cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|
Anonymous Insider

Vegan/aluminum free deodorant

Hi everyone! I've been looking for a vegan and/or aluminum free deodorant and I'm having a but of trouble and wondering if anyone had one they loved? I tried the one by Tarte and it actually broke me out pretty badly.

Re: Vegan/aluminum free deodorant

Lavanila Sport Luxe!! 

RE: Vegan/aluminum free deodorant

I can't say enough great things about Schmidt's sensitive formula!!!! I've been using them over a year now and I find that I sweat less, no pit stains and it's sooo comfortable to apply. Only downside is I usually reapply later in the day but that's a small price to pay to keep my body healthy

My two faves are Aromaco from Lush and the sensitive skin formula deodorant from Schmidt Naturals. I can't use anything with baking soda because it makes my underarms just burn and itch.

Crystal is basically a stick of salt which creates an inhospitable environment for odor-causing bacteria. Use on wet armpits then you can add another scented thing once it dries if you like.

If you use an acid toner on your underarms, it creates a hostile environment for BO bacteria. I've been using the FAB Facial Radiance pads, but PIXI glow tonic would probably also work great. I would still use a deodorant for back up, but so far I haven't had to use the toner more than once a day. Tarte has a nice vegan aluminum-free deodorant. Addidas has an aluminum-free deodorant that uses cotton technology to keep you dry. 

I'm interested in what you find out because I'd love to find a deoderant that doesn't make me miss antiperspirant. Lush *used* to have a really nice coconut powder deoderant that's since been discontinued that was the only thing that made me give up Secret. I've tried Lavanilla, but I get super-paranoid that I reek of BO by midday. Genetically, I can't escape being a carrier for BO bacteria. I do wash thoroughly, I have wipes, I do the things. I also like to not smell like deoderant plus a very pungent raw onion. I'm told solid salt block deoderant can work really well. Have yet to try. The search continues...

It's not available at Sephora, but the takesumi detox deodorant from Kaia Naturals is the only natural deodorant I've tried that works and doesn't irritate my skin. I am honestly amazed; I had had such bad luck with natural deodorant in the past. It's cruelty free and I think vegan too? I Highly reccomend

RE: Re: Vegan/aluminum free deodorant

The Kaia Naturals deodorant is so good! It's what I used when switching to a natural deodorant after I had a horrible reaction to a deodorant I'd been using for at least two years.

I've relied on this deodorant for over 2 decades, it has never caused any irritation & it keeps me dry.  Lavilin underarm deodorant cream.  What's unusual about it is that its applied before bedtime & it varies how often it is applied according to the individual's chemistry. Myself, I use it once weekly, my husband twice a month & my mom twice weekly! The container holds a rather small amount of thick creamy paste but a very minuscule amount is all that's required. I only buy Lavilin every 8 months! Hope I was able to help.

I like the Kiss My Face liquid rock in fragrance free, or...

I like the Kiss My Face liquid rock in fragrance free, or the solid crystal stick - I think the brand is just Crystal. I react badly to traditional antiperspirants, but these don't give me any problems. Make sure to apply to freshly cleaned skin, though!

@Anonymous lavanila has a sport one that is aluminum free and seems to work pretty well for me they have other scents but they do not last long. Another option is Lush deodorants. https://www.lavanila.com/collections/deodorant http://www.lush.ca/en/body/deodorants/t%27eo/00433.html

I don't know if Milk has vegan products but the Milk deodorant is alum free. I use it everyday and found that it works pretty well (I live in Florida and walk to go to campus). Only down side is that it causes a slight burning sensation sometimes, as if there's a lot of alcohol in the product. 

I noticed the burning from Mill's deodorant too! Especially when my body temperature was rising, as if it was kicking in! I go back and forth between two natural deodorants, with two different scents and I keep one at home that I apply in the morning g and the other I apply in the middle of the day to freshen up. Ever since I started that routine, I feel like my scent has stayed in check (currently using the Tarte one in the morning and the Lavanila sport one mid-day)

@Anonymous Stinkbug Naturals deos are organic, non gmo, and aluminum free. Sticks are not vegan ( they contain beeswax ). But, I think their cream deos are. Both versions work pretty good.

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing