Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body

Weight loss supplements

Are there any good weight loss supplements that actually work?

Re: Weight loss supplements

I don't know of any supplements that work. However, eating plant based with no added oil in preparing food will give you a healthy easy weight loss and when you reach your body's natural weight you will stabilize. I've done this for years and it's great for someone like me that really likes to fill my plate. I can eat as many veggies, fruits and grains as I'd like and I stay lean and healthy. You can check out how to do this by reading Dr Fuhrman or Dr MacDougall's books on plant based eating.

Re: Weight loss supplements

@KatherineRoses - Calories in, calories out!

You need to lose 3,500 calories per week to lose 1 lb per week.  That's 500 calories per day.  You can lose those calories by switching from pop/sweetened drinks to water, removing sugar and simple carbs (processed foods) from your diet and eating more fruits, vegetables, and grains, just to name a few.  Adults need at least 2 hrs 30 min (150 min) of moderate-intensity aerobic activity ever week or 1 hr 15 min (75 min) of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity every week.  This 30 min or optimally 40 to 60 min per day, which you can break into 10 min. intervals throughout the day.

The weight loss supps I tried years ago made me jittery and feel weird, and they didn't help me lose weight.  They're not worth it and their expensive.  I lost more weight when I became a vegetarian--and kept it off. 

Here's some info:  https:// ods (dot) od (dot) nih (dot) gov  In the middle of the screen is a "fact sheet" on dietary supplements.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing