Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

itchy skin

my skin gets really itchy sometimes...I thought it was bc of my blanket/fabrics, but I wonder if it's another symptom of anxiety, cuz even after getting out of bed I'm still itchy and now have a bunch of big pink scratches all over, which are sore and now I'm scared to take a shower...lol. 😞

does anyone know if this is related to anxiety, or know of anything to help the itchiness or soreness?  thanks.

Re: itchy skin

@treestar86 you might want to swing by your doctor's just to check it out. It could be a developed allergic reaction to detergent or food or even a symptom from a virus.I've caught a virus/cold where itching was one of the symptoms was itching it was awful. 

You can try taking an over the counter allergy medication to see if it can alleviate the itches until then though. I found it effective, but had to take one to two daily to keep up its effect (my doctor said this was fine as the management of the itchiness) 

Hi @treestar86!

It could be a sign of anxiety.  When I was a kid, I used to scratch myself when I got nervous but not really because my skin was itchy... more of a reaction to my nerves I guess.

Are you currently using any products on your body like body lotions?  Have you switched the soaps you use?

Aloe and oatmeal lotions/ creams might help soothe the itch.  I have eczema on my body due to the hard water I get where I now live.  I use Gold Bond cream with 2% colloidal oatmeal and it really helps keep the redness and itchiness away.  Gold Bond has several different lotions so you could check their official website.

You can also try putting something cool on the itchy areas like a cool gel pack or menthol cream/patch.

no, and no.  I thought it was bc of not showering enough, but arent we all showering less these days? lol. even when I do, it doesnt seem to help sometimes.  even my face and hair get itchy. 😞  my dermae tea tree body wash helps when my skin's more troublesome, but now with all these scratches I'm afraid to use it.  I'll look into those products, thanks.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing