Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
Anonymous Insider

Products for greasy hair?

Okay so if I shower before I go to bed (usually between 10 & 11) I’ll wake up with noticeably greasy hair. If I shower in the morning (at 7ish) my hair is noticeably greasy by 4ish. I also have dandruff. Please help!

RE: Products for greasy hair?

You should try using several different shampoos and conditioners and alternate using them. Make one of your choices a Clarifying shampoo. Don't use the same shampoo more than two or three times in a row. Also let your hair "air dry" once in a while. Like if your staying in for the evening, just let it dry naturally. This helps with the natural oils in your hair, which are good. If you wash and dry your hair every night it causes your scalp to produce more oil...washing with a harsh shampoo, which you may not even know is harsh, plus blow drying causes your scalp to dry out so it makes more oil to compensate for the dryness and you end up with oiler hair in the long run. Also another problem could be, and this may sound silly, but if you regularly color your hair, especially blonde, you dry out your hair, your scalp will compensate by making more oil but also if you use a lot of moisturizers on your face, like under your make up or a heavy night moisturizer, if you get it to close to your hair, the hair will also soak up your moisturizer because when you color your hair your hair gets porous and it will soak up some of your moisturizers. This make your hair very oily right at the hair line. I try and keep my moisturizers about a half inch from my hair line. Switching shampoos has helped me a lot with my very oily hair.
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing