Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

Hard Rough Heels :(

I am spacing out my pedicures more and more to save some green, but now I am finding that my heels are so hard and starting to get painful. I really would like to keep a regimen at home while in-between pedicures. Any recommendations or go-To items I can do at home? 

Re: Hard Rough Heels :(

I drink lots of water and use a tea tree foot lotion two or three times per day. When I get proper nutrition my feet are softer.

Anonymous Insider

I advise you to review your grocery table. If the skin cover in the heel area is very dry and coarsened, this indicates a deficiency of vitamins in the body - A, E, B1, B2, B6, B12. Therefore, it is initially worth including in foods products that contain these vitamins.

RE: Hard Rough Heels :(

Hope I’m not too late!! Lol but all you need is shea butter!!! It’s pretty thick so take some and rub it in your palms and apply it to the heels of your feet at night. It’ll go back to normal in no time!!

Re: RE: Hard Rough Heels :(

I agree with all of these. I scrub my feet after I shower at night, rub cocoa butter, shea butter or Vaseline and put on socks. Sometimes socks are uncomfortable to sleep in but they help with healing and softening dry heels. 

RE: Re: RE: Hard Rough Heels :(

Yesssss I use socks as well!!!

RE: Hard Rough Heels :(

@UnicornSparkle7, same issues here! I try to moisturize nightly and take 1/2 an hour once a week to soak, file, exfoliate and moisturize, but the dry, cracked heels happen faster lately so I will be trying foot masks as mentioned in the other comments. One suggestion I can offer that really has helped though is paraffin wax! I pulled my old paraffin wax machine out of the closet not long ago (bought at either Walmart or a pharmacy many years ago) and purchased some wonderful scented wax at Sally’s. After soaking & exfoliating, I apply a thick coat of lotion and dip a few times - instead of the ill-fitting “bags” I just wrap my waxed feet in Saran Wrap and slip socks on over it for safety (slippery to walk anywhere otherwise!) I leave it on for about 10 minutes and then just slide the wax off - really seals in the moisture and my feet look great for days!

@UnicornSparkle7 I recommend trying the BOSCIA - Baby Soft Foot Peel.

I have found this works great! 

Best,
Rebecca

@UnicornSparkle7   Emjoi (I keep wanting to type "emoji" instead- ha!) makes a great micro pedi tool (basically a very gentle sanding machine for your feet!)

I'll spare you the details of the condition of my feet when I started using it, but it really helps a lot, and quickly.  I know it's sold at Amazon.

The other product I used and found effective is using a facial exfoliator for my feet!  Lancer's The Polish was very effective and smoothing and softening my skin.  It doesn't take much product per application either.

https://www.sephora.com/product/the-method-polish-P399737

@UnicornSparkle7 I second the foot peeling masks. You can find some cheaper ones but they're not always that effective. I've tried one from the Korean brand esfolio that I've found at Marshalls and that one has done the trick really well. I think the most famous ones are the Babyfoot, which you can find at Ulta but they're kind of pricey. I do not recommend that Miss Spa ones though. Between peels, I try to use a crystal foot file ( you can find them at beauty supply stores)

@UnicornSparkle7  Have you ever tried a foot peeling mask? I recently tried one that worked wonders for my very rough, callused feet. You can check out my post here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4789267/highligh...

@UnicornSparkle7, I use one of these at the end of my shower almost everyday to slough off the dead skin.  They're fairly inexpensive and you can get them at most nail sections in the beauty aisles.  And to keep my heels from getting dry and cracked, I make sure to moisturize right after my shower (usually at night) and before I put on my shoes in the morning - I wear socks and closed-toe shoes everyday so it works out.  Hope that helps!

20190619_102626.jpg

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • 20190619_102626.jpg
testing