Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

ISO Moisturizing Body Care

What are your HG products for moisturizing parched skin? Anyone have any luck with shower creams or cleansing oil? The dry winter isn’t even here and my skin is crying out for moisture! Heeeelllllppppp!

RE: ISO Moisturizing Body Care

I haven’t had any luck with in-shower lotions (such a gimmick in my opinion) but I do love the L’Occitane Almond Shower Oil (it’s fantastic for shaving and moisturizing) and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. Definitely the most intensive body cream Sephora sells, and you can get a huge tub for cheap at several retailers in a variety of scents!!

Re: ISO Moisturizing Body Care

My go-to is the hemp hand cream from the body shop. Hemp oil is incredibly good for your skin, so I've heard good things about just using that too.

I have been using Kiehl's Since 1851 Crème de Corps Refillable Hydrating Body Lotion with Squalane 8.4 oz/ 250 mlfor a few years. For the longest time, I tried so many lotions, creams, and oils, but nothing kept my skin from flaking an hour after putting it on. The Kiehl's lotion changed my life! It is definitely on the pricey side, but I only use it after I get out of the shower, so the biggest bottle lasts about an entire year. I also really like the Dove Shea Butter and Warm Vanilla body wash!

I have been using

1.  Aveeno lotion from Costco (2 jumbo size bottles for a very reasonable

price) and it’s very moisturizing.

i sometimes like to use something more lux and just bought the

2.  JOSIE MARAN - Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter((yet to try as it hasn’t delivered yet.

3. i also did what @darkiceis mentioned, bought FAB tubs last year during black Fri sale and used those as all over body moisturizer.

keep in mind if you have eczema or peculiar skin, you might have to try few things as none of these things work for my DD and I buy Cetaphil tubs for her from Costco.

@hayleybou I love JOSIE MARAN - Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter. It comes in a variety of natural scents and also unscented. 

@hayleybou I like using L'OCCITANE - Almond Smoothing and Beautifying Supple Skin Oil and mixing it into my body creams (like L'Occitane Almond Body Balm).

Hi hi @hayleybou 

For me, regardless of how moisturizing a shower gel or soap is, I still need some intense moisture after a shower.  One of my favorite products to use after a shower is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g.  I don't use it on my face, just my body.  It really is intense with keeping my body moisturized and hydrated.  I'm not a fan of the smell, it has a medical/clinical smell so I normally just deal with it or spray on a light body spray.  The end results are totally worth it and it looks like that it might a special for it on black friday for $15?  I purchased 3 tubs last yr, totally worth it!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing