spend a ton on beautiful makeup and it's not going to look that good unless the skin under it looks good.

I have combo skin that's not at all sensitive so I go for products with a lot of active ingredients in them. That's what lures me in. Right now 2 of my favorites are Sunday Riley Good Genes (had to get over the smell, took me at least one bottle to get past that) and Biologique Recherche p50 whatever (I'm tired and can't remember the name) toner that is a cult fave. That's stuff is powerful.

I'm a huge fan of lasers. Love them. Will be getting them as long as I'm living. They are so high tech and do a lot for your skin-especially if you are looking for anti aging and any acne issues.

Thanks for starting this Luvgloss13!

Lol Good Genes took me one bottle as well. Bottle two, I loved the smell... Go figure, haha

Luv the idea of laser and other goodies Smiley Happy

Anne, please share about the lasers and the Biologique! I have a local spa that sells it! May need it lol Smiley Wink

Yes Anne! I would love to hear as well. I just turned 40 in February and am interested in both. I'm fighting the good fight too! lol

Anne, Where did you purchase your Biologique?

Great topic! Right now, I"m all into SK-II.  I'm using the full line Toner (clear and brightening alternating) ,

Essence, Lotion (Cellumination mask-in-lotion), Serum (Aurabright),  Moisturizer (Celluminnation in the morning, Essential Power in the evening).  Essential Power Rich to dab on extra dry spots as needed. 

How do you like the moisturizers? And all products overall? I still can't decide if I like the essence even though I have been using it for 2-3 weeks now.. I heard you have to use sk-II products together to see the effect, so maybe that's why..

After years of trial and error, I may, just may have found my holy grail routine.  I started with just the essence, clearing toner and cellumination moisturizer last April.  About 6 weeks in, I began to notice a very marked improvement in the texture/tone of my skin.  I had been struggling with sensitivities/dry patches and a very stubborn whitehead/blackhead situation last winter and I finally said enough was enough.  I headed to my local  SK-II counter and took the plunge. I was so convince of the results, I added the brightening toner in September (because it is a bit more hydrating and very gel-like) cut down the Clearing toner to reduce the dryness and in October added the Essential Power Creams for my nighttime routine.  That combo got me through the winter.  I occasionally add an oil and use their sheet masks if I wanted extra hydration.  (I'm too lazy to do it regularly on a weekly basis. )  

Then, finally this past month, my latest addition was the serum.  Voila!  My complexion has never been more balanced.  I no longer consider myself "dry" or sensitive.  I haven't had a breakout of any kind for a good 3-4 months. I don't even use foundation that much because the "redness" is non existent.  I feel balanced - My facial skin feel just as healthy as the skin on my arms.  Color, tone, texture... everything is finally balanced for me.  So , I think it was worth the up front investment.  I ended up saving a lot of money in the end, (and time/effort) as I no longer have to go looking for the next product.  

But I do concur, that these products used in tandem, do take time.   My skin wasn't damaged overnight, so the healing couldn't be sped up either.  I never skip a step and follow this regimen religiously.  

Annajoang, are you having a specific issue with the essence? or is it that it's not meeting a specific expectation in a timely manner?

Thanks @blushnglow! I heard amazing things about SK-II, especially about the Essence Treatment, so I decided to give it a try first. I am just not sure if it works, it didn't make my skin worse, but I haven't seen any significant improvements either. 

My skin got really dry this winter, but it's usually not bad. Occasional acne on forehead, but that's all. I think I am looking for something that would brighten and hydrate my skin more. There are two lines between which I can't decide: Cellumination or Essential Power. 

Hi,

I am in my 20s right now, and I love skin care! 

I am currently testing SK-II treatment essence and Sunday Riley Luna Oil. I already used up 1 bottle of Sunday Riley Good Genes, and I am planning to get it again during the upcoming sale. Kiehl's is not luxury but I love their facial and eye cream, so I am on my 2nd-3rd jars now (which is sooo unusual for me, I don't tend to re-purchase things except for a couple of my must-haves). I am currently using Kiehl's toner, but I am not very happy with it, so I am looking for a replacement. Planning to get the Raw Sauce from MCoop because I loved the sample! 

I am also combining Foreo Luna and Clarisonic for cleansing together with Peter Thomas Roth anti-aging cleansing gel (the orange bottle) that does not dry my skin. Almost all the cleansers that I have tried before dried my skin, so I am impressed. As for exfoliation, I use the Erborian scrub 3 times a week, and maybe once a week I would do a Boscia peel. If I have some heavy make up on, I would remove it with Shu Uemura cleansing oil (does not leave my skin dry or oily) (brownish bottle). Otherwise, I just use Garnier Micellar water - my new find!!! Love it!! I have another favorite - Dior Micellar Water, it smells amazing, but its price tag is also "amazing", so I have Garnier as an alternative. 

Not sure if we are talking about masks here too, so I am going to skip for now..

I am very interested in hearing about La Prairie, La Mer, SK-II, Chantecaille, Valmont and other similar brands. Korean and other Asian brands are also a mystery for me right now, hope to hear reviews and recommendations!

I wrote a bit of my experience with SK-II in my post below. But I wanted to add my two-cents regarding your choice of Micellar Water.  For a very affordable option, just as effective, is Bioderma.  If you are interested in La Prairie, your skin (maybe not your wallet) might love their Cellular Cleansing water for eyes and face as well.  It is very soothing.  La Prairie has a very moisturizing toner (the pink bottle is called something like the softening lotion?) is targeted for those post-peel to soothe the skin. But I have used that on and off in the dead of winter to stave off sever dehydration.  Potent stuff and lasts forever. 

Trish Mcevoy also has a very good cleansing water that has a lower price point.  

I tend to stay away from La Mer because I have had multiple "intolerances" shall I say with their miracle broth. I dunno, maybe its something with the seaweed thing.  

You might also want to check out Cle de Peau.  A very nice line of skincare but it wasn't for me in the end.

@blushnglow Thanks! I have tried Bioderma before, and I love it! The price point is right in the middle between Garnier and Dior..

I was thinking about the purple La Prairie - Age Management Balancer. There are so many things out there now, and I am so curious about everything that I get scared sometimes that my skin will go crazy on me and I will break out! lol

I have tried La Mer Creme before, and I wasn't that impressed; however, maybe I was way too young back then. I am using the lip balm and the loose powder right now, and I am so in love! I will def re-purchase the lipbalm when I finish it.

Hi i am also in my twenties and i have recently tried out the sleeping mask from la prairie which is really different from a normal face mask as it doesn't dry it is more like a heavy cream. It has a floral scent. that i found calming. And when i woke up i had glowing soft skin, i would overall say this is a pretty good mask especially if you tend to have drier skin, but again it is very expensive. But considering how many uses i got out of my sample i would say that the full size will last you a VERY long time especially if you tend to use a variety of masks. I have also recently tried the la mer eye concentrate which i found to be pretty good i though it really moisturized my eye area and helped with dark circles i haven't found anything like it and will continue to use it until i do! I am very interested in hearing about the La Prairie skin caviar luxe cream sheer! 

I have a sample of that mask too! I guess it would be a good time for a mask day today!

I use Obagi products, coconut oil and C serum. I also feel that Bareminerals mineral powder foundation has been very beneficial to my skin. Oh and I only use a zinc oxide based sunscreen.

Can you share what Obagi you are using? I have the C20 and I think I can not use because it has alcohol in it. TY Smiley Happy @PaletteAddict99

So my new main love is the Bellatorra mist. I don't know where this had been all my life, but if I could just get this applied in like a spray tan booth setting I'd be sooo happy. I blame you luvgloss - also Xiomarra lol. I highly recommend this mist; it's worth every penny. I still have other items to try (Tatcha, la mer, more Bellatorra etc). I just have to put the mist down!

915 Replies