Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

Self Tan durability and staining

Hi everyone! I know there are a lot of self-tan related posts, but I thought I would make my one to ask the specific questions I have; who knows, maybe others can relate too!

I'm someone who can tan fairly easily and loves the summer sun. With my summer glow, however, I realized I have vitiligo (melanin cells dying so they are white, non pigmented) and it spreads with sun exposure.

I like to be tan but am super self conscious about my white spots being so visible, so I'm interested in something that gives me a full coverage summer glow all year round.I've used the buildable/gradual self-tan lotions but am interested in something that deposits color more quickly and is longer lasting. I am a frequent gym goer who loves white sheets, however, so I'm curious about the sweat resistance and staining factors of all the products out there. 

Any info and insight you have is welcome!

Thanks so much 🙂

Re: Self Tan durability and staining

The 2 longest lasting self tanners I've tried are Isle of Paradise tanning water and Luxe Tan water formula. The Luxe Tan has a bit of a piney odor, but no self tanner smell that I can detect, the Isle one has no smell at all. Both last about a week on me and I exercise everyday and shower multiple times a day if it's hot outside and I'm doing outdoor work. No sheet staining with either one.

If you don't need as long lasting a formula, NKD pre shower self tanner (from ULTA) lasts me about 5 days and you leave it on for 10 minutes before showering it off, so no chance of sheet staining at all.

Re: Self Tan durability and staining

I’m an African American and swear by self tanners to hide veins. Ulta is my new favorite cause it’s budget friendly and doesn’t stain my white jeans. It last a week.

RE: Re: Self Tan durability and staining

Thank you!! Have you tried the Isle of Paradise drops at all?

Re: RE: Re: Self Tan durability and staining

@abisnacki-  I just got the drops recently and haven't had a chance to try them. Maybe I'll try them this evening and let you know how the resulting tan holds up!  Thanks for reminding me, I think I have waaaay too many tanners, lol.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing